It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Experts warn against wearing masks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Weather Network
When it's too hot and humid, health experts advise against wearing a mask
Some examples are:

On your run
On a bike ride
Walking the dog
Anytime you are able to keep a distance away from others outdoors

Apparently Covid does not transmit in the heat
edit on 1-8-2020 by fernalley because: Losr

edit on 1-8-2020 by fernalley because: Lost

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

Well it actually does transmit in the heat and humidity.
And ya no crap don’t wear a mask when not needed. That is just common sense.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Dr. Theresa Tam
@CPHO_Canada
#FactFriday - Non-medical masks or cloth face coverings can make breathing difficult in high heat & humidity. When outside in a #heatwave, 2m. #PhysicalDistancing is best. Save the mask for indoors when you can’t keep your distance

The same Dr Tam that said masks not necessarily important but now my city is making them mandatory.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Me personally think that when out and in close proximity to others it would be best to wear a mask.
I still have this stupid virus and it’s been more than two weeks and it is no fun. So I wear mine if I absolutely have to go out. I work out at home and no one is allowed over.
I live outside Las Vegas and on Monday I go in for the phase 3 trial of a vaccine.
But most people will be just fine. I already had a compromised immune system.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
My immediate question would be;

What about the millions of health experts that have to wear them all day in hot and human conditions?

Why didn't/don't they get health warnings like this?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

What about the millions of health experts that have to wear them all day in hot and human conditions?

Did you read the bit that says 'non medical masks'?

Dr. Theresa Tam
@CPHO_Canada
#FactFriday - Non-medical masks or cloth face coverings can make breathing difficult in high heat & humidity.

edit on 1-8-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

What about the millions of health experts that have to wear them all day

Surgical masks are meant to be used by SURGEONS in a sterile environment.

They also train themselves constantly not to touch it unless they are putting them on or taking them off.

There is a huge difference between that and some scrub walking around walmart or whatever fooling with it constantly and rebreathing any and all germs in the fibers.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

Did you read the bit that says 'non medical masks'?

Dr. Theresa Tam
@CPHO_Canada
#FactFriday - Non-medical masks or cloth face coverings can make breathing difficult in high heat & humidity.

Dammit, my bad 👍🏼

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I still have this stupid virus and it’s been more than two weeks and it is no fun.

I live outside Las Vegas and on Monday I go in for the phase 3 trial of a vaccine.

Did they give a reason why they were giving you a vaccine if you've already had it for two weeks? That doesn't seem like a viable way to do a clinical trial of a vaccine.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Doesn't seem like a "gotcha" moment to me at all.

For people not living in cities, it only really matters to do what you can when in close proximity to another person When I walk my dog or go for a bike ride, I am easily able to keep my distance from others and have no need for a mask. The grocery store is a different situation that requires a different approach.

I know, it seems complicated.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Thank you for posting... I wish more people cared about the damage masks can do and are doing.

A woman was jogging yesterday morning with a mask on... by the time she came back around, she was walking and had her mask off. Poor thing. I invited her to have a seat and rest for a few minutes, and got her some water. Also let her shower herself a little with the hose (lucky it had a shower nozzle on!). I offered her a ride home, but she felt better after a few minutes and said she'd finish walking. I actually made her promise to walk the rest of the way, and gave her a wet towel to take with her. For some funny reason, she wasn't concerned about getting any Corona cooties from me... I guess that's what happens when the mask you're forced to wear to prevent that is even worse, eh?

And this was a little before 6:00 in the morning.... probably the best time for a run, but it was still over 90°! As I type this at not quite 5:30 a.m., it's already 92°. I think the high yesterday was 114°. By the time the mailman comes around in the late afternoon, after a full day in an open vehicle, he's really dragging. I've talked to him a couple times since he's had to wear masks, and he says he can manage, he's young (maybe mid-30s?). But it's not so easy for some of the older folks or those out-of-shape.

My husband's had to let his guys go early because the masks are just too damn much. Oftentimes, they are working in open buildings with no cooling, or even outside on a new construction site. If they're the only ones on a job site, he doesn't make anyone wear them. If there are other trades, or it's an established site, then they have no choice. And these guys are already starting at 5:00 a.m. so they're done long before the worst heat of the day. But by the time they break for lunch, some are just plumb worn out.

These masks are sheer hell for many people.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This idea of taking precautions to prevent the spread of the virus is considered good because no one wants to get it or infect others. That is a natural reaction to an outbreak of a disease that will do permanent damage to your body and maybe even kill you or someone you love. So most people will go along with the protocols to try and prevent the spread.

But the protocols keep changing, don't wear a mask unless it's an N95 or better, wait - don't wear N95 masks, they don't stop the spread and doctors need them, wait - even though they may not do a thing but harm your health, wear any face cover available, wear a mask in public, wait - don't bother, it could hurt you, just use it in close quarters around others. Use hand sanitizer, it kills the virus really good, wait- hand sanitizer may harm you and it doesn't kill the virus that well anyway so just wash your hands constantly. Wait . . .

The paranoia induced by these changing protocols is likely the reason the infection rate has leveled off or gone down in certain areas. A lot of people are afraid to do anything or go anywhere and self quarantine most of the time, that is probably the only sure way to remain unexposed as much as possible considering the shifting protocols.

So just last night a question came into my mind after hearing a comment made by a local news caster on the local news broadcast. I won't go into what he said that got me thinking about this, but I thought, "Are we, any of us, responsible if we become infected?"

If you are encouraging getting infected, like going to a COVID party to catch it and get it over with, I'd say you got what you ask for if you became seriously ill or even died from it. Other people who believe that the virus is faked or nothing to be concerned with and defiantly ignore any precautions, then you are asking for it too. But if you are trying to follow the protocols to keep safe from the virus and getting infected, who is ultimately to blame if you catch it? You or the person that gave it to you? Are you responsible or is the place of business you had been in to blame because they missed a spot during their disinfecting routines. Are you at fault because the official protocols are doing little to slow the spread of this virus?

Even deeper yet, I firmly believe that this was a virus altered through gain of function studies and it escaped containment at a government laboratory (who cares what government lab). Is that my fault, or your fault? Just like every problem the government creates, they deflect responsibility and make it the problem of the people who are victims of their mistakes.

I conclude that I am not to blame if I get sick, but there is blame to be had at the source of all this.

ETA: I should have made this one a thread. I guess I could but my question is here at any rate.
edit on 1-8-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Surgeons are not likely to be out in the hot sun, walking their dog, playing tennis or jogging in their masks. I suppose they are safer in a climate controlled hospital when standing still. I had to wear one for years doing drywall and, with having chronic sinus infections affecting my breathing, there was no way I could of done much physical movement outside in the heat with a mask on without losing oxygen. Indoors bad enough.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I just made a thread on my last post. Cut and pasted it like the lazy ass I am.

Link to New Thread

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

edit on 1-8-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I still have this stupid virus and it’s been more than two weeks and it is no fun.

Did they give a reason why they were giving you a vaccine if you've already had it for two weeks? That doesn't seem like a viable way to do a clinical trial of a vaccine.

I am still testing positive for it.
Kinda one of those rare cases.
Also with my other health issues they would like to see if it works with me also having other issues.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Well I mean if you actually read the hand sanitizer bottles they usually say straight up on them, helps prevent bacterial infections. Covid is a viral infection.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

If you perform pre-2020 searches, you'll find several studies like this one:

Although the protective mechanisms of respirators (masks) are largely physical and sometimes chemical, wearing respirators come with a host of physiological and psychological burdens.
Source: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Google hides the pre-2020 results, unless you filter out all the 2020 results from your search. It's by design, to hide the truth. With Covid-19, when 90% of U.S. Media tells you to do something, do the opposite.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thatarticle in the link is about respirators not maskes but on the sidebar there is a link to a study from 2010 on masks.

Methods: A surgical mask was worn over an N95 filtering facepiece respirator by 10 healthcare workers for 1 h at each of two work rates. Heart rate, respiratory rate, tidal volume, minute volume, oxygen saturation, transcutaneous carbon dioxide levels and respirator dead space gases were monitored and compared with controls (N95 filtering facepiece respirator without a surgical mask). Subjective perceptions of exertion and comfort were assessed by numerical rating scales.

Results: There were no significant differences in physiological variables between those who used surgical masks and controls. Surgical masks decreased dead space oxygen concentrations of the filtering facepiece respirators at the lesser work rate (P = 0.03) and for filtering facepiece respirators with an exhalation valve at the higher work rate (P = 0.003). Respirator dead space oxygen and carbon dioxide levels were not harmonious with Occupational Safety and Health Administration workplace ambient atmosphere standards. Exertion and comfort scores were not significantly impacted by the surgical mask.

Conclusions: Use of a surgical mask as an outer barrier over N95 filtering facepiece respirators does not significantly impact the physiological burden or perceptions of comfort and exertion by the wearer over that experienced without use of a surgical mask.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think the alcohol in it makes the virus denature.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join