It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another ufo researcher bites the dust

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Tracey is in this one.

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Are you Richard Dolan? It was proven his research is severely lacking to say the least yet you defend him

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NAdgb
Richard dollan has done more for ufology then most ever will,he gets off his back side and puts the work in,easy to slate someone while sat on your couch,his 2014 secret space programme presentation for me was brilliant.

Agreed. Dolans UFOs and the national security state books and his work in publishing other authors is a contribution to this field few can match.

He doesn't have as a big a body of work attacking anyone researching the phenomenon, callig names and taking pot shots as some here on ATS though.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublant
....He doesn't have as a big a body of work attacking anyone researching the phenomenon, callig names and taking pot shots as some here on ATS though.

I listed a series of specific factual flaws I found in Dolan's work, few pages back. Can you identify a single one of those claims that was inaccurate [based on checkable evidence]?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Oh and his bimbo of a wife doesn't help his cause either.

What the heck is the matter with you? Seriously.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PHDIKOULAS

Are you Richard Dolan? It was proven his research is severely lacking to say the least yet you defend him

Please read my posts before you get. Certain people on here are saying he is a fraud and doing this for money. I simply ask them go show me evidence of this, and they cannot.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Oh and his bimbo of a wife doesn't help his cause either.

What the heck is the matter with you? Seriously.

Fanatical debunkers tend to sometime cross the line.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Dolan doesn’t have much of a WIKI page. He has one, but nothing is in it.

I thought he was a historian with a degree, that’s why I wikied him but no info at all

Maybe he went to the same school as Lazar

Dolan has a MA in History from Alfred University. He was a Rhodes Scholar finalist.

I believe he was in Oxford studying Cold war when he got interested in UFOs.
edit on 2-8-2020 by Sublant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

....He doesn't have as a big a body of work attacking anyone researching the phenomenon, callig names and taking pot shots as some here on ATS though.

I listed a series of specific factual flaws I found in Dolan's work, few pages back. Can you identify a single one of those claims that was inaccurate [based on checkable evidence]?

Why are you replying to me?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
From what I can see Dolan just regurgitates old stories, him and other's have become some kind of showbiz act wanting and hoping to take your hard earned cash, there's a group of them that are con artists spreading BS and making ufoligy a laughing stock.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: wobbs62
From what I can see Dolan just regurgitates old stories, him and other's have become some kind of showbiz act wanting and hoping to take your hard earned cash, there's a group of them that are con artists spreading BS and making ufoligy a laughing stock.

Here we go again! Doing it for money? Sigh! This never gets old. If you do not want go buy his books, then don't buy his books. He is not forcing anyone to buy his books.

This is his job full time. Do you think he has a money tree in his garden, so he should be doing all this for free?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
In the Aug. 1, 2020 episode of "The UnXplained," Richard Dolan touts the 1870 picture of a yardstick as the earliest known photo of a UFO, something that has never been explained. It was soundly debunked in 2013.

Is This the Oldest Known UFO Photo? One NH Researcher Finds Out

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
... Certain people on here are saying he is a fraud .... I simply ask them go show me evidence of this, and they cannot.

Did you read ANY of my posts?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

That is besides the point. The issue is that Dolan cannot be trusted. Obviously he is a bad researcher

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublant

No one is calling names or taking potshots as you put it. Evidence have been presented and haven't been refuted. Me,Oberg,Sheaffer,carddown and others have provided facts.

The question remains, at how many mistakes can we safely say a researcher is not worth his salt and is conning people.

Roswell slides, ufos on the moon, villages on the moon, giving lectures to people who are interested and who run afterwards when they realize that half the stuff they were told were lies?

No Dolan is a conman plain and simple. Sad but true

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: Jay-morris
... Certain people on here are saying he is a fraud .... I simply ask them go show me evidence of this, and they cannot.

Did you read ANY of my posts?

As always yes. You posted where he has made mistakes. I have never said I agree with everything he says and has done. My point is, there is no evidence at all that he is doing all this for money, and that's it.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PHDIKOULAS

That is besides the point. The issue is that Dolan cannot be trusted. Obviously he is a bad researcher

He has done some amazing research regarding ufos, that much is pretty obvious if you follow this subject. Will he be trashed by certain people when he messes up? Of course they will.

He is only human, and not a ufo all knowing God. He mskes mistakes like everyone.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

No Dolan is a conman plain and simple. Sad but true

Absolute rubbish!

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This Dolan problem, he verifying phony UFO events, is indicative of the prevalence of nonsense that has overtaken the UFO community’s research output. It can no longer even be called research!
Its Ancient Alien Theorists stuff...
In other words, RANK conjecture at best and outright fraud at worse

Now, the point is this is what the Robertson panel advised the IC to partake in almost seventy years ago:

Tear down the respect and awe that these UFOs have garnered within the general community.

Also, the order to infiltrate the UFO community, in particular, has been a successful op that’s still going on and succeeding.

The Intelligence community has succeeded in making it a ridiculous joke filled with creepy, freaky aliens, warp drive theories, portals, fantasies, and just outright fraud.
And that's a shame.

We should be open to exotic and strange possibilities-- BUT if so, then the proof has to be more valid, not just theoretical conjecture.
edit on 2-8-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublant

Okay, I thought I had heard he was a graduate somewhere. Thanks.

I do not now nor ever thought of Dolan as a fraud.

He's human. And he can be swayed from the objective of right-research, particularly when the field has been cluttered with nonsense deliberately fostered by the US government IC. And he has fallen and made mistakes but I don't believe he's a fraud.

He has some history of good research and hopefully will return to that standard.

edit on 2-8-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join