It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is FCD?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So, where is FCD?

Back a few months ago ATS management announced ATS was dying, going out of business. I understand/understood.

Since then I spend some time studying the T&C's, in detail. Everything I ever wrote here is apparently their property, and I have no claim to it. That's too bad, because I wrote some good stuff. Oh well. But, now as the site comes to an end, those T&C's become more real, because I have no way to recover those things. None of them.

So when this website disappears, which I hope it never does, it will vanish with all the stuff I wrote...and I didn't save all that stuff.

So, is it epic novel stuff? No, but it's not zero stuff. Maybe it's worth nothing to nobody. That's fine. However, maybe some of it is...and so it goes.

So, why is FCD gone? Well, it should be obvious. What else is there for me to say here? I mean, seriously?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Bummer, I thought you were still working on saving it and were too busy to post.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You have almost one thousand threads. I'm sure there is an application or program available that can crawl your specific threads and automatically save them in folders on your pc.

Don't be so quick to believe ATS is going anywhere. Sometimes the real puppet masters just have to give a little scare when too much information gets posted about the string pullers.

This site will magically be here next year too.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I hear you bud. I didn't do any epic writing here, but folks like yourself, as well as the sheer variety of topics we've all gotten to discuss leaves a gaping hole.

With nowhere for us all to move to, I fear many of us will lose that solitary outlet.

These days are grim, but there's no reason we can't find somewhere to reconnect. Hell, look at the multitudes that had to open new accounts due to banning/ self lockouts/ etc...

If this place can't stay online, we'll all have to find a new way to harass one another.

And if I dont hear from you again, or anyone else-

You will be missed. All of you.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
One day, one thousand years from now, ATS, and me, will be a distant memory. There will be nothing left.

What will remain is whatever good we did in our lives, the people we helped; this will be our legacy.

The bad will not matter. It will be forgotten...for us, anyway.

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
members use this place like it is facebook what do you expect? the Cry(ie) Whine('s) dont want to read your stuff.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Everything I ever wrote here is apparently their property, and I have no claim to it.

Wrong, you retain copyright for everything you have written. ATS just has the right to *use* it, but they don't own it.

There are a few threads about that, including Mod comments, so I'll try to dig them up.

Back up all your stuff.

BTW. Miss your contribs.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Just something i always post when appropriate.

Children Of Tomorrow

Children of tomorrow
I apologize to you
On behalf of those in my time
For the things we didn't do
We didn't stop the tyrants
So your fate could be prevented
We watched them steal our freedom
By our silence we consented
We didn't choose to circumvent
The doom you've not escaped
While the Bill of Rights was murdered
And the Constitution raped
Some of us were lazy
Others too afraid
To think about our children
The ones we have betrayed
I guess we were too busy
To be concerned or care
To try to ease the burden
Of the chains we made you wear
We could have been good shepherds
When the wolf got in the fold
But we watched the flame of freedom die instead
And left you cold

I'm sorry we were timid
My selfish generation
We left you but a remnant
Of a free and prosperous nation
I'm sorry for our actions
Like cowards we behaved
We could have left you freedom
Instead you are enslaved
Children of tomorrow
Descendants of our land
I'm sorry we allowed this
The fate you now with stand

- Anonymous

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

One day, one thousand years from now, ATS, and me, will be a distant memory. There will be nothing left. What will remain is whatever good we did in our lives, the people we helped; this will be our legacy.

The way I look at it:

Even with my writings and music, few know it, but if it touches one person positively, I'm happy.

In 1000 years, if someone comes across a FCD readout from an obscure place of old called ATS says "Man, that is a kick ass recipe and a damned interesting life!" would it be worth it?

If someone happens upon a song or poem of mine in 100 years and it changes their life (like a song I heard from a band called First Crow to the Moon), at least something I did had an effect on someone, even if one.

While what we do it digital and not "concrete," our words will last...somewhere.

They will study us and we will become the future "library."

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Hello, Lord of the chili foods

Here is my advice for you and anyone who ever posts anything online:

After you hit "Reply" consider all you have just written as "open-source" Free prey.

I am gonna hit "Reply" in half a minute. And after that, anyone can use this post, anywhere, as such. Or twist and turn my words, edit it however they please. By hitting "Reply" i resign from my personal rights to these words, because they are not only in my head anymore.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
ATS has right of publication, shared with the members who authored the material. I know of two past members who published books that were mostly reprints of their posts on ATS.

You are legally free to document, retain, store and publish your own posts.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I feel you.

I'm going to go copy all my old threads and as much of my replies as I can before it goes away.
Some of the stuff I wrote here was written in times of great passion.
I've kept a journal since I was a kid I want to keep all the stuff I've ever written.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've spent so much time browsing through old threads. I really like the thread with spooky events that happened to members.

It's going to be a shame to see that kind of thing lost. Too bad the forum content can't be saved to some sort of Wiki for posterity. There is so much amazing content to dig into.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

🍻 to Hope and the power of the collective!!!

Don’t be shy FCD, we all know it’s not in your nature.

Now, I’m feeling incredibly deprived of some good cooking and ranching threads.

Thanks in advance!

No excuses can apply.

Love ya brother!

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Nobody can take away your intellectual property. It's intangible. I don't think this site is going anywhere btw. a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

ATS has right of publication, shared with the members who authored the material. I know of two past members who published books that were mostly reprints of their posts on ATS.

You are legally free to document, retain, store and publish your own posts.

FCD saved from internet oblivion.

Film at 11...

TBH if my posting history were ever officially "reviewed"... I'd spend the rest of my life at a giggle-garage.

The book would be a cult favorite for several months.

edit on 1-8-2020 by madmac5150 because: Yarrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I am not worried about losing the stuff I talked about. If people listened to me and researched what I said, it could help them and that is all I wanted to do. If it all disappears, it does not matter, my job was to share what I learned free of charge. Some day I will be gone or my mind will fade and then I will not be able to help anyone out.

I tend to repeat the most important or relative stuff over and over, some may think I am losing it, but if I think people are not listening to important stuff, I will tend to repeat it....I learned that from trying to inform the daughters, it takes me mentioning things twenty times before they research it and find out it is very relevant to many kinds of health conditions....I hate having to say the same thing over and over. Then they start telling others that they discovered it, including me. I just am happy they finally listened to me so do not complain.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Just go to your OP in your profile, select the print option and print to PDF to your computer.

In my world, one of my great-great grand kids is going to find the "FCD" folder on my network and be able to browse through a plethora of amazing recipes from someone they will never know but wish they would have.

I've saved a lot of stuff here that way in preparation for the Purge.

Wish you luck, brother that I never had.

Although I personally think you will be fine.

It will be the ones that can't feed themselves that will go away first.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

OK.
Shoot.

We have sent PM's.

I'm here to the end.
Nice knowing you all. I hope my pessimism is un founded.
FCD. You would not be remiss in sharing additional recipes as time permits.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Just go to your OP in your profile, select the print option and print to PDF to your computer.

Yes. Good solution.
I think most recent operating systems have that option.
Back in the old days we needed 3rd party printer drivers to do that.

And welcome back. I noticed you back a couple of days ago, but it was in the muddy place and I didn't want to slip in by accident.

<<   2 >>

join