It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should you men work on getting first, second, and last in life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: Claymation213

Focus on what you can give/contribute to the world, not what you can "get." The rest will follow.

No thanks, too many men have been fooled by words like that from those who believe they are "the world".

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

... a woman you can trust... HA!

the rest falls into place... and a wife isn't necessary

thats just legal sh!t you shouldn't have to deal with

LOL! My husband was just telling me an hour ago how thankful he is that he can trust me... so much so that he knows he takes it for granted. And he's thankful that I let him! (The opposite of me "letting him" is me demanding that he actually takes some responsibility for bills and finances, etc... but he's happy to worry about earning the money and letting me worry about how it's spent).

The conversation only came about because one of the guys at work just found out his wife has been taking advantage of all the CoVid "holidays" to not pay monthly bills... and it's about to catch up with them. My husband knows I've been paying the bills -- no "holidays" for us!)

But we both know that a trustworthy spouse isn't necessarily the norm and certainly isn't the rule. Which is darn sad.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I don't want any of those things.

I don't have or want a car. never have.

We don't own our homes. Not when we have to pay taxes and the government can legally take them from us. No point in paying 30 year mortgages. I'm happier sleeping outside anyway. Our modern way of building and house design is a waste.

Never understood why people care about marriage. if I like someone and they like me we hang out together. No religion or government needs to be involved.

My happiness comes from nature and good conversations.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

A real man should work on not caring about any of that. A person isn’t defined by what house they have, what car they have, or who they’re with.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
A person isn’t defined by what house they have, what car they have, or who they’re with.

Only people who don't have a hot wife, an exotic car and mansion say stuff like that.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

A real man should work on not caring about any of that. A person isn’t defined by what house they have, what car they have, or who they’re with.

There's nothing wrong with having a house, a car, or a wife. Don't act like you're not a "real man" for wanting any of those things. Stop being bitter and telling yourself things that make you feel better.
I have a car. I also would like to have a wife and our own house someday. You'll never convince me I'm not a "real man" for wanting that. Deal with it.
edit on 7/31/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Get car.
Get house.
Find healthy woman with good good birthing hips.
Render her subservient with pregnancy to produce your heirs.
Make her take a job.
Hire a hot young housekeeper to take care of your brood and make you sandwiches.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reacharounds?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Work on yourself.

The stuff you listed is stuff.

Men need to work on their integrity, work ethic and attend to responsibilities.

A man should work to be the most qualified man possible.

Culture and educate yourself. Learn martial arts/weapons training, and be physically fit. Learn financial literacy/responsibility. Be a leader in your community. Excel at work and always give it your best effort.

Learn humility. Spend time with your friends/family in a way that is engaging for them and you. Be a positive influence in the lives of others.

That's what men should do. Falling short of that is the reason this country is faltering. Too many men who believe they are entitled to more than they put in and that responsibility can be outsourced.

All the # on that list won't last long without a solid foundation made of the above.
edit on 7 31 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Don't act like you're not a "real man" for wanting any of those things. Stop being bitter and telling yourself things that make you feel better.

I said nothing about wanting those things, I said a person shouldn’t define themselves by them. Stop looking for things to make you feel offended.
edit on 31-7-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
1. Work at getting things done right.
2. Work at fixing any mistakes.
3. Work at keep on working on.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, normally, an realistically, A is nature's way for most human mating rituals. Since it proves that the male has fiercely gained some territory when he courts the female back to his nest an ready to mate. And that he has a strong back that has yet to be broken yet, unlike the other options an their current bank statements, especially when the place needs a womans touch.

Although, most males have almost met their doom or narrowly survived through the other options. Ironically though, she cant take any thing from those other scenario that A has, since the male hasnt fiercely gained those requirements for mating and hasnt been six months yet, even though he mated.

edit on 31-7-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

Cars are also a terrible investment btw.
edit on 31-7-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Whore yourself at every chance you get.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I said nothing about wanting those things, I said a person shouldn’t define themselves by them. Stop looking for things to make you feel offended.

Your exact words were

A real man should work on not caring about any of that.

I will care about having a car and a house and a wife, because I want to be responsible for myself, and someday have a healthy marriage and family and contribute to those... Whether you like it or not.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra
Find the wife first. If she's the right woman, everything else will be easy. She will give you the strength and support to do almost anything.

The caveat "if she is the right one" cause your tastes your wants and needs change over a lifetime. Not only yours hers as well.

Which to me

You find your car
You find your career
You get a house
Then find a wife if you want one

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

"by the time you could afford it the car ain't important"
- dj premier (classic)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Whatta thread!

i'm not sure whats wrong with having a

house to live
other human to do various activities
car to travel fast

"work on yourself" what the actual f00k

like AM said, only people without hot wife and all the jazz would talk otherwise lol

naysayers must be people without kids. nor sexy wife. and with bicycle wielding a tent.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

i love the song!!!

Timeless. So age don't count in the booth, when your flow stays submerged in the fountain of youth

edit on 07America/Chicago77America/Chicago702 by menneni because: (no reason given)

edit on 07America/Chicago77America/Chicago705 by menneni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: menneni

If you follow my "work on yourself" formula as described above those things come with the package.

Being a fat POS slob who does the absolute bare minimum doesn't deserve to be successful. They deserve what they get.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm not sure what to make of that?

"absolute bare minimum" ?

whats that?

Tell me, you have the wife? Kids? House to raise the kids?

not saying i disagree with the notion work on yourself, but at the same time, not fully agreeing its the pre-setting.
edit on 07America/Chicago77America/Chicago710 by menneni because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join