It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Hydroxychloroquine and Chloroquine are also Useful in Treating Cancer.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

President Trump sent out a Tweet this morning regarding a break-through that will significantly reduce drug prices in the USA.

I thought he already did that?
www.npr.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
That is why "Right to Try" is available to all, if he/she can find a doctor willing to try a Non-FDA-Approved regime, and can afford to do so.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
You are correct. When you get a prescription, the list of "potential side effects" is always very long.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
You should wear a mask because if there’s even the slightest chance it helps, it’s worth it

You can’t have hydroxychloriquine because there’s only a small chance that it helps

Leftists are pathetic

Good analogy...They pump out a crazy amount of hypocrisy on many issues. Not just those related to health.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

This all reminds me of the commercials I see for one type of drug or the other that lists all kinds of possible side effects..
Sometimes it sounds like the side effects are worse than the disease.

The dangers of these particular drugs seem to be exaggerated more than covid.

But they keep being produced and consumed. Millions of pills, injections, patches, etc.. every day.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

That is why "Right to Try" is available to all

Incorrect. There are very specific requirements. The patient must be terminal and all other appropriate treatments have been tried.

Right-to-try laws are U.S. state laws and a federal law that were created with the intent of allowing terminally ill patients access to experimental therapies (drugs, biologics, devices) that have completed Phase I testing but have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

en.wikipedia.org...

The value of these laws has been questioned on multiple grounds, including the fact that pharmaceutical manufacturers would have no obligation to provide the therapies being sought.[1] A federal right to try law was passed in May 2018, but as of June 2019 only two patients had been accepted for experimental therapies.[2] According to Scott Gottlieb, who served as commissioner of the FDA under President Donald Trump, the FDA had approved 99% of patient requests for access to experimental drugs prior to the passage of right to try legislation.[3]

edit on 8/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3sixand9

There's no 'also' about it.

I guess you folks hear what you want to hear but even Trump's testing czar said today, "The evidence just doesn't show hydroxychloroquine is effective, for now."

It's common sense and logical to believe doctors and patients who have been helped. Particularly if you or a loved-one is afflicted with Covid-19...or any potentially deadly disease.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3sixand9

There's no 'also' about it.

I guess you folks hear what you want to hear but even Trump's testing czar said today, "The evidence just doesn't show hydroxychloroquine is effective, for now."

If this were a political thread, I would explain that. But to sum it up in one phrase, "deep-state infiltration to maintain the status-quo".

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sheesh, why take a potentially addictive drug that can cause heart problems when all you need to cure cancer is baking soda and molasses, it probably cures covid as well.

What is your positive cancer experience, using baking soda and molasses?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You should wear a mask because if there’s even the slightest chance it helps, it’s worth it

You can’t have hydroxychloriquine because there’s only a small chance that it helps

Leftists are pathetic

You're wrong on both counts.

First, here's a scientific study from Brigham Young University from about 10 days ago or so:

www.heraldextra.com...

Here are some of the main points of the study:

The researchers found convincing evidence from multiple controlled experiments and field observations that wearing a cloth mask can stop up to 90% of the dispersal droplets carrying the virus. ...
“When we went through the studies that mask skeptics were sharing on social media, we found that literally every one was being taken out of context or blatantly misinterpreted,” Abbott said.

... They added that public masking works through source control, where “my mask protects you, and your mask protects me.”

Wearing a mask is also considered the best way to keep the virus from having disastrous effects on the nation’s economy, according to the study.

“The most recent analysis by Goldman Sachs suggests that increasing masking by 25 percentage points from current levels would cut the COVID-19 growth rate by three-fold and prevent the need for a second round of economic shutdowns,” the group wrote. “They predict this would result in an economic benefit of approximately $1 trillion. Another study found that 80% of the population wearing cloth masks when in public would be more effective at stopping the virus than a strict lockdown of the whole population.”

Second, there is currently no state in the union that says "you can't have hydroxychloriquine". If you request hydroxychloriquine and your doctor agrees to prescribe it, there is no prohibition against prescribing it off label. That's exactly what Donald Trump did. However, there are some states that require the doctor to state in the prescription that you actually have COVID-19 and why the doctor thinks that--like having a positive test for the virus, for example.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Which drug are you referring to? The Hydroxychloroquine has generated relatively few negative side effects over its 60 years of use.

The CDC says only a few side-effects: www.cdc.gov...

edit on 8/2/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Leftists are pathetic

How many people die of heart attack, or go blind, due to mask wearing?

You can also remove a mask if it causes the slightest discomfort.

How many die of a heart attack or go blind from hydroxychloriquin treatment?

Oh that’s right FAR LESS than those who have heir wuflu symptoms disappear

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sheesh, why take a potentially addictive drug that can cause heart problems when all you need to cure cancer is baking soda and molasses, it probably cures covid as well.

What is your positive cancer experience, using baking soda and molasses?

I wasn't being serious.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

This might save you some time explaining to the anti maskers.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
HCQ has some properties that can slow cancer growth and that gives the body time to destroy it. It is not a direct relationship though from what I read a couple of months back.

Coffee contains quinine chemistry and can also deter cancer growth the same way. But, too much coffee causes side effects too.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Leftists are pathetic

How many people die of heart attack, or go blind, due to mask wearing?

You can also remove a mask if it causes the slightest discomfort.

How many die of a heart attack or go blind from hydroxychloriquin treatment?

Oh that’s right FAR LESS than those who have heir wuflu symptoms disappear

In the study looking at HCQ effect on breast cancer, that Phage posted a little further back in this thread, nearly 15% of those in the study discontinued due to adverse reactions.

Phage's post

Also, there seems to be a lot of confusion between the effectiveness of HCQ as a preventative, and that as a treatment. These are two different things.

If HCQ works as a treatment, it does not necessarily follow that it is exactly as effective as a preventative. Separate studies are required to establish effectiveness in each specific case. To a certain extent, many of the claims for HCQ have used the results of one study, to validate its use in a different case.

I'm not knocking HCQ. It could be wonderful, but it could also be a disaster if it's use is pushed forward by public opinion rather than valid science.

So far, science is not saying that it is a wonder drug. It works, but not as effectively at low (and safer) doses, and it has drawbacks, too. Perhaps we are all being over-cautious, but there was a lot of medieval medicine (like bloodletting and cranial puncture) that killed people for a thousand years because no-one ever challenged the popular belief.

edit on 2/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The anti maskers as you call them aren't as stupid as you
might like to think they are.

This is America and we don't run and hide from our enemies.
This virus is our enemy but death is a part of life.
You can run and cower yourself away from your enemy
Give up everything you have that was good to you.
Your home your country your way of life all just to live
a little longer. But you have to stop running and hiding
at some point. And the enemy will still be there waiting.

Science is teaching us fear right now. Deep rotting fear.
Our country our homes our lives and our freedoms are
beginning to rot even as we sit and argue now. Fear is
not what Americans do. Something for science to consider.
Rather than dishonoring all those who sacrificed all that
I just referred to. So that some future cowards could plss
it all away.

I refuse to lock down and I refuse to wear a mask on that
premise. Because that's what Americans do.
edit on 2-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
“Because it’s uncomfortable” ???

Nope

“Because I’m not a media-fed CUCK”

99.96% recovery rate.
What’s the mask for again?

Wake me up when the death toll reaches 77 million. That’s a clean ONE PERCENT of the population. Even that wouldn’t be worth shutting down the world for, no other bug has caused that level of over-reaction.

ONE PERCENT would be around 77 million

Until then, yawn.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Science is teaching us fear right now.

No, ignorance is teaching us fear right now. Ignorance of how science works, ignorance of reality in the face of MSM propaganda, and ignorance of how to apply critical thought to what is presented.

Science says, at this point in time, that we have a novel virus spreading throughout the population. It is highly infectious, and is highly dangerous for a small portion of the public. Science says we should take extreme measures to protect that small portion of the public wherever practical.

Science also says that the vast majority of the public are at no serious risk of death or permanent dysfunction because of the virus. Science says that while we have no known cure and no known vaccine, we do have a few different medications that appear at this time to be somewhat effective at treatment.

Politics says we should close down the economy until a vaccine is administered to the public. Politics says that we must all wear a face mask at all times. Politics says that we must shut down all large gatherings... church services, sports games, concerts, celebrations, reunions, funerals, etc... except for demonstrations which fit the agenda of our leaders. Politics says that this virus will spread to those who purchase seeds in Walmart, but not to those who purchase groceries in Walmart. Politics says that even face masks and physical separation won't prevent this virus from infecting those who dare attend a polling station, killing them and everyone they know and love, but the virus will not be an issue in a crowded liquor store. Politics says that walking alone on a beach is acceptable, but only if one does not step on sand which is wet. Politics says all present experimental treatments are bad and evil, and we must wait for an unspecified time until one appears that is acceptable (and preferably pads the pockets of big pharma sufficiently).

There is a world of difference between what science says and what politics says. The key is knowing which is speaking.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

I think of it like this and I'll use smoking as an example.

You can either quit before you get sick or wait till you get sick then quit, either way you're going to have to quit smoking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join