It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Armed Militia's President Knows Nothing At All About Firearms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

you crazy gun nuts! almost as bad as my soccer addiction! although there are guns that make you a cool guy, a swiss army knife for example.
edit on 31-7-2020 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

What makes you support a group of ethnostatists? It's literally the exact same thing as white supremacy. Just as a different flavor.

What in the world do you see in that group worth supporting? Kill whites? Have the federal government give a racial superiority group texas and kick everyone else out so they can have a black only country within our border?

Or are you just someone who tows the line?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

This guy is a complete idiot, and should be socially reprimanded for spreading false and dangerous information.

Do you notice your beloved left isn't to hot and bothered to pull this video
down for it's potentially deadly false information?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I have to laugh at all the tacticool dorkery in the US....sure we can't just go out and buy autos and semi autos in Australia but in a hypothetical situation I'd take a bunch of country Aussies armed with single shot rifles over clowns like this any day.

We have to learn to be marksmen due to our restrictions and not rely on spray, may be a good thing for us in the end.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Even the worst shooter with a semi auto is at a huge advantage over the best shooter with a bolt action. That's why bolt actions are obsolete.

ie:

Also, just because there are a few idiots who don't understand their weapon, doesn't even begin to paint the picture of other people. Like Lucas from Trexarms, he is a civilian, and he can shoot pretty well. Hell, even Keeanu(idkwtf) Reeves is a civilian and can shoot really well. Personally, I could probably out shoot 99% of people on this website, and I'm a civilian.

Long story short, just because you have limitations that you're proud that you can try to work around, doesn't mean we should be so lucky to have your limitations. We will not stand for it. We have too many limitations as it is, what, with the NFA and automatic weapons ban.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Why give them Texas? I'd say give them Illinois they already control Chicago. They would not know what to do with Texas, they would turn it into a 4th world hell hole.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Bolt action is not, is not obsolete.

It happens to be impractical for most of today's shooting, including closer quarters than advanced marksmanship is utilized.

However a bolt action long rifle, will never be obsolete.

If you do a little research and compare semi auto accuracy to that of bolts, they are like stick shifts vs automatic transmission.

There's really no comparative definitions. Like bull pup vs standard mag placement. Completely different systems.

There's no logical situation where bolt action and semi autos would be utilized for the same situations.

We don't snipe with full autos right... point makes it's self.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Obsolete?

Hardly.

So obsolete that the best snipers in the worlds military use 'em. Clear signs that they're obsolete, right?

Yes, I know they use semi-auto rifles, as well. But for pin-point accuracy over a long distance, the obsolete bolt-action is still the go to weapon of choice.

The semi-auto does have the advantage of a quick follow up shot in the event of a miss. Very important at times!!

It might be better to say that each has advantages, and disadvantages. These do tend to cancel each other out, which is why, for the foreseeable future, the bolt action will have a place, right along side the semi-auto.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Hit a buck just below his cheek bone across a gulch. Two hundred yards maybe. 30-30 and no scope. Dropped on the spot. Surprised the hell out of me. Had no intention of taking a second shot.

That was the last deer I killed. Too damned much work.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

My go to hunting rifle is a 1944 Savage 30-30 bolt action rifle with a peep site that I put on it in high school.

I'm good, or used to be, I'm very much out of practice the past few years, with it out to about 200 yards, slightly less.

200 yards is good shooting!!

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
For hunting? Sure bolt action is fine.

Self-defense or shtf? Semi-automatic.

You're living in fantasy land if you think a bolt action is going to serve you better than semi-automatic in most situations. That are you really think you're just going to be laying out on a hill all day hoping to indulge your trigger finger.

Even as far as long range rifles go more and more companies are producing semi-automatics.

Even a dumbass with minimal range time can squeeze off more rounds in a somewhat decent grouping than most people can fire a round, pull bolt back to open chamber and eject spent case, and depending on what rifle. Either physically put in another single bullet by hand and/or push bolt forward to chamber the round to fire another one.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
I saw the video with the ND. What got me is that they were muzzle sweeping people left and right. That couple in St. Louis is getting all of the hassle and they didn't even point their weapons at anybody. Between the clowns pointing lasers and these a$$hats pointing loaded weapons around, I'm surprised that nobody hasn't taken a few of them out. What they are doing is giving people justification to fear for their life. That meets the criteria for self-defense in all 50 States.

You may already know this, but the woman’s pistol was assembled improperly on purpose. It was a prop from a trial they had worked on. Allegedly the firing pin was put in incorrectly. After her arrest the police re-assembled her gun to see if it actually could fire. It did. Last I heard the police were in trouble for tampering with evidence.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Why give them Texas? I'd say give them Illinois they already control Chicago. They would not know what to do with Texas, they would turn it into a 4th world hell hole.

I say we do them one better and give them the biggest state in the union: Alaska. (Sorry burdman)

I guess I’m fine with giving them Hawaii if they would rather go there.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Grand Master?

Lol

The irony there and the lefts objection of the use of Master let alone sounding like some corny kkk rank.

You want Texas?

Hmm you gotta displace all the generations of crazy Texans who will die for that state then what you going to do about the Mexican claim to tx ? They still sour about Santa Anna loosing lulz.

Why should I expect any logic in this day and age everyone lives in their own fantasy world thinking all should bow to their vision until reality bitch slaps them in the face with their own hot lead.

As we say in Texas

COME AND TAKE IT
edit on 1-8-2020 by Lysergic because: More Ar 15s than hands

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Raised by his mama, no men in his home. That's evident just by his demeanor, but he obviously never had a man teach him anything.

👆

That.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Isn't this guy, and his band of doofuses the funniest thing you've ever seen? It just gets better and better with each video I see of them. His videos get 2 thumbs up as far as I'm concerned.....(for comic entertainment, that is.....) And the big kicker about it, its that he believes in his own crap he's spewing about him and his goof troop, like it's so legit or something. If I were a militia leader, I would call them out to an air-soft match first to show them how stupid they are, (They could even bring out their cheap Chinese crap red dots to see how great they really work too.) so they can think about the grave choices they would be about to make if picking a real fight....
I've met squads that would eat that whole chum bucket gaggle alive in about 20 minutes or less. I'm talking about people who really served. I bet there's a handful of former national guard in the whole bunch (pretty sure no combat MOS's in that crew). Maybe a couple former actives. No one who has actually pulled a trigger in service. Maybe in a street beef. How cringy, and embarrassing for them...

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Obviously, it depends upon the situation.

Most situations, it won't really matter. How often are you in situations that require a semi-automatic over a bolt action??

If it's that often, and life threatening...I'd have to say one may want to rethink some life choices.

It also depends upon the bolt action, as well. My old Savage is quick handling, and any bolt action with a Mauser bolt action is going to be quick and smooth.

Read about the "mad minute" (I think that's what they called it...) that the British used with the old Lee-Enfield. In most situations, that's going to be more than enough.

As for anything closer, that's why I have a hand gun, or a knife.

Both have there place, and both are deadly when used that purpose.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Hah, what a moron. He knows nothing about guns that is clear.

Shame because I support the idea of black Americans arming themselves, I just don't support these idiots and the stunts they pull

If they're arming against tyranny but supporting the democratic party, I think they are missing the point. Unless of course the whole idea is to usher in a far left tyrant

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

It is infinitely better. As someone who owns Legal automatic weapons and semi auto weapons I can handily say the automatic firing mode is merely a waste if scarce ammunition

It's almost as bad as the gun I carried most of my law enforcement career. .357 revolver we were supposed to carry .38 lead nose but I carried 357 HP due to the myth of stopping power. We now know stopping power is a myth an that shot placement determines Everything.

Unless you're talking about high energy rifle rounds, cavitation, trauma, etc the energy from a pistol round doesn't have stopping power but the placement of that shot will.

Hitting the CNS is a surefire lights out threat down scenario. Hitting a vital great vessel, heart, etc will also cause rapid incapacitation through shock and eventually blood loss.

But a .357 in the belly or a .38 high center of mass that .38 will win every time

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join