It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump suggests delay to 2020 US presidential election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStormIs there a fundamental difference between absentee voting and just mail in voting?

Trump has indicated and even tweeted that there is nothing wrong with absentee voting, that those Soldiers, Politicians, etc, utilize as there is a process behind it.

Clarify?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Since both parties have failed to deliver a competent leader, candidate or future President for this upcoming election they should basically replace both Biden and Trump with a Rum Ham from Always Sunny and cal it a win for America.

That being said, it's an interesting scenario that Trump is floating.

For his primary demographic it seems totally logical , justified and warranted.
I would think the opposing side sees it as a way for him to control a possible loss.
Hopefully the CT's of the world are thinking the exact same way they would if Obama, Clinton, Bush tried this which is that it seems shady.

link   

originally posted by: Trueman
What if war with China officially starts?

So? We've voted in other wars including a civil one and it went off without issues.

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

IMHO, This is just Donald Trump trying to dominate a news cycle, on the day of John Lewis funeral. President George W Bush, President Clinton and President Barrack Obama will be giving eulogies.

Plus, Herman Cain passed away today.

But hey! Here we are talking about Donald Trump's vain ideocracy!

edit on 30-7-2020 by Sookiechacha because: Not trying to spamwww.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-7-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3sixand9

There have been 1,285 proven cases of voter fraud in the last 20 years after 250,000,000 cases of votes cast by mail.

If 1,285 people died from covid out of 250,000,000 you wouldn't care in the least.

If kids can go back to school after 150,000 deaths , you can vote by mail after 1,285 cases of fraud.

How many votes per case?

There's a lot of fraud out there.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Arnie123

I'm on the fence with this and will see what others think.

One of the reasons is mail in voting.
I have a big problem with that.
If it has been OK for soldiers, AND politicians, etc, it should be OK for everyone.
If there is fraud (which studies show there hasn't been a lot)
Then things should be done to fix it.

This is a good point, if there is fraud the surly the solution is to fix the the loopholes causing the fraud and and tighten up the security regarding postal voting rather than postponing the vote.

this would be a fantastic plan for the 2024 election, but this current one is very, very close. Making any changes right now would be foolish and poorly thought out and executed. This is the US government we are talking about. If you question my concerns, look at what they did to the common gas can then get back to me.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
WE ALREADY HAVE MAIL IN VOTING FOR ANY REASON AT ANY TIME, ITS CALLED ABSENTEE VOTING!

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I sure hope it's not delayed.

The sooner the election, the sooner the Dems & MSM give up the Covid hoax.

link   

a reply to: Arnie123

out of curiosity....

Lets say he said he is gong to postpone it for a year.

What would your thoughts be.
Well, he wouldn't be able to do it, it's one of those things where we both know the limits.

Users on this very thread have indicated as such as well.

Trump does bring up an interesting point and has even sourced evidences that errors and issues happen. The NY election from last year is still counting from that mess, who knows how many fraudulant ones there are.

The Presidential elections need to be in person voting.

link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Covid Hoax???

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

tweeting on such a day should be outlawed. Death to all who tweet today!!!!!

or is that a bit over the top?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ha, restaurant indoor dining is open, people are packing lakeshore beaches, stores are jammed full of the bored folks with nothing to do because they can't get work yet.

If we can have all that despite Dipwhit's bitching about it, then there's no reason or excuse to delay the election, either. Be extremely suspicious of folks who support it, regardless of what party they're in. Nothing good could possibly come of that gem.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Shouldn't we be fixing the voting system right now if that's the case? Why would we need to extend the election date if we can fix it now........

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

How is allowing you to vote by mail and in person "smashing your rights"? It is making it easier to exercise your right.

I would think delaying an election infringes more than allowing an additional way to vote.

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
I'll have to agree, like Augustus said, any delay would see a temp Pelosis POTUS 🤮

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Covid Hoax???

Did I stutter?

Have you not paid attention to the countless threads here with well documented info disproving the media's claims?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So, just to clarify...

UNIVERSAL MAIL IN VOTING vs In Person/Absentee Voting?

Trump is arguing AGAISNT UNIVERSAL MAIL IN VOTING, but has no issue with Absentee Voting.

link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

So 17M global cases with over 600,000 global deaths is a hoax?

What part of it is a hoax, do you mean Covid-19 does not exist because that's what its sounding like?

link   

I know right, freaking COVID hoax, only impacting America.
It's not like any other country around the world had deaths, cases or lockdowns from it. .

MAGA 4 Life!

link   

Did I stutter?

Have you not paid attention to the countless threads here with well documented info disproving the media's claims?

This is why I don't even feel bad when the US death rates get shown every morning. It is addition by subtraction, as they say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join