It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plagiarism and the great flood

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The plagiarism of what has been known as the great biblical flood has its' roots going back possibly 20,000 years.

Many of us have heard there are other accounts of the flood but what I find interesting is the straight out account of some god telling a guy to build a boat, take his wife and gather animals for a flood is coming to wipe out humanity. OK he builds the boat, floats away until the waters recede and ends up atop a mountain.

Many different gods telling many different guys going way way back in written and oral history. youtu.be...

edit on 727rdk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Do you have info on the 20k number?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Do you have info on the 20k number?

Yes it is in the video or I would not have quoted it. The researchers go way back listing all the ancient writings and their accounts of the flood. I knew of a few but this is the most complete list from around the world I have ever heard. Enjoy..

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
They did not source a 20kya number either. Im not finding anything online.

The flood myth likely relates to the flooding of the Black Sea 7500 years ago.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I think the dating comes from the myriad of similar stories available and the age of the cultures involved.

There are far too many such stories to be able to pin it down to a definite event.

I would point you to Isaac Asimov's research books

Asimov's guide to the Bible, part 1.

Part 1 covers the old testament.

P

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The discovery of sediments in the Black Sea flowing from the Bosporous happened after Asimov died.

There is a single event that broke up the indo european language. The myth spread to europe and india from there. Africa doesnt have one. The Aboriginals likely have a different event. The natives events were planted by Christians. Chinas event was 3k years ago on the Yellow River.

That about wraps it up.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I always wondered if the (supposed) boat ended up on top of a mountain due to plate tectonics and not a flood?

But I guess it takes longer than 20000 years for mountains to reach such a height.

Just thinking out loud

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Various floods.
Various places.

Lots of other cautionary tales, as well.

edit on 8/3/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky With the floods came mud flood,volcanoes ,quakes seems we get hit by a disaster every 380 yrs which would put us due in May of 21 for disaster,over 90% of living on earth killed,and recycled

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I agree that is one of them but the others from the Mid-east/Asia were far far away. Sumerian, Indian Sanskrit, all have a tale to tell.

I had never seen or heard all the stories in one spot before like what was presented in the video.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Most humans are closely linked through SPIRITUAL consciousness what does this mean to the average human? I will explain in new thread.

I will soon be releasing an interesting revelation into the flood and why it occurred. What exactly was it that made God upset during Noah's (Noe) day? A spirit can not make a human person pregnant. The spirit MUST have a flesh and body and how did they do this?

Through GENETIC manipulation of human flesh and bone! Since the 40's we have been 24/7 into human DNA genetic experiments. Changing humans into an alleged better, stronger, longer living human. Exactly what was going on during the days of Noah!

Through this type of manipulation .... we have hybirds on this planet that have no soul from God but from science. These empty shells have a non human spirit placed inside them done through science!

Why? little hint.... to destroy the original image of God in humans. This is the line that should not be crossed! Tom Horn and Chris Putman wrote a great book about this subject and are on the mark. These are the same two guys who stated months in advance that Poopy pants Benedict (pope) would be stepping down.

edit on 3-8-2020 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The plagiarism of what has been known as the great biblical flood has its' roots going back possibly 20,000 years.

Many of us have heard there are other accounts of the flood but what I find interesting is the straight out account of some god telling a guy to build a boat, take his wife and gather animals for a flood is coming to wipe out humanity. OK he builds the boat, floats away until the waters recede and ends up atop a mountain.

Many different gods telling many different guys going way way back in written and oral history. youtu.be...

Straight out of the Bible.

Believe it.

Or not.

Your choice.

Personally, I like the tale of Gilgamesh regarding the great flood. It resonates with me on a very deep level for some reason.

But, what do I know?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The black sea basin is the most probable inspiration behind eastern flood lore.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Most stories from the Bible are to fantastical and full of rubbish. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t some kind of truth to them. Personally, I enjoy and can get on board with the theory of an asteroid impact 12,000 years ago in what is now Canada causing the mythical “great flood”. Science is backing up this theory more and more.

Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson have done a great job of presenting their evidence they’ve discovered researching the theory On Joe Rogans podcast. It would have had a global effect, possibly destroying some very sophisticated civilizations in its wake. I’ll try to come back in a few minutes when I don’t have the cutest little 10 month old girl constantly trying to grab my phone from me and post the links to the podcasts.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Why that one specifically instead of the massive flooding during the younger dryas about 12,900 years ago? That would be a more likely candidate age wise, though I am not dismissing the impact of the black sea.
edit on 8/3/2020 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The Urantia Book talks about the flood in paper 78. You can read it HERE.

78:7.1 (874.6) The river dwellers were accustomed to rivers overflowing their banks at certain seasons; these periodic floods were annual events in their lives. But new perils threatened the valley of Mesopotamia as a result of progressive geologic changes to the north.

78:7.2 (874.7) For thousands of years after the submergence of the first Eden the mountains about the eastern coast of the Mediterranean and those to the northwest and northeast of Mesopotamia continued to rise. This elevation of the highlands was greatly accelerated about 5000 B.C., and this, together with greatly increased snowfall on the northern mountains, caused unprecedented floods each spring throughout the Euphrates valley. These spring floods grew increasingly worse so that eventually the inhabitants of the river regions were driven to the eastern highlands. For almost a thousand years scores of cities were practically deserted because of these extensive deluges.

78:7.3 (874.8) Almost five thousand years later, as the Hebrew priests in Babylonian captivity sought to trace the Jewish people back to Adam, they found great difficulty in piecing the story together; and it occurred to one of them to abandon the effort, to let the whole world drown in its wickedness at the time of Noah’s flood, and thus to be in a better position to trace Abraham right back to one of the three surviving sons of Noah.

78:7.4 (875.1) The traditions of a time when water covered the whole of the earth’s surface are universal. Many races harbor the story of a world-wide flood some time during past ages. The Biblical story of Noah, the ark, and the flood is an invention of the Hebrew priesthood during the Babylonian captivity. There has never been a universal flood since life was established on Urantia. The only time the surface of the earth was completely covered by water was during those Archeozoic ages before the land had begun to appear.

78:7.5 (875.2) But Noah really lived; he was a wine maker of Aram, a river settlement near Erech. He kept a written record of the days of the river’s rise from year to year. He brought much ridicule upon himself by going up and down the river valley advocating that all houses be built of wood, boat fashion, and that the family animals be put on board each night as the flood season approached. He would go to the neighboring river settlements every year and warn them that in so many days the floods would come. Finally a year came in which the annual floods were greatly augmented by unusually heavy rainfall so that the sudden rise of the waters wiped out the entire village; only Noah and his immediate family were saved in their houseboat.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

In the past, I would have agreed with this, but at present, I'm not so sure it's as much plagiarism as it is the re-telling of a story passed down for many generations. Every culture/religion influences stories like these according to their beliefs. It's the followers of said religions that try to own the story as unique to their own history. The Jews are no exception.

Haven't watched the video yet, but I will do so when time allows today. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: 727Sky With the floods came mud flood,volcanoes ,quakes seems we get hit by a disaster every 380 yrs which would put us due in May of 21 for disaster,over 90% of living on earth killed,and recycled

That would be the Grand Solar Minimum that hits us. Last time was in the 1600's and lasted throughout the 1700's. But that doesn't bring floods. Summer would be more like Fall and Winter would be extreme.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

It's all in what you choose to believe. As far as the stories in the Bible being rubbish, well, nobody can prove that.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Assassin82

It's all in what you choose to believe. As far as the stories in the Bible being rubbish, well, nobody can prove that.

Proof? Maybe or maybe not, but enough evidence has been collected on some of those stories to show there is little if any fact to them and mostly legends and myths. Your statement that "It's all in what you choose to believe." is most accurate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join