It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secession of states from The Union post-2020 Presidential Election?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: Freeborn

When the succession starts, the shooting starts.

Good luck anti-gun commies.

You're going to need it.

How exactly do you identify the anti-gun commies you want to shoot?

It's pretty easy to identify them in the scenario we are talking about.

They will be the ones supporting secession.

Texans, they supported secession. I'm a born and raised Texan, you gonna shoot me.

www.dallasnews.com... s/
edit on 3-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I'm your Huckleberry.

I like that you picked a drunken and bloated actor to compare yourself to.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

"Supported". Past tense.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not just blaming Trump; the divisions have been there for a while. Those divisions have worsened and become entrenched during Trump's Presidency.
I'm not that blinkered in thinking that Trump alone is responsible for that....but he sure as hell has contributed enormously to it.

The general consensus seems to be that there will be no imminent break up of the United States but I think its fair to say those divisions are going to take a lot of healing and to be honest with you I don't see anyone capable of fixing those rifts that go to the very core of American life.

I fear things are only going to get worse before they get better.

But cheer up, you're not alone.....we over here face exactly the same problems.
Dealing with COVID-19 was a temporary papering over of the cracks......that's all starting to go tits up and I suspect there'll be some hard times ahead and I feel it'll be quite fractious.

edit on 3/8/20 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The division you talk about started when Gore lost the election. Prior to that, it was typical healthy back and forth. But when Gore lost the election, Bush become Satan. The internet gave a great opportunity to spread that hate, and it spread quickly among younger people.

To me, its all the Clintons. That is where it started. Trump has not driven division, except by merely daring to exist in the oval office. The nonsense that people talk about...that isn't going to drive division. Driving division is what Obama did when he criticized the police every chance he got to fan the flames of angst in the urban US. The most you get in that regard from Trump is a demand for civil order given to cities that seem intent on allowing secessionist banana republics to crop up within them.

If the media, and their viewers, put half as much effort into understanding what Trump is saying, instead of finding ways to lose their minds over what he says, we would likely be seeing continued economic growth right now.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

.....the selective removal of certain people to a fun filled an action packed location........and this would necessitate a fairly high concentration of them in these all inclusive compounds until we can work out a solution to the problem.

Not a final one I trust?

Who chooses who should get a one way ticket to these all-inclusive holiday 'compounds'?
But I suppose as long as the all-inclusive package wasn't limited to local brands and Sky Sports was available I guess it wouldn't be too bad.....

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

The US was/is synonymous with freedom many decades after the Civil War.

But not free enough to leave if they want?

Or be a damn, pinko commie bastard.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Not a final one I trust?

Oh, certainly, as soon as we can think of one that comes close to permanently solving the wingnut problem for Greater America.

Who chooses who should get a one way ticket to these all-inclusive holiday 'compounds'?

I do, of course, and some of my bestest buds. We're all keeping the purely moderate, anyone tainted with leftist or rightist ideology will be found to be impure sub-humans.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Take Lincon for instance, the Man had a clause in his will where the slaves he owned would not even be free upon his death but had to wait until his wife's demise to attain there liberty.

Here you are posting as if you know what you are talking about. What nonsense! Lincoln did not own any slaves. Now I know what you did, but you still look stupid.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Because Democrats accepted the 2016 election.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

My bad seem to have confused George Washington with Abraham Lincoln.

Apologies.

However, Washington was a major slaveholder, before, during, and after, his presidency.

And what is said about the will and release of slaves, pending the death of his widow, is indeed true.

There are 18 past POTUS who owned slaves whilst slavery was legal in the US from its beginning as a nation.

As to Lincoln's position on the matter, he did say "I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races".

Going on to say that he opposed blacks having the right to vote, to serve on juries, to hold office and to intermarry with whites. (Charleston, Illinois, September 18, 1858.)

Far as i can determine Lincoln didn’t believe black people should have the same rights as white people.
edit on 3-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How many democratic states have thus far broke away from the USA since Trump was elected to office?

None at the last count.

The Democrats seem to be accepting whatever amounts to democracy just fine.

Trumps the one going on about how nobody likes him and how the up and coming election will be completely unfair.

He's the one toying with the idea of not accepting the will of the people should there will turn out not be to his own liking imho.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

How many "not my President"?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
In the context of Trump and division; with this I give the Democrats 75% of the blame and Trump 25%. The Democrats started their BS before he was even in office and haven’t let up once. Trump is Trump, there is nothing about him that has surprised me during his presidency. Anyone can tell you that if you pick on someone with an larger-than-usual ego, they’re going to fight back. It’s the biggest playground fight in the world.

The Dems have been involved in politics much longer than Trump, who is a temporary employee. This is part of the reason I gave them 75%. If Trump were a career politician, I would have went with a 50/50 split.

At some part in our lives, we have to work with people we don’t like. I certainly do. I have a 3-man team as my staff, 2 of them get along well, but both despise the 3rd. Occasionally they have to work together and every time, I’ll get the “Andrew, do you think I can do this with Freddy instead? You know I don’t really like to work with Jean.”, to which I reply “Well, you don’t get paid to like things, you get paid to fix things.”

If our politicians were regular employees, the overwhelming majority would have been fired for stupid sh!t by now. In this case, I believe their shenanigans were dangerous at best and anti-USA at worst.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

How many democratic states have thus far broke away from the USA since Trump was elected to office?

None at the last count.

Trumps the one going on about how nobody likes him and how the up and coming election will be completely unfair.

He's the one toying with the idea of not accepting the will of the people should there will turn out not be to his own liking imho.

Dude, I’m not even a Trump supporter but “The Democrats seem to be accepting whatever amounts to democracy just fine” is complete horseshIt. The entire last 3.5 years they’ve focused 95% of their time going after Trump.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Well when they don't have any confidence regarding the Man in office, what do you expect them to do?

Just sit there and let him be King Trump.

My understanding is that's not how the senate nor democratic process operates in the USA.

And it's not like the man in question is short of supplying them with the ammunition to do just that.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I dont understand the question.

How many "not my President" what?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I have no idea how you don't understand. It's the Democrat mantra.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Possibly because im not a Democrat nor a Republican.

I still don't understand the query nor mantra.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

None at the last count.

Dude, I’m not even a Trump supporter but “The Democrats seem to be accepting whatever amounts to democracy just fine” is complete horseshIt. The entire last 3.5 years they’ve focused 95% of their time going after Trump.

What do you expect when every morning trumps tweets shows the nation what a fool he is. You sound like a trump supporter to me.

thehill.com...
edit on 3-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join