It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. FAUCI's National Institute of Health - N95 and Surgical Masks Were NOT Effective with H1N1.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I told my husband these mask shamers think they are Super humans Just like Cyclops on Xmen.

They think everytime they remove their masks they are shooting out an invisible death ray...just like Cyclops when he removes his Glasses, only he has a real death ray.

Mask on -death ray contained
Mask off -death ray unleashed....

I laugh. Sorry you just aren't that powerful, neither am I.....And I'm not going to pretend its so.

Millions of things effect us everyday. Bacteria, viruses, Energy Flow etc.

If you wanted to get into a spiritual side Masks are popular in rituals for a reason, they alter your spirit.
Some Good points here.

How Mask Wearing, Hand Washing, “Social Separation” and Lockdowns Are Age-Old Occult Rituals Being Used to Initiate People Into a New Global Order

edit on 30-7-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The virus particles are relatively close in size to one another. I dont wear any cuck mask. I want this virus if I havent already had it so I can be done with it.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is the SECOND time this has come up and both times the OP didn't read or understand what the study says. Don't post what you don't understand cause it then looks like you're simply trying to assassinate Fauci cause you know people aren't going to read the article. Click bait.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
I would be so impressed with that video if we were just dealing with people standing withing 6 feet of someone outside of a building.
But when you are talking about a building full of offices with a central air conditioning system that recycles the air, basically making sure that the air that someone else exhaled within the last few minutes gets back to you several times inside an hour... it is a joke.
How do we know if a sneeze was covered in that video? Sneezes expel particles in excess of 100 mph out of the nose and mouth.
Most of the masks that I see in public, even when worn as correctly as possible, have huge gaps at the nose and cheeks. The masks are a joke.
In April, a co-workers father got COVID, in two weeks, he was dead. He had several co-morbidities. The son was with him in a pickup truck for a long ride the day before he went to the hospital. The man's wife lived with him and slept in the same bed with him. No one else in the family got sick.
If it is such a dangerous virus and so communicable, why the hell do I only know one person that has had it , when I live in what I am told is one of the harder hit counties in PA? WTH didn't anyone else close to him get sick? All this, before we were wearing masks.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Not going to argue the efficy of masks, but as been mentioned sooner or later you are going to get it, masks may help keeping it spread out so it doesn't overwhelm hospitals. Thats about it in my estimation why you may ask.

Because Georgia's Rt rate has been under 1.0 for week the lowest since May 5th, and people have been doing nothing but pissing and moaning about no one is wearing their masks. Not to mention Georgia was one of the earliest if not the earliest to open back up. As mentioned before I wear masks our elderly Mom lives with us , but sooner or later we will likely catch it I think I has it in late April anyway.

FWIW 19 other states are below 1.0 in Rt value the most since I've been watching.Not saying it's over just this is a positive sign from the last 2 months. Especially in supposed "hotzones" like Florida, Texas,New York and Arizona are all under 1.0

Rt, a key measure of how fast the virus is growing. It’s the average number of people who become infected by an infectious person. If Rt is above 1.0, the virus will spread quickly. When Rt is below 1.0, the virus will stop spreading

rt.live...

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
This is the SECOND time this has come up and both times the OP didn't read or understand what the study says.

Then you should set the record straight instead of assassinating OP.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You likely know dozens if not more people that had it. Singapore study that came out last week identified half the population is likely immune to it based on sampling.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
In Pennsylvania, it shows an R-0 of 1.04.
That means that at current rate of transmission, one person will transmit it to 4 one hundredths of a person, right?
Sounds horrifying, pretty sure we are all going to die of COVID within a few days.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: butcherguy

You likely know dozens if not more people that had it. Singapore study that came out last week identified half the population is likely immune to it based on sampling.

Yes, and the study done in Santa Clara, CA months ago showed the same thing.... but it was poo=pooed because we 'can't trust the test results'.
But they expect us to trust test results when they show the disease is spreading in Florida.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I switched to an actual respirator with R95 inserts. I like to go full in just to rub it in their snouts. And it makes me sound like Darth Vader which is always a plus.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Wednesday, July 29, 2020

First, here is a National Institute of Health study summary of N95 and Surgical masks' effectiveness with stopping the inhalation of H1N1 (Swine Flu) viruses.

:

Shhh that's the Secret of NIH.....M...

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: putnam6
In Pennsylvania, it shows an R-0 of 1.04.
That means that at current rate of transmission, one person will transmit it to 4 one hundredths of a person, right?
Sounds horrifying, pretty sure we are all going to die of COVID within a few days.

Exactly my friend the chances are so minuscule it's ridiculous all the measures being out in place. The scare tactics hell we have told our Mom to quit watching the news everything is fine, LOL we do puzzles come up with new recipes for her to cook, it would be hell for her to spend her last years worried 24/7 over nothing.

FWIW we wear masks when we go out not in the house, as much as I don't need any extra drama as anything else. Plus in our work building its mandatory. Nope it's BS we will likely have a small flare-up come fall and winter but eventually, it will be absorbed into just regular minor inconveniences.
edit on 30-7-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

originally posted by: jtma508
This is the SECOND time this has come up and both times the OP didn't read or understand what the study says.

Then you should set the record straight instead of assassinating OP.

Happily... If ANYONE in this thread read the report they would see that it was a study to compare the effectiveness of N95 masks against standard surgical masks to see if the N95 was better. The study found that they were both about the same. NOWHERE did it say masks don't work or are ineffective. Nowhere.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
After the basic surgical type mask, the N95 is the lowest rated mask followed by ffp3, then you're talking full respirator.

but the "valve" has a filter.

edit on 30-7-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Right! If it's that serious and around permanently, which I think it isn't, I'd rather get the disease now while I am youngish and healthy rather than wait til later. I'd wear a mask if it was ebola. I get that ebola isn't contained with masks but I'd be willing to do my best under those circumstance. This is just bogus. I've been in a highly public environment for months and no one knows anyone who is sick. I've still got seasonal allergies and a sinus infection and I'm pretty tired of the judging looks when I sneeze or snuffle. Life is a balancing act at the best of times. Our bodies are daily battlegrounds keeping the balance. Most will win to live another day.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Echo007
Lucky if i put on a cloth mask to make all the Karen's happy. Just watching general public and walmart employee's proves to me masks are pointless. They keep messing with them, they pull them off/on, use the same mask, they only wear them if in public view.

Once you know the actual reasoning for the mask, you will then understand why its helpful.

this may help you understand should you care to watch it

Very well said!

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm not in the at-risk group, I wear a mask.

Why?

Because I don't know if I have it, had it or might be an asymptomatic carrier.

I'd prefer that any fluids from my mouth that may contain it remain in the mask rather than be projected to someone who is "at-risk".

I'm under no illusions that masks will stop a virus dead in its tracks, but I'm also not naive enough to thing that not-wearing one is completely useless if its the case that I'm positive and I let out an almighty sneeze in the direction of someone else.

So why bother at all?

Well, the critical care facilities here are stretched to over 80% right now. If I get hit by a car tomorrow and need to be put in intensive care, it be real nice if there was still equipment, staff and a bed available that might save my life.

No Masks aren't some kind of magic pixie dust that will stop this thing, but they are, in my opinion a necessary buffer to the strains on hospital beds, equipment, staff and healthcare systems in general.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheResidentAlien

I think for the reason you gave, people will be wearing masks for decades to come... Just like many people in Japan and China have done over the past 10 years.

edit on 7/30/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Ok yea, if those are such cool benefits surely you would have already been wearing one your whole adult life until 2020.

Word salad
If ebola becomes airborne, I'm gonna be wandering around in a hazmat suit
I will take precautions based on available data and treatments available.
For now, Covid is some nasty business compared to the common flu with no proven treatment that works great. I do avoid people with the flu when I know they are around, and if I have the flu, I stay at home or wear a mask when out for the occasional store run, and even then I know that I am probably spreading stuff around but I do know mostly it is treatable. When I get older and my immunity isn't as good as it once was, I may start getting the flu shot.

Now, your point is what exactly?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I would be so impressed with that video if we were just dealing with people standing withing 6 feet of someone outside of a building.
But when you are talking about a building full of offices with a central air conditioning system that recycles the air, basically making sure that the air that someone else exhaled within the last few minutes gets back to you several times inside an hour... it is a joke.
How do we know if a sneeze was covered in that video? Sneezes expel particles in excess of 100 mph out of the nose and mouth.
Most of the masks that I see in public, even when worn as correctly as possible, have huge gaps at the nose and cheeks. The masks are a joke.
In April, a co-workers father got COVID, in two weeks, he was dead. He had several co-morbidities. The son was with him in a pickup truck for a long ride the day before he went to the hospital. The man's wife lived with him and slept in the same bed with him. No one else in the family got sick.
If it is such a dangerous virus and so communicable, why the hell do I only know one person that has had it , when I live in what I am told is one of the harder hit counties in PA? WTH didn't anyone else close to him get sick? All this, before we were wearing masks.

Most of the virus isn't just floating around in the air, its trapped in a bunch of mucus. The virus is small enough to be laughable for a common mask (I believe the comparison was using a chain link fence to keep mosquitos out...fitting)...but again, the virus itself is mostly contained in blobs that are stopped by even flimsy masks (not all though, so there are risks with anything short of major surgical grade masks).
So, the mosquito is the size of the virus, the chain link fence is the mask, but the mosquitos are trapped in a basketball, so it sort of works better than nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join