It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another ufo researcher bites the dust

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Greetings and welcome to the IMSAM show were every week we fight the good fight, Today our guest is Dolan.

Not this Dolan

But this one

At how many mistakes can we safely say someone is a charlatan? Is one enough? Two? Three? This thread was a long time in the making but i always gave Dolan th benefit of a doubt. But i think some things need to be said because there are too many gullible people out there.

Who is Richard Dolan? but the wiki is being too modest. According to him

"Richard Dolan is one of the world’s leading researchers and writers on the subject of UFOs and believes that they constitute the greatest mystery of our time. "

LEt's have a closer look at some of his claims over the years.

1.The roswell slides fiasco

Back in 2015 there was this ufo fair in mexico called BEwitness hosted by Maussan,with "great" researchers like Bragalia,Schmitt,Carey,Maussan and ofcourse Dolan. The subject was an alien dead body found at the Roswell crash of all places.

What was this though? this was the body of a mummified child . Such a shame for poor Dolan who endorsed these as being the real deal. Thanks to googles censorship i cant find the youtube video of him vehemently endorsing and supporting these.

2.That ufo on the moon

All the above video is a mess of epic proportions but lets go to 16:00 mark and listen this

so back in 2005 all right Buzz Aldrin made this crazy statement that the crew of the Apollo 11 mission had seen a UFO on their way to the moon. the next day or the day after that I don't even think it was Buzz I think he had like spokespeople saying oh no these words were taken out of context. Buzz Aldrin did not say such thing and what he actually said I just because if you do a search on Buzz Aldrin UFO Moon today alright you'll get like every single search result is the same the headline there like Washington Post and all the others know Buzz Aldrin didn't see a UFO on the way to the moon they're all like in unison and they often use the same language right so they're obviously yeah they take their up marching orders they get … “

Where to begin with this? Well i won't because our very own Oberg did a fine job of it in his site . Thumbs up Oberg. I won't even go into the moon structures, villages etc. that dolan mentions

3.The wilson leak

"These documents are real,deal with it" Richard Dolan

I won't go into the fact that mj12 was a proven hoax admitted by Cooper himself, but there is also a good possibility that this whole thing could be fabricated by Greer.In this interview with joe rogan back in 2013 Greer mentioned the document but rogan was apparently too fascinated by chimpanzees going into the brass age to notice. Watch the interview from minute 38:15 onwards where greer mentions the wilson leak.

4. Anonymous deathbed confession

BEcause even death cant save you from the powers that be.

Being a serious researcher, having a senile old man anonymously confess something with zero evidence to back anything up, should be enough for us, because Richard Dolan endorses it and he has done the research for you so you must believe him! But i will add insult to injury and use this interview the old man gave to Linda multon howe back in 1998 to see the many discrepancies. Imagine being debunked by moulton howe
Dunno if the old geezer is still alive or laughing from the great beyond

Btw i think the above film had Corbells signature too
Brother 4names you are duped by your associates surely. Or are you duping us? Nah its the former i am sure.

There a couple more things i could post here but i think i am reaching the posts end. Dolan does talk after all alot and as they say in this part of the pond, If you talk too much you are bound to tell a lot of bull#. It seems that either Dolan got dotified ala Howe at some point, or he just saw the money and decided to go for it. He doesnt want disclosure, because if disclosure comes he will be forced to find a real job and god forbid poor richard earns his money the hard way

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

No truthers live to tell.
Try to reveal the Pythagorean Quaternary and its hollow point bullets.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
S&F

He doesnt want disclosure, because if disclosure comes he will be forced to find a real job and god forbid poor richard earns his money the hard way

and he'll have to stop selling his merch...

Disclosure never tasted this good....apparently...

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I had an encounter with an alien once. It scared the hell out of me.

Modern religion sees these things as demonic entities. Western Folklore used to record this phenomenon under Faery lore (see "The Secret Commonwealth of Elves Fauns and Fairies" by Robert Kirkman).

You can read about close encounters where people "astra project" during meditation and encounter beings. I've heard people call these things arcturians, pleiadians, sirians, andromedans, annunaki, and many other names.

Even bigfoot/sasquatch is connected to this phenomenon - look up Les Stroud's encounter with sasquatch and other sasquatch "mind speak" encounters.

There's more to aliens and UFO's than being from outer space. That's the danger with disclosure. It will not only shift the paradigm of the world, but also show the government colluding with things things that are traditionally interpreted as spirits, supernatural, and demonic.

edit on 31-7-2020 by Michigan72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2020 by Michigan72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
You silly OP !!! I thought that Richard Dolan had died. I had to read your whole post looking for his obituary.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Ah no, i meant figuratively for his credibility and reputation. He did start as an honest researcher. Then again they all do

@Diaspar i hope he has a mug saying "The Roswell slides are real"

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
And let's not forget that Dolan won the "Stella Citizen" award last year (presented by LMH, who also won an award for "significant contribution to the field of investigative journalism"....says it all really)

Seriously, who decides these awards?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM

@Diaspar i hope he has a mug saying "The Roswell slides are real"

The only "mugs" are the ones to buying into this BS!!

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Richard dollan has done more for ufology then most ever will,he gets off his back side and puts the work in,easy to slate someone while sat on your couch,his 2014 secret space programme presentation for me was brilliant.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Dolan, howe, maussan all esteemed and respectable researchers. Up there with aesop and mynhauzen

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
When you are financially locked into the UFOtainment market as Dolan is. You are forced to perpetuate UFO mythology. You don't solve any case, you preserve it. You leave out inconvenient facts to create mystery and you conclude that it was very likely aliens.

I suspect Dolan, like so many others, knows that the "disclosure" of alien presence on Earth will never happen. Simply because there is no hard proof and the US Government (why does it always have to be the US government?) does not have much more idea than the public does about what's going on. So he continues to peddle the line.

If the disclosure he calls for ever happened then he'd be rapidly out of work. Like so many of the other grifters in the field.

edit on 31/7/2020 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Oh and his bimbo of a wife doesn't help his cause either.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
When you are financially locked into the UFOtainment market as Dolan is. You are forced to perpetuate UFO mythology. You don't solve any case, you preserve it. You leave out inconvenient facts to create mystery and you conclude that it was very likely aliens....

That may explain a lot. Dolan goes ‘full Hoagland”. Never go “full Hoagland”.

UFOs IN SPACE. What's Going on Up There? Richard Dolan Intelligent Disclosure.
youtu.be...
Streamed live on Apr 2, 2019 50,000 views

How do Dolan's claims about moon alien evidence get reconciled with this testimony:

Edgar Mitchell to UFO convention, at time 10:35 www.youtube.com... “I have had no first-hand experience even in the astronaut program, saw nothing on the moon -- no villages no structures etc, like have been claimed, and have had no UFO experiences myself …except for the fact of meeting all these fine research people, …"

Gordon Cooper didn't hide any NASA space secrets, and on this Russian interview about 60 min in, he describes how he looked over every inch of the Apollo film and saw no sign of any alien activity. www.youtube.com... or youtu.be...

Fair quote of me on astronaut ufos
youtu.be...

DOLAN FALLS FOR A FAKE ‘MOON UFO’ STORY
Dolan transcript 16:02: “ so back in 2005 all right Buzz Aldrin made this crazy statement that the crew of the Apollo 11 mission had seen a UFO on their way to the moon. the next day or the day after that I don't even think it was Buzz I think he had like spokespeople saying oh no these words were taken out of context. Buzz Aldrin did not say such thing and what he actually said I just because if you do a search on Buzz Aldrin UFO Moon today alright you'll get like every single search result is the same the headline there like Washington Post and all the others know Buzz Aldrin didn't see a UFO on the way to the moon they're all like in unison and they often use the same language right so they're obviously yeah they take their up marching orders they get … “

REALITY CHECK” The Apollo-11 mid-flight UFO story is a classic that requires a lot of technical context to properly assess, here's my stab at it == and critical comments are welcome: www.jamesoberg.com...

youtu.be...
DOLAN FALLS FOR A FAKE WHISTLEBLOWER

Dolan transcript 27:45 -- "Johnston is a very interesting guy he's out on this lecture circuit every now and then if you get to meet Ken. … He was manager of data and photo control at NASA, he was trained as an astronaut, there are pictures of him in his NASA spacesuits which we have seen , and it's very interesting that ken is willing to go on the record to say this. This is him being interviewed on one of the documentaries I assume this aired on the History Channel and he just talked about the Apollo 11 moon landing and said that you know we were monitored by extraterrestrials during those Apollo missions and he was very very upfront about he says while Neil and Buzz were on the lunar surface Neil switched to the medical Channel and spoke directly to the chief medical officer saying they're here they're parked on the side of the crater and they're watching us. I'll just mention once again I've mentioned this many times, Timothy Good [the UK British UFO ] has written about this. He had his own totally separate source for this exact same story .”

REALITY CHECK: To judge Johnston's stories you need to calibrate his checkable claims. They all fail that test. He was never manager of ANY Apollo office, he was an electrical technician [with a HS diploma] who worked on lunar module test articles [he wore a spacesuit to test getting into and out of the LM hatch] who was laid off BEFORE the moon landing, was never an 'astronaut' [the famous photo of him helmetless, smiling in the Apollo spacesuit, is a photoshop from the original official portrait of Mike Collins], he was never a pilot of any kind for NASA [he was a Navy flight school dropout], he never had a PhD... lots of other imaginary claims.
Evidence: why I think it’s imprudent to believe such claims without thorough investigation
www.jamesoberg.com...

DOLAN FALLS FOR A BOGUS MYSTERY:
Dolan makes a deep secret mystery about a well-documented, common phenomenon associated with Apollo missions, the visibility of booster components during the outbound leg as they drift along within a few hundred miles of the astronauts.
[video 33:23] This is a alleged transcript of Apollo 12, I don't know how one could ever confirm this unless you get into classified transcripts, I suppose, but this came through a researcher named Don Ratsch, and I don't know what he's up to these days but I know that he was a very active investigator researcher in the 80's and 90's and his specialty was to collect film footage from NASA space flight. So this is kind of what Jeff Challender did in the 90s and 2000's. Well Don Ratsch was doing this little earlier, and he talked about how in 1997 a friend of his arranged for him to meet with someone who said he had worked for NASA during the Apollo space missions. This man requested anonymity, that's not surprising, it is pretty typical, but this is what he told Don Ratsch. During the Apollo missions he was one of the people who sat in front of the consoles monitoring information and he wasn't exactly sure which mission but he thinks it was Apollo 12 … what he believes is he remembers is that one evening during one of the flights things were slow there were not a lot of people around and so he turned into the transmissions being broadcast from the spacecraft on the air-to-ground ground-to-air communication system. They were very [?Monday?] and he said until about 8:30 p.m. when this is what he heard: Apollo: “we have company.” Say again? “I say we have company.” A little bit of silence, and then Houston emphatically “You were told not to make transmissions such as that, put it on the flight recorder and we'll discuss it when you get back” So that's what Ratsch was told.

FACT CHECK: Apollo-12’s discussion of a sighting out the window on the way to the moon has been known about [and misinterpreted about in the UFO literature] since the actual event in November 1969. It is discussed in detail at www.jamesoberg.com...

Here are the actual comments:
Elapsed time 034:50:49, Pete Conrad: We think we have the S-IVB in sight. We've - had a - an object which is in the same place all the time and appears to be tumbling. We've had it ever since yesterday, and it just seems to be tagging along with us, so I guess that's the S-IVB
….. [an hour later]

036:12:07 Carr: Roger, Pete. That thing you saw off the hatch, at a roll of 35 degrees, we figured there's probably three possible answers. Number 1: it could be the S-IVB, or possibly a SLA panel, or it could be the backup crew flying trail on you. •
036:12:24 Conrad: Roger. Actually we have two objects out there. One's not anywhere near as bright as the other, so I think the real bright one's the S-IVB and the other one's probably a SLA panel. They're about 20 degrees apart. And as far as the backup crew goes, tell them we'll meet them on the back side of the moon.
[15 minutes later after long discussion on candidate explanations] ]
036:27:33 [continued next post]
edit on 31-7-2020 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
[continued]

[15 minutes later after long discussion on candidate explanations] ]
036:27:33 Gordon: Okay. We'll assume it's friendly anyway, okay?
Afterwards, when Pete Conrad was asked about the crew spotting a UFO, he explained: “They've been after me for years because we were followed by a UFO on the way to the moon. That, of course, was untrue. The guy who came up with it was going by our transcript where we saw debris from our own rocket and we were joking with the ground crew about it. He took this out of context... I called the ground and said, 'Hey, gang, we're being followed, there's some flashing object out there.' Some scandal sheet took that and made a helluva story out of it. But it was nothing like anything I was connected with.”

Booster and panels drifting along with the spacecraft were observed on many Apollo missions outbound, by the crews and by telescopes on Earth. There never was anything mysterious, or secret, about this.

DOLAN FALLS FOR A FAKE WHISTLEBLOWER AGAIN
Dolan cites a guy named Maurice Chatelain as a “NASA whistleblower” who revealed UFO secrets that he learned while being “chief of space communications”. Video at 31:46 “This is Maurice Chatelain and he was a manager at NASA was a communication systems, chief…. a man of definite qualifications. And he also stated, and on Apollo 11, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin reported two UFOs on the rim of a crater. And Maurice Chatelain, he says all Apollo and Gemini flights were followed both at a distance and sometimes quite closely by space vehicles of extraterrestrial origin. They inform Mission Control who then said you will not say a word about it. Let's see if I have a quote by Chatelain in here. Yes, he says the encounter of Apollo 11, he says, was common knowledge in NASA but nobody talked about it until now. “

REALITY CHECK: But Chatelain, supposedly 'chief of NASA Communications', was actually only a contractor radio technician in California who was fired years before the Apollo-11 mission, who never even set foot in Mission Control in Houston -- that's all just made-up claims from book-selling UFO authors. He’s most famous for his book on ‘Ancient Aliens’. The Apollo-11 UFO stories he told in later years can be traced back to already-published UFO newsletters and magazines – they are NOT ‘independent confirmation’ of them.

ULTIMATE REALITY CHECK: The very-widespread “UFOs on crater rim” story can be traced directly back to wild misinterpretations of an authentic Apollo-11 astronaut comment. This is a delicious example of delusional gossip attaining apparent ‘confirmation’ by imply being exaggerated and repeated by UFO buffs all over the world, as detailed here. www.jamesoberg.com...

IN CLOSING -- So just now examine the Dolan conclusion -- at 67:19 : "when you have astronaut after astronaut and one former NASA high-level insider after another after another after another saying the same thing you really have to ask yourself ok these are not just individual people making yet another unrelated mistake there's obviously something going on here and there is a culture where secrecy is ordered to those people who have access to this information and they're just not allowed to talk about it " REALITY CHECK: What you have instead looks more like story after story dreamed up and exaggerated year by year to sell tabloid newspaper and UFO club newsletters and books and website hits.... Stories aimed at a credulous eager-believer audience of enthusiasts who should have been more astute in verifying stuff that was too much fun to risk actually validating. And you have people retelling these stories with dramatic elaborations as well as strategic omissions - such as the X-15 story of the pilot seeing something thirty feet away WITHOUT mentioning he also described it as about the size of his hand, tumbling in the near-vacuum at the edge of space. Why do you suppose THAT particular item of eyewitness testimony was withheld from the target audience?

VERDICT: Dolan’s treatment of the ‘astronaut UFO stories’ is not consistent with his reputation for careful, trustworthy scholarship.

CLOSING EXAMPLE: Dolan: “I think that Wally Schirra, he was an astronaut aboard Mercury 8, was the first of the astronauts to use the code Santa Claus to indicate the presence of flying saucers next to space capsules. So again, very interesting stuff.”

FACT CHECK: Twice, during spaceflights in the Christmas season, playful and exultant astronauts made Christmas references. On Gemini-6 in December 1965, notorious jokester Wally Schirra pranked Mission Control with a transmission that the Gemini was being approached by a mystery object in polar orbit that was trying to signal them – and then the two astronauts broke into an impromptu instrumental [harmonica and bells] rendition of ‘jingle bells’. To try to portray that as a deliberate code-talk about a UFO sighting is just silly. On Christmas Eve in 1968, the Apollo-8 crew had just completed the do-or-die rocket maneuver to return to Earth [and not slowly die, stranded in lunar orbit] and as they came round the back side and restored radio communications, Jim Lovell exultantly announced, “Be advised there IS a Santa Claus.” To try to portray that as secretly announcing a UFO sighting is even more silly.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thanks James, looks like Dolan has a rich history of supporting anything and everything for a shiney penny. Was not aware of some of those you posted though i can't say i am surprised. You only need to claim you are a leading researcher and no one will ask you with what credentials, and dolan does it successfully

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Don't you see the pattern?
Its called ritual mocking by revealing the truth then destroying the reputation of the whistle-blower.
Implant one fallacy and the truth is wrote off.

But you have been told. Rinse and repeat.

Why do many of worlds most powerful men have wifes over 6 foot with adams apples, is the sort of questions you should ask yourself.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Or he could be right on everything and the cabal put a lit on it.
Just a almost all background information on Bob disappeared

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Well, when it comes to Dolan,
I believe Neil Degrass Tyson said it best;
People can believe in anything they want...
Just dont put them in charge of anything important.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82 now that is a great quote and oh so true!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

Yeah, NDT was addressing Flat Earthers with that one lol.
And so damn true.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join