It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon state troopers start duty at federal courthouse ahead of Portland protests Thursday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Oregon State Police took on the high-profile assignment to provide security at the courthouse after the Trump administration this month sent more than 100 federal officers to guard the building, leading to larger crowds of thousands protesting their presence and widespread condemnation by city and state officials and members of Congress.

Gov. Kate Brown brokered a deal with Trump officials to start withdrawing the federal officers, often dressed in camouflage and responding to fires, fireworks and incursions at the fence with tear gas, pepper spray and riot-control munitions. They have also swept the blocks around the courthouse.

The aggressive tactics have prompted a cluster lawsuits objecting to serious injuries they have caused and questioning the authority of the officers to move far off federal property to push people back and make arrests.

The full and accurate title of the story is Changing of the guard: Oregon state troopers start duty at federal courthouse in Portland. Quiet so far.

So the riots end tonight?

State troopers are going to be so much better than federal LE?

Well, lets see if it makes any difference.

There usually isn't much turn out on Thursday night anyway. May have to wait till the weekend to see if the changing of the guard has any effect on the protests/riots.

ETA - So quite in Portland, there is no live stream right now.

edit on 30-7-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Jul 30 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: titile edit to source title

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Arm the troopers with live ammo, the protests will end instantly. And no, I am not even remotely kidding or being hyperbolic. It's past time for this foolish horse# to either end or be ended, period. "but peaceful protesters..." eff 'em! Consort with whores and you will be considered a whoremonger. When the violence started from those among the "peaceful protesters" they logically and rightly entered a situation in which they had to choose whether to wisely separate themselves from those violent criminals and take the high road or continue to copulate with the filth on the low road, running the risk of getting thrown out with the rest of the trash. From where I stand, they all now look like yesterday's garbage and need cleaned off the streets of Portland, Seattle, and anywhere else where the trash is found to be amassing.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Agree 100%. The minute you damage property and especially federal property it becomes terrorism. You have to enforce the laws at some point.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I think most of them are getting paid, to protest and to riot.

Bullets are not needed. Only little, tiny waves. If the feds leaving don't work. They have to break out the active denial systems, I hope.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I cannot understand why the state or the feds won't allow the PEOPLE the FREEDOM to burn down property, loot, and murder.

God DAMN them!

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I think most of them are getting paid, to protest and to riot.

Protest, nope.
Riot, by whom?
edit on 7/30/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't understand why they HAVE been allowing it, for months!

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't understand why they HAVE been allowing it, for months!

They did it to destroy business and innovation because the Covid scare was wearing thin.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It's not night yet in Portland, the freaks come out at night

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

You need so called storm troopers to put down the brown shirt rioters.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

by whom

Who knows? Take your pick. Many different organizations and countries I suspect, are involved.

If it was not being backed by TPTB. The riots would have been stopped a long time ago, IMO.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Have you had any experience with protest v. riot?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Have you had any experience with protest v. riot?

Not sure what protest V is. Was that the fifth protest?

No I have never rioted, you?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Are you saying these are protest or riots?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Funny that I've been saying it's time for law enforcement to switch to live rounds for a while now, and the responses I tend to get from the triggered left is "nobody needs to die!" The sad thing is, they don't seem to realize it's the only way to put a stop to this. These rioters aren't the type of people willing to die for a cause, so when the lead starts flying, their going to run back to their mommy's basements. There was even a thread posted with a video of several of these clowns banding together to bring mommy to "protest" for them one night.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

There are protestors.
And there are violent instigators.

The two are not the same. I have experienced both. Their motives are not the same. Conflating them only promotes the agenda of the instigators. Is that your intent?

edit on 7/30/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Can you call the violent instigators rioters?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Yes.
And I have done so.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

And what we are seeing in Portland is not protestors. Protestors don't throw molotov cocktails or IEDs at federal buildings. They also don't aim laser pointers at the eyes of LEOs.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlysyn

And what we are seeing in Portland is not protestors. Protestors don't throw molotov cocktails or IEDs at federal buildings. They also don't aim laser pointers at the eyes of LEOs.

What do protestors do?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join