It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump suggests delay to 2020 US presidential election

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Plenty of food for thought there.

To be honest I struggle to get past his constant trolling, his inability to think before he speaks, his foot-in-mouth episodes, his complete lack of regard or respect for anyone with even a slightly opposing viewpoint or perspective, his lack of civility and his arrogance along with his infantile demeanour that brings the position of POTUS into disrepute on such a regular basis.

I still suspect that his priority is to further the agenda of established elites - same as the vast majortiy of politicians - but maybe he is introducing some legislation that benefits the working people of the USA.....something it seems I need to look into.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

After voting for President Trump in 2016 and staunchly defending him in conservative publications, a Federalist Society leader appears to be having some very public buyer's remorse.

Steven Calabresi, co-founder of the powerful conservative legal organization, is now calling on the House of Representatives to do again what it has already done once this year: impeach Trump.

In a scathing opinion piece in The New York Times published online Thursday, the Northwestern University law professor points to what ignited his newfound ire with the president: a tweet Trump sent out shortly after news broke Thursday morning that the U.S. economy had suffered its biggest recorded contraction ever last quarter.

Citing Election Delay Tweet, Influential Trump Ally Now Demands His Re-Impeachment - npr.org

It sounds like buyers remorse is starting to set in for a lot of Republicans (e.g. 'Really American', 'Lincoln Project', 'RepublicanVotersAgainstTrump', etc) and now the co-founder of the Federalist Society calling for his re-impeachment.

"Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats' assertion that President Trump is a fascist," the conservative legal scholar wrote. "But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president's immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate." - Steven Calabresi, co-founder of the Federalist Society

edit on 1-8-2020 by 3sixand9 because: added quote

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3sixand9

It sounds like buyers remorse is starting to set in for a lot of Republicans (e.g. 'Really American', 'Lincoln Project', 'RepublicanVotersAgainstTrump', etc) and now the co-founder of the Federalist Society calling for his re-impeachment.

The Lincoln Project is a grift by never Trumper neocons.

I love that the leftists and neocons are in bed with each other.

A tweet isn't an impeachable offense.
edit on 8 1 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I still suspect that his priority is to further the agenda of established elites

How?

He tried to stop Afghanistan and the congress critters put the kybosh on that.

Nearly everything he has done that is good for the country had republican and democrat hands in it that are against it.

If you witness bipartisanship at all it is to keep the gravy train going.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I think Clinton raping girls with Epstein on his island does more to bring disrepute to the Office than anything oafish that Trump could say. But I suppose that's a matter of perspective.

I didn't vote for Trump because I thought he was anything other than a billionaire playboy. I voted for him because he can get things done. I took a chance and I'm happy for it.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I think Clinton raping girls with Epstein on his island does more to bring disrepute to the Office than anything oafish that Trump could say. But I suppose that's a matter of perspective.

I didn't vote for Trump because I thought he was anything other than a billionaire playboy. I voted for him because he can get things done. I took a chance and I'm happy for it.

There is a difference between what we know now about Clinton and what we knew then. I always said he was a pig that would embarrass everyone that voted for him and they did try to impeach with no luck.

With Trump he is doing all this insane stuff for all to see while in office. That's the difference. When you are sending federal troops into states and calling for the election to be delayed it's gone too far.

And to your other comment... the only thing Trumps got done is to do a bunch of favors for the rich. So how you can decry that in one post but then support Trump when that's all he does makes little sense.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Come on.....he's President of The United States, he gets all the exposure he wants and more.

98% negative coverage (which is a clear indication of political bias) is the exposure he wants?

No, I don't think so.

Perhaps if he was acting more presidential....?

Nonsense. The Second Chance prison reform bill says otherwise.

He didn't sponsor that. it was a bipartisan bill. He just announced he would back it when it comes through. www.foxnews.com...

Deregulation created millions of jobs before covid.

He's deregulated a number of things, but the boost never came up to what he promised: www.usatoday.com...

Also, deregulation has created other problems.

Lowest unemployment in history.

Lowest rate was in 1953. www.davemanuel.com...
And that's only in the past 60 years.

Coupled with protectionist policies like tariffs on Chinese goods. These is a president for the working class.

And the response hit the farmers hardest. Prices were driven up in some sectors. That means things are more expensive, which is great for manufacturers and not great for consumers: www.bbc.com...

Right to try legislation which allows terminally ill patients to get experimental treatments for their ailments.

Trump had no hand in this. His only action was to sign the law. It had been created in 2017 by a Republican lawmaker: en.wikipedia.org...-to-try_law

VA Reform, to me, has been a god send. As a result of that reform I was actually able to get treatment for my combat related injuries in a timely manner outside of the VA system, and paid for by the VA system.

Thank the House and the Senate, who created these bills (there were more than one.) All Trump did was sign it. www.npr.org...

Then there's immigration. Nothing hurts the black community like the constant inflow of illegal alien slave labor. There is nothing more working class than keeping immigration under control so that OUR working poor can actually have a shot.

Illegal alien slave labor does sex work and household work, and there's not millions of jobs in those sectors. Illegal alien non-slave workers usually do farm work (picking crops) or other things that don't require language and other documents and they usually pay worse than minimum wage jobs, which is why these people sleep in "company rooms" with 5 or more roommates.

I don't see many inner city people or struggling workers who really want to drop their McJob and run off to pick
buckets of grapes when they get paid by the bucket daily.sevenfifty.com...

What kind of jobs do you think illegals are getting? They're certainly not taking over teaching, or nursing or medical care, or government jobs or programming, etc.

The Trump administration's (through Ivanka) vocational education initiatives are creating millions of skilled workers across the nation and filling the empty cup that is Americas trades. There's been a shortage of workers in the trades for over a decade, these programs are getting people in the door.

The "Pledge to America's Workers" (www.whitehouse.gov...) seems to be what you're talking about. Companies have signed a pledge last year, yes. But I don't see that they're offering apprenticeships or anything. They also have an advisory board that has a few projects going, but neither Donald nor Ivanka has much to do with them www.cnbc.com...

The Trump administration changed college degree requirements for federal workers. Now experience counts in lieu of education for thousands of federal jobs.

Actually, that is one that Trump *did* do, though the number of applicable jobs is not "thousands." And remember that they're also cutting the Federal workforce.

This has been the most working class friendly president since Theodore Roosevelt.

We disagree. Much of what you cite has been done by Congress and some of it was in the works back in the Obama administration or earlier. And I think that FDR was far more working-class friendly, with the creation of the Civilian Corps that hired soldiers returning from the wars, set up infrastructure projects that improved our country and boosted a failing economy.

Trump's short-sightedness on the pandemic and his inability to listen to agency recommendations means he has badly hurt the economy (compare us to New Zealand, where they actually listened and took action) and continues to hurt the working poor who HAVE to work at high-contact jobs (grocery stores) and who are bearing the consequences.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

He didn't sponsor that. it was a bipartisan bill. He just announced he would back it when it comes through.

And yet:

www.motherjones.com...

He's deregulated a number of things, but the boost never came up to what he promised

It came up significantly.

Lowest rate was in 1953. www.davemanuel.com...
And that's only in the past 60 years.

I stand corrected. I do want to point out they are historic numbers for black and hispanic unemployment. Veteran unemployment numbers were also historically low.

Trump had no hand in this. His only action was to sign the law. It had been created in 2017 by a Republican lawmaker:

Signing something into law is literally having a hand in it. He also championed the legislation prior to it's passage.

And the response hit the farmers hardest. Prices were driven up in some sectors. That means things are more expensive, which is great for manufacturers and not great for consumers: www.bbc.com...

I'll pay more not to give money to a regime placing people in concentration camps.

Slavery isn't a moral argument.

The "Pledge to America's Workers" (www.whitehouse.gov...) seems to be what you're talking about. Companies have signed a pledge last year, yes. But I don't see that they're offering apprenticeships or anything. They also have an advisory board that has a few projects going, but neither Donald nor Ivanka has much to do with them

No. Just setting it up and getting the companies to the table is all. Not much.

We disagree. Much of what you cite has been done by Congress and some of it was in the works back in the Obama administration or earlier. And I think that FDR was far more working-class friendly, with the creation of the Civilian Corps that hired soldiers returning from the wars, set up infrastructure projects that improved our country and boosted a failing economy.

Obama long ago had a chance to do prison reform and opportunity zones and a bunch of other things he could have done to help American working class. He did none of those things.

I have no idea what you're trying to give that guy credit for. He doesn't deserve any. He got a noble peace prize for doubling down on being G.W. Bush with a darker skin tone.

Lastly, you need a lesson on how illegal immigration depresses wages for the working poor in the United States:

cis.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Didn't Trump start saying, 5 months before the 2016 election, that the election was 'already fixed'?
Its literally the exact same playbook from the previous election.

Of course Trump is right, fixed in his favor. Why would any competent US Politician Owner put up one loud mouth named Joe,
over another loud mouth named Donnie?

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It’s most certainly fixed in Trump’s favor - thanks to the terrorist media, the fascist dEmocrats and their disgusting supporters

The rhetoric and actions that have been seen over the last four years have firmly pushed the majority of Americans onto the Trump Train

MASSIVE dEmocrat voter fraud incoming, with MASSIVE voter influence coming from social media giants and the terrorist media - but it won’t be enough

Can’t wait for the reeeeeeeaction from those who believe the lies

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Just now

Karen Bass (dEmocrat) suggests that the USA needs international observers to watch never the election because she doesn’t trust Republicans not to cheat

I bet ten million dollars that 100% of the people who oppose her idea are dEmocrats and leftists

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join