It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is FCD?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
I understand the terms differently.
They are not claiming exclusive copyright.
They are only preventing US from claiming exclusive coyright. That is, meaning that you cannot prevent them from displaying and editing your material or even, I suppose, publishing it in a book.
BUT they claim no right to prevent you republishing it yourself.
So before you go- please come back.

With one early exception, my threads were saved before I posted them. However, it would be easy enough (given the time) to copy-paste elsewhere anything else among my postings.

17) Rights In Posted Materials: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyrights to any materials you Post and furthermore, you grant TAN non-exclusive, non-revocable worldwide, royalty-free rights to copy, distribute, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, and publicly perform the materials in perpetuity in all forms. This license applies to all works of authorship including, but not limited to, written materials (e.g., text), audio, audio-visual materials, graphics, and images (including, but not limited to, graphics and images used as avatars). You also grant all third parties the right to copy, distribute, display, reproduces, and publicly perform the materials you post under the terms of the Creative Commons License. TAN has the authority to decide to display your postings or not, and you grant TAN the right to modify your posts, remove offensive material, modify your post title to accurately reflect content, remove vulgar comments, remove insults, or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, all at our discretion.

edit on 2-8-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Since then I spend some time studying the T&C's, in detail. Everything I ever wrote here is apparently their property, and I have no claim to it.

That's not exactly true FCD. I had the same question ten years ago and actually got a reply from Springer.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:25 PM reply to post by Mike Stivic

You're free to do whatever you want with your original content.

Springer...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I quickly pulled and copied all the best of mine...and they accurately went back 10 years.

I was able to see site records of my 1st post and thread 10 years ago going forward. Guess I was lucky...

In the copyright world...you're mistaken.

You..me...will always be the original creator....always, and it's always the visited site(s) that can do with it what they do or don't want do once we post.

I've never known a posted originator...to ever not be able to post and repost and address...items created by themselves.

It's a trade-off. This has been the case since my 1st copyright in1976....

You know where to find me FCD...

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Here's an addendum to what I mentioned last night:

A reply in a thread about copyright, from yeahright.

You always own every bit of everything you post here and can do whatever you want with any of it.

So can ATS.
[...]

And another, by William.

And from Springer:

That's 100% INCORRECT if it's your own content. You are free to make as much money as you can off any content you post on this site, so are we. Where you're getting confused is that nobody else but you and us is allowed to.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Got it. I was mistaken.

I understand now.

Thank you for the correction.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Just go to your OP in your profile, select the print option and print to PDF to your computer.

In my world, one of my great-great grand kids is going to find the "FCD" folder on my network and be able to browse through a plethora of amazing recipes from someone they will never know but wish they would have.

I've saved a lot of stuff here that way in preparation for the Purge.

Wish you luck, brother that I never had.

Although I personally think you will be fine.

It will be the ones that can't feed themselves that will go away first.

I cannot find this feature !

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

when you print and a window pops up. You have to change THE PRINTER to "print to file" or something like that.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

originally posted by: Lumenari

Just go to your OP in your profile, select the print option and print to PDF to your computer.

In my world, one of my great-great grand kids is going to find the "FCD" folder on my network and be able to browse through a plethora of amazing recipes from someone they will never know but wish they would have.

I've saved a lot of stuff here that way in preparation for the Purge.

Wish you luck, brother that I never had.

Although I personally think you will be fine.

It will be the ones that can't feed themselves that will go away first.

I cannot find this feature !

As I understand it, you have to do this with each individual thread, since there is no print option from the profile page itself. There is, however, a print icon at the top of every thread, wherein one can either print or save the thread as a PDF to one's computer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join