It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS passwords attention

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GEORGETHEGREEK

You could check and see if this returns any hits: haveibeenpwned.com...

You can put in your username instead of an e-mail address.

edit on 29/7/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Sounds like you've been nickel-tipped

🆘

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If it truly was Google Chrome , there should be something under settings like security notifications (?)
Check that .
Firefox has "Protections Dashboard"
And I have never gotten that from ATS on Firefox.
My listing goes back to 2016

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
google chrome will do that periodocaly they want you to use their password protection. I have a third party program i us to store passwords in chrome and it hates it. If you dont want to see it anymore simply let google handle your passwords. I personally dont like the idea of google having access to all my passwords. So i turned it off since I all ready use Norton for my password protection.

This feature was added last year about octber called Password Checkup on your Google Account, where you can conduct a scan of your saved passwords anytime. And now it has evolved to offer warnings as you browse the web in Chrome.

You can control this feature in Chrome Settings under Sync and Google Services.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
So, I just checked my passwords in google chrome, and the page that displays the info(says one password compromised), is the page that has appeared after the warning when logging on to a different site..so? seems legit?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
That's strange you posted this today. I tried to log into an account on my s7 last night and got that same popup. It said chrome had detected that my password has been compromised and suggested I change it immediately.

When I read your post I went straight to login here on ATS and sure enough the same popup came up... Wonder if this is something new sneaking around.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GEORGETHEGREEK
a reply to: Spacespider

Rest assured that my devices are clean.
Moreover I do not have addons.
I would not comment on the issue if I did not understand it.

As such and knowing my wereabouts I am displeased to say that your reply is lacking in the essence of the issue.

I have come accross this in dubious sites before and in my research these sites proved to be immoral beyond low full while a few have been closed by judicial orders.

Moreover Google has been forced to have this mechanism of user safety in public use as many Web pages have not met law and user requirements.

That’s the point of a phishing. To get onto a “clean” computer. You basically give permission to malware to infest your clean computer.
edit on 29-7-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wow, that's really funky message. luckily, I use the original randomly generated password generated by ATS. It was only six characters but was super easy to remember so I just left it.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Where you been? We had https...keep up, huh?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Could you post an image of the message?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I really hope they stay afloat , should this site go it will leave a hole i doubt other websites could fill.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

There has never been evidence that this was not a genuine Google message though Chrome. Rather the opposite.
Well you really didn't provide any evidence, like a screenshot, did you? If you're as technically savvy as you say, I'd expect at least a screenshot of the report from a technical person reporting something like this.

originally posted by: ArMaP

Could you post an image of the message?
An image really should have been posted with the initial report, especially from a user who says he knows tech, then he should also know that to investigate and resolve issues like this requires details, like a screenshot.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well this site is http? Very 90’s..
So I suppose anyone intercepting your traffic as a man in the middle can see the password exchange and possibly password? Unless they have a way of encrypting just the exchange itself.. but if so it’s probably like a 32bit key heh.

My advice is make sure your username and password for ATS is unique and won’t give away any login info you use on other sites.

Cause you know, wireshark is a thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Its a chrome thing. They cross reference your username and password against a bunch of databases of compromised credentials. If you are on a pc and you go to a site where the username input box does not have a name attribute with the value of username or password input does not have a name attribute with a value of password on any form then you can see in the developer console how annoyed they get. Even though the warning is legit i still wouldnt trust them. We are talking about the people who along with google streets decided to map every ssid in the country for every network. They probably scraped all the passwords from your android mobile devices too.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Look. Nobody else is having this issue. It's on your end.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that there you got sucked into a scam....why would Google know your password in the first place or whether you were one of the people who got their password stole. I got a message like that one time and it told me to go into the account right away and change my password. I typed in an account with the user name and password and it tagged something onto the address I typed, so I shut down, ran Ccleaner, and ran the antivirus. It never happened again. I usually look at the address on all sites to make sure it is not going through some third party...I learned fifteen years ago to make sure that the address is correct if typing in passwords or logging in anywhere.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Look. Nobody else is having this issue. It's on your end.

I get it, because one of my passwords was compromised, happens on Chrome, it saves your passwords, unless you opt out.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I get it, because one of my passwords was compromised, happens on Chrome, it saves your passwords, unless you opt out.
That doesn't sound like and ATS issue though and it was reported as an issue with "this site":

I just logged in after a long time away and as soon as I entered my password and proceeded I got a message from Google thats this site has leaked my password and that I should check my entire password collection in my various accounts.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
a reply to: KKLOCO

I really hope they stay afloat , should this site go it will leave a hole i doubt other websites could fill.

Hey...We aint dead just yet!

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: vonclod
That doesn't sound like and ATS issue though and it was reported as an issue with "this site":

I just logged in after a long time away and as soon as I entered my password and proceeded I got a message from Google thats this site has leaked my password and that I should check my entire password collection in my various accounts.

True, my message was not about ATS, but another site. And, because I used that same password on a few sites, I got the same warning when I hit each of those sites. In my case, the message is legit, clicking it, takes you to the chrome password manager.

I don't recall the warning saying anything other than the password corrupted.
edit on 29-7-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join