It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Hanks returning to childhood job to ‘sell’ hot dogs at Oakland A’s games amid MLB season w

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Now, the MLB season is forging ahead with teams placing cardboard cutouts in seats and using old audio to give the illusion of a crowd. To help make things feel more authentic, Hanks is lending his voice to "sell" hot dogs.

His hometown team, the Oakland A’s, announced that fans can not only hear the actor’s voice hawking hot dogs to imaginary patrons, but a cutout of him in a red-and-white striped vest – with what appears to be his high school yearbook photo – can be spotted by eagle-eyed fans who tune into the games on TV.

Tom Hanks returning to childhood job to ‘sell’ hot dogs at Oakland A’s games amid MLB season with no crowds

Anyone else find it odd Woody is selling hotdogs to any empty stadium? I sure do. Me think Play Time over for Wood.

edit on fWednesdayAmerica/Chicago5403699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Isnt Tom Hanks now a citizen of Greece, since last week?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes. And Greece has just classified pedophilia as a disability that qualifies for government entitlements. Hmmmm.🤔

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

Hanks joined the Greek Orthodox Church upon marrying Wilson, who has Greek ancestry, in 1988. The couple owns property on the island of Antiparos and have produced a handful of films about Greek communities, including "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," "Mamma Mia!" and both of the film's sequels.

"Greece is a haven," Hanks told reporters at the 2020 Golden Globe Awards, per CNN. "I've been around the world, I've been to the most beautiful places in the world, none of them tops Greece. The land, the sky, the water, it’s good for the soul, it’s a healing place."

edit on fWednesdayAmerica/Chicago5903699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

Wow, I thought you were full of it. But a quick google search verifies. It happened in 2012.

jonathanturley.org...

Worried about Ghislaine?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: IamAbeliever

Wow, I thought you were full of it. But a quick google search verifies. It happened in 2012.

jonathanturley.org...

Worried about Ghislaine?

National Confederation of Disabled People after it added pedophiles, exhibitionists, and kleptomaniacs to the list of disabled people entitled to state benefits. They have joined pyromaniacs, compulsive gamblers, fetishists and sadomasochists as persons entitled to ask for government assistance.

For example, a pyromaniac or pedophile is now entitled to disability pay up to 35 percent while a diabetic is entitled to only 10 percent disability. Presumably, a diabetic pedophile could received 45 percent disability, so it would be a curious benefit for diabetics to claim an interest in children or fires or both.

As Greece struggles with demands to reduce its bloated state funding, this is not a useful step. In Greece, one out of five workers is a state employee, a whooping 20 percent of the working population. The state is having to cut benefits for citizens. I am all in favor of paying for treatment for pedophiliacs and kleptomaniacs, but should it be treated as a disability? What do you think?

Well I think Tom that the Count was suspiciously good with numbers.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

Good lord. No wonder their economy has been failing for eons.

The real question here is, Is pedophilia treated as a criminal act in Greece?

They may be just getting the disability due to not being able to work from their conviction.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Good lord. No wonder their economy has been failing for eons.

The real question here is, Is pedophilia treated as a criminal act in Greece?

They may be just getting the disability due to not being able to work from their conviction.

All I can find.

Pederasty or paederasty (US: /ˈpɛdəræsti/ or UK: /ˈpiːdəræsti/) is a sexual relationship between an adult man and a pubescent or adolescent boy. The term pederasty is primarily used to refer to historical practices of certain cultures, particularly ancient Greece and ancient Rome.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
According to CIA hotdog was actually code for “male prostitutes”:
Remember pizzagate ?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

First thing that popped up for me. Already in front of the story.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Remember pizzagate ?

Flaunting it in our faces. Seems par for the course.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
That is just so sad. So very, very sad.

It's like an old fat lady who was a highschool prom queen but married a guy who turned out to be an abusive drunk and now she's burned out and overweight and has a bunch of kids she doesn't want and she's trying to put on makeup and a short skirt and look sexy to go out on the town and hook up with a guy like she did when she was young.

Just so very very sad ...

edit on 2020 7 29 by incoserv because: I'm just sad.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Remember pizzagate ?

This visually explosive FBI document reveals the secret symbols organized pedophiles use to recognize each other and is likely to be of broad interest to readers, especially parents. Wikileaks has verified the document.

Symbols
edit on fWednesdayAmerica/Chicago4006699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Now, the MLB season is forging ahead with teams placing cardboard cutouts in seats

Frankly, I'm somewhat surprised and relieved MLB didn't mass produce hundreds of thousands of George Floyd cardboard cutouts and fill their empty stadiums with those in their mad scramble to virtue signal their retardation to the world viewing from home.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Sidenote: I do wonder how many easter eggs can be found in the crowds. Would be a semi amusing game to play to see who they decided to tuck into the crowd to see if they are noticed. I probably wouldn't be very good at the spotting game considering I don't know many hollywood types (not enough TV) but I reckon it will become a thing for awhile.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

Now, the MLB season is forging ahead with teams placing cardboard cutouts in seats and using old audio to give the illusion of a crowd. To help make things feel more authentic, Hanks is lending his voice to "sell" hot dogs.

His hometown team, the Oakland A’s, announced that fans can not only hear the actor’s voice hawking hot dogs to imaginary patrons, but a cutout of him in a red-and-white striped vest – with what appears to be his high school yearbook photo – can be spotted by eagle-eyed fans who tune into the games on TV.

Tom Hanks returning to childhood job to ‘sell’ hot dogs at Oakland A’s games amid MLB season with no crowds

Anyone else find it odd Woody is selling hotdogs to any empty stadium? I sure do. Me think Play Time over for Wood.

lol...lol...lol....Perfect job for a guy named Rock....I mean Hanks.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

lol...lol...lol....Perfect job for a guy named Rock....I mean Hanks.

Not catching the referemce between "Rock" and Hanks. Sonething to do with the SNL running for POTUS skit with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Tom Hanks? Rolling Stone - Hanks/Rock POTUS SNL skit article

Still not clicking though - I feel like ATS is overrun with unexplained, obscure references and undefined acronyms lately. Why, oh why, must a simple post be a mystery so often?

Not intending to pick on you, its just that true mysteries and uncoverings are what used to leave me scratching my head on ATS. Lately its more that so many people assume their own private "inside jokes" and acronyms are common knowledge.

Sorry to run on with it, just an irk that's been getting to me.

As for this thing with Hanks - probably just a straightforward gag-type deal, make a little money for a little recording, Oakland uses it for a bit of attention. Not assigning any meaning to it in the grand scheme of what seems to be Tom Hanks' growing pile of strangeness which seems to indicate his participation in the nefarious goings-on at the highest levels of money, power and Hollywood in the world.

top topics

join