It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Hydroxychloroquine and Chloroquine are also Useful in Treating Cancer.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sunday, August 2, 2020

This 2017 NIH-CDC article indicates that both Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine are effective in treating several types of cancers in humans.

Chloroquine (CQ) and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are well-known 4-aminoquinoline antimalarial agents. Scientific evidence also supports the use of CQ and HCQ in the treatment of cancer. Overall, preclinical studies support CQ and HCQ use in anti-cancer therapy, especially in combination with conventional anti-cancer treatments since they are able to sensitise tumour cells to a variety of drugs, potentiating the therapeutic activity.

Even though it is too soon to make definite conclusions about the overall effect of CQ and HCQ in anti-cancer treatments, the clinical data already available are encouraging to further explore their potential as anti-cancer agents, with a preference for CQ. Until now, most clinical evidence was found in patients with glioblastoma and brain metastases and in patients with BRAF mutations, but some promising effects have been reported in patients with lung cancer, multiple myeloma and sarcoma as well.

More than 30 clinical studies are currently evaluating HCQ and CQ in different cancers, most of them with the rationale to increase the efficacy of other anti-cancer therapies through inhibition of treatment-induced autophagy.
Full Study Results/Conclusion: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

It's great that U.S. President Donald Trump has increased global curiosity and awareness of CQ, and HCQ in particular pertaining to saving lives of those who have Covid-19 .

But unfortunately, (IMO) it appears that these drugs are so inexpensive/cheap, trials designed to discover how they can save lives, never get enough funding to continue, or are squashed quickly, or publicly discredited by powerful entities whose primary goal is $ PROFITS $.

-CareWeMust

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why are you spreading this propaganda? We all know there is no medical use of these drugs./SARC

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Why are you spreading this propaganda? We all know there is no medical use of these drugs./SARC

Looks like Ultra far - right white supremacy to me

(Also sarc)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My father in law has been has been taking Hydroxychloroquine for his rheumatoid arthritis for years. That wouldn’t surprise me if it had some benefit as a cancer treatment.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

(Also sarc)

Only if it does'nt work on minorities.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Got any information on the actual trials? Other than claiming they don't exist?

More than 30 clinical studies are currently evaluating HCQ and CQ in different cancers, most of them with the rationale to increase the efficacy of other anti-cancer therapies through inhibition of treatment-induced autophagy. The first clinical trials with CQ and HCQ have focused on the toxicity of different CQ doses in multiple populations and new trials should now focus on rigorous evaluation of efficacy.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

edit on 8/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

But unfortunately, (IMO) it appears that these drugs are so inexpensive/cheap

I'm not familiar of the red-tape surrounding this drug. I'd assume it's due to concerns it may have had on heart rate, other organs, in other tests, and the FDA probably sits on the side of caution. Possibly? The other explanation is that they could be a corrupt government body owned by Big Pharma.

Regardless, I'm a fairly strong believer in the idea that it's you body, if you are an adult and wish to take something against medical advice because you feel it will help or whatever, it should be your right, plain and simple. Your body, your domain. While I'm of the firm belief from studies that HCQ has little to no effect in treating against COVID19, I haven't read much in the way of it having a high rate of harm. Those that suffered from ingesting this drug in these studies appeared to have been serious cases in the first place, some with co-mobilities.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

What part of publishing this on a publically accessible and highly accredited website, is "squashing" this information?

Did you also notice that they described some negative effects in the 'Toxicity" section, as well as the positive ones. The decision to use these drugs, has to be balanced against their downsides.

The variable results in many papers indicates that these aren't some magic panacea for all, but they are effective in some cases.

In some cases, they cause blindness, diabetic hypo's, lukemia, tendon and muscle weakness, lung disease and heart failure.

So, being adult about it, yes, they do warrant some investigation and may become a standard addition to treatment if the results indicate it. However, it might not, especially if the safe dose turns out to be ineffective.

(post by Breakthestreak removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

This all reminds me of the commercials I see for one type of drug or the other that lists all kinds of possible side effects..
Sometimes it sounds like the side effects are worse than the disease.

The dangers of these particular drugs seem to be exaggerated more than covid.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Here's a randomized, double blinded study. Published in 2019

Treatment with single-agent chloroquine 500 mg daily in the preoperative setting was not associated with any significant effects on breast cancer cellular proliferation. It was, however, associated with toxicity that may affect its broader use in oncology.

link.springer.com...

Contrary to the claims of the OP, there is quite a lot of study on the topic. Current and ongoing.
Cancer

edit on 8/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You should wear a mask because if there’s even the slightest chance it helps, it’s worth it

You can’t have hydroxychloriquine because there’s only a small chance that it helps

Leftists are pathetic

How many people die of heart attack, or go blind, due to mask wearing?

You can also remove a mask if it causes the slightest discomfort.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
There's no 'also' about it.

I guess you folks hear what you want to hear but even Trump's testing czar said today, "The evidence just doesn't show hydroxychloroquine is effective, for now."

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 3sixand9

It’s like all those people that claim marijuana cures everything....

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Sheesh, why take a potentially addictive drug that can cause heart problems when all you need to cure cancer is baking soda and molasses, it probably cures covid as well.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The dangers of these particular drugs seem to be exaggerated more than covid.

From what I've read, the deaths and losses from ingestion of this drug have only come from those participants either deep in sickness already, or with pre-existing conditions related to heart failure etc. So I kind of agree with you from what's read. I'm firm it's not an effective drug, but I don't think it's all that harmful to just take? That's what I know so far? So take it. Let the people buy it freely and openly. I'll continue to question falsehoods about it, but I back your right to take it.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You're right. Screw science! (LOL)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

(Also sarc)

Yeah...the study was conducted while bad Orange man was U.S. President.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
My father in law has been has been taking Hydroxychloroquine for his rheumatoid arthritis for years. That wouldn’t surprise me if it had some benefit as a cancer treatment.

Can't wait to see what else HCQ and CQ are useful for treating. President Trump sent out a Tweet this morning regarding a break-through that will significantly reduce drug prices in the USA.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Got any information on the actual trials? Other than claiming they don't exist?

More than 30 clinical studies are currently evaluating HCQ and CQ in different cancers, most of them with the rationale to increase the efficacy of other anti-cancer therapies through inhibition of treatment-induced autophagy. The first clinical trials with CQ and HCQ have focused on the toxicity of different CQ doses in multiple populations and new trials should now focus on rigorous evaluation of efficacy.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

No. Just reporting what was shared with me today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join