It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abusive Dishonest Snob Ben Goldsmith Under Police Investigation For Illegal Rewilding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I call him abusive because of this.

The youngest son of the late billionaire Sir James Goldsmith was arrested by police for hitting his wife . . .
www.independent.co.uk...

I call him dishonest because of this.

Ben Goldsmith is facing calls to step down from the board of the Department of the Environment after it emerged police are investigating allegations over the release of deer and wild boar around his farm.

A Daily Mail investigation has revealed that the red deer escaped from Mr Goldsmith’s farm due to inadequate fencing.

The financier claimed on several occasions that he had hired professionals who rounded up almost all of the deer, which reassured local farmers and horse breeders.

But he allowed the deer to remain in the area, and fabricated pictures to fool locals. He admitted this week that what he told neighbours was a ‘lie’, saying: ‘I was bullsh***ing, and I am deeply sorry.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

I put Mr Goldsmith’s model of occasions to Ben Horne, the Exmoor farmer who offered him the deer. Mr Horne described it as ‘b***ocks’, including: ‘You can draw your own conclusions about who contacted who, and how far in advance it was arranged.’

I then obtained a WhatsApp message Goldsmith despatched to a neighbour on April 12, the day after the deer arrived.

In it, he stated the supply was half of a pre-planned bid to introduce a inhabitants of purple deer. He additionally wrote that 32, reasonably than 22, had been launched.

‘Red deer back in south Somerset after a very long absence,’ Goldsmith gleefully advised the neighbour. ‘20 pregnant hinds, 12 mixed-sex yearlings, and two stags coming end of the month . . . it’s a collaboration with the homeowners of the massive woods on the ridge, the [Duke of] Somerset property, and Longleat.’

An accompanying video, now within the palms of Avon and Somerset police, reveals 13 hinds being launched into woodland. Goldsmith seems to have filmed it himself.

When I put the contents of that message to Goldsmith, he advised me: ‘I must have been lying to my neighbour. It was an exciting thing to do at the beginning of lockdown and I am afraid it just got out of hand.’

‘In the ten years I have been here, I have never owned a wild boar or been responsible for the release or escape of any wild boar. I am categorically sure of that, because doing it deliberately would be illegal.’

Strangely, nonetheless, I used to be then handed a textual content message that Goldsmith despatched to a neighbour on April 26. It learn: ‘Do you remember about ten years ago some of my wild boar got loose and try as I might I was unable to retrieve them? We didn’t know one another then, however I do know you have been aggravated about it. I’m so sorry about that. Do you ever see them these days?’

When I requested Goldsmith to clarify this, he stated: ‘I have no idea why I wrote the words “wild boar” in that message. It was a mistake. Some pigs escaped in around 2009, but they were Tamworths or Tamworth crosses. I must have been typing on my phone while driving or something and accidentally written “wild boar” instead of pig.’
www.worldnewj.com...

I have sympathy for the loss of his daughter in a quad-bike crash.

Ben Goldsmith and his family have been left "completely devastated" by the death of his 15-year-old daughter, who has been killed in an off-road vehicle accident on the family's farm in Somerset. The teenager was the heiress to two of Britain's most powerful dynasties – the Goldsmith and the Rothschild families
www.hellomagazine.com...

This hasn't put him off using quads for intimidation purposes.

There were certainly no signs of any wild boar when the Mail’s photographer and I walked along the public footpath that crosses through the estate this week.

But that was perhaps because we were followed at close quarters by one of Goldsmith’s estate workers on a very noisy quad bike.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now he is being investigated by police and other agencies for his apparent crimes.

Claims that Defra director Ben Goldsmith, a strong advocate of rewilding, released deer and wild boar around his farm in Somerset, are being investigated by the police.

Mr Goldsmith, brother of Defra Minister Zac Goldsmith, a leading proponent of Defra’s green agenda was appointed a non-executive board member at Defra in 2018 and has been a driving force behind Defra’s greem agenda.
www.pig-world.co.uk...

I have previously without evidence accused the Rothschilds of being behind big cat releases in Britain. Now evidence is emerging of Goldsmith involvement in illegal, fanciful and highly anti-social animal releases.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This guy sounds like a real tool. Great post btw s&f!

Hopefully he will face actual justice but I have a feeling his wealth and family name might get him off on a fake "technicality" especially if you have corrupt judges and prosecutors.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
What entitled douche.

Send him to face BLM.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
What entitled douche.

Send him to face BLM.

They'll give all the 'wildin he can handle

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Great post. You always have your finger on the pulse when it come to your environment.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Im not sure i see the issue. Deer in particular.

Jist looked out my window amd counted 30 some odd white tail deer wandering in mine and the neighbors yard. The fawns are growing fast, spits are almost gone. I know reds are larger, but still...

Whats the issue? Do Brits just not hunt or something?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Sounds like y’all need to legalize AR-15’s over there and have some fun dispatching those wild boar.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
you cant hunt in the kings kingdom without paying the tax

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have no idea who this person is. Did they seriously censor the word bollocks? Man British people are weird.
a reply to: Kester

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Fun AND delicious. The most efficient way to turn acorns into food.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Sounds like y’all need to legalize AR-15’s over there and have some fun dispatching those wild boar.

AR-15's are legal over here (just not full auto or plus sized magazines as far as I'm aware) and so is hunting boar (at least 800 a year need to be culled to keep population in check as they have no natural ppredators - 'official' government figures for the number of wild boar in the UK are less than a quarter of the reported known wild boar in various forrests) fun, tasty and you get paid good money for it.

Deer are a big nuisance in stopping forrest growth and general destruction due to over-population in areas. They're legal to hunt with guns (though night hunting requires a liscence) as long as the gun is powerfull enough to ensure a quick, as painless as possible kill (1700 pound muzzle force and upwards).

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: TexasTruth

Fun AND delicious. The most efficient way to turn acorns into food.

Not to mention cute like Bambi. God I love "Bambi meat".

"Here little deer. Don't run away little deer, I won't hurt you!" Booo Ha Ha Ha Ha, So Yummy!

I don't know but it seems that the Brits are too up tight about the whole deal if they these species were natural for the environment. Of course they should have gone through the official channels, but I doubt they'd do more than take your money, if that. You guys need a British version of Ted Nugent, wack'em and stack'em.
edit on 4-8-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

join