It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon state troopers start duty at federal courthouse ahead of Portland protests Thursday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlysyn

So let's not conflate them. Or their motivations.
M'kay?

The violent ones have their own agenda. Which may well be to cast doubt on the motives of the protestors. To create division where there seemed to be a consensus developing.

Unity bad.
Division good.

edit on 7/30/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

M'kay?

The violent ones have their own agenda. Which may well be to cast doubt on the motives of the protestors. To create division where there seemed to be a consensus developing.

Unity bad.
Division good.

When you are a protestor within an area where a riot is declared and you remain, you are no longer a protestor but part of a riot. See how that works?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

When you are a protestor within an area where a riot is declared and you remain, you are no longer a protestor but part of a riot.

Speaking from personal experience, you are incorrect.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't understand why they HAVE been allowing it, for months!

The ANTIFA candidate for Portland mayor is giving the current mayor a run for his money.

oregoncatalyst.com...

He wants her voters. If people have to die for him to win them over, so be it. (Liberals...sigh)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

M'kay?

Unity bad.
Division good.

There was reporter stabbed by a know antifa member, who says he has been doxx and informed of his movement. The perp is being held on 2nd degree felony assult.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Good.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

There was reporter stabbed by a know antifa member, who says he has been doxx and informed of his movement. The perp is being held on 2nd degree felony assult.

So, justice has been served? Good. I've seen several reporters shoved, assaulted, tear-gassed by cops. I wonder if they're being held on felony assault charges too?

I hope so because, if not, it would suggest cops are above the law. It would suggest that maybe, just maybe, the American justice system is a little, um, let's say lenient when it comes to LEO's. Maybe someone ought to start a protest or something.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

M'kay?

Unity bad.
Division good.

Why aren't the protesters helping the cops bust the people that are hurting their peaceful protests?

You know, unity good.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Why aren't the protesters helping the cops bust the people that are hurting their peaceful protests?

Have you ever been involved in such a situation? I have.

No, I'm not going to "help" the cops. Even if they aren't wearing combat gear.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes, I have in fact. Why do you ask?

Please explain why you think it matters.

All you have to do to understand what is going on here is spend a few hours watching random live feeds. I am not talking about MSM here.

The protesters are shoulder to shoulder with the rioters. I know they can provide intel that could help shut the riots down.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

All you have to do to understand what is going on here is spend a few hours watching random live feeds.

I have better things to do, actually.

I know they can provide intel that could help shut the riots down.
And they aren't providing that intel?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

No, I'm not going to "help" the cops. Even if they aren't wearing combat gear.

Unity bad.
Division good.

So "violent ones" good. Cops bad.

I see where you are coming from now.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

So, justice has been served? Good. I've seen several reporters shoved, assaulted, tear-gassed by cops. I wonder if they're being held on felony assault charges too?

I hope so because, if not, it would suggest cops are above the law. It would suggest that maybe, just maybe, the American justice system is a little, um, let's say lenient when it comes to LEO's. Maybe someone ought to start a protest or something.

Just because you have a camera does not provide any protection.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

So "violent ones" good. Cops bad.

I didn't say that. By a long shot.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

No, I was reading between the lines.

You would not help the cops stop this.

You seem indifferent with the rioters.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

On scene, what would you expect someone to do? Jump into the middle of it?
If I recognized someone doing violence, I would report it. Absolutely.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

No, I was reading between the lines.

You seem indifferent with the rioters.

The difference between a rioter and a protester is that the protester is looking for a rock to throw, the rioter has already found one.

(post by Phage removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

To create division where there seemed to be a consensus developing.

...a consensus to behave like goddamned animals over the death of a worthless predatory felon. Sounds like they're just overflowing with good choices and big brain energy, yet again. How many of the BLM "champions" have turned out to be good people worthy of mourning, or who's lives even mattered since this crap started a decade ago? I'll give them the Taylor woman in Louisville... but aside from her I'm hard pressed to find any who's lives mattered or who's deaths deserve mourning beyond that of their families (and in some cases even that's questionable... Rayshart Brooks was out of prison for having beaten his own children to a felonious degree, so I'd be sort of surprised if they really missed "daddy") the jacking giant in Ferguson was robbing stores and tried to assault the officer who responded to the robbery report... I'm having a real tough time finding any horses the BLM wagon hitched itself to that are actually capable of pulling a load.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Rayshart Brooks was out of prison

So shoot him.
Right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join