It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus checks for Iphones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What are the odds that the next stimulus check comes right when the new iPhone comes out

All the tax payers money can go directly to Apple.

Does Apple Pay the government brought to get this done?

I thought if this when I saw that the next round of money could come out in September and my first thought was, I will use it in a iPhone. Then I thought....hmmmmm, who else will do this. I bet a lot of people

This is more a tin foil hat conspiracy but I need a break from the usual stuff

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

They pool the money from dead folks who will auto have checks sent, rent small trucks and new cars, and continue their exported riot to cities that will welcome them with compromised leadership.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Rumor is the iPhone 12 wont hit shelves until October, but more likely November. They will announce in September as always, but Covid put a big kink in the electronics supply chain.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

You couldn't have me an iPhone for free, just give it to a junk yard dog for a chew toy. It would serve a better purpose that way.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

A lot of people are just going to blow it.

I know plenty of people who live paycheck to paycheck talking about buying frivolous BS last time, and likely again if another comes. That's why I'm against it. Plus, it's a high interest loan from the government I didn't ask for. I put mine into investments so I can hedge the inflation to come.

Plus, the major corporations got tons of money via other means anyways. This is merely icing on the already fat cake courtesy of the US taxpayers (ironically many of these corps dodge taxes).

Both parties think it's fantastic.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Nope... Not on N Iphone... Ever! Now last check I got.... BAM! As soon as it hit the account it went to pay off the car. If I happen to get another... dent in the credit card. I already was wayyyyyy to frivolous!

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

You get a star just for your avatar!

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Dems and Repubs agreeing enough to vote and pass a bill like this where the divide is so big right before the election to begin with isn't certain.

I'm sure they will eventually but it might not be soon enough for people to receive funds at the end of August. Maybe late September, early October, who knows.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   
At least with an iPhone they can find a job. Most will spend it on drugs, alcohol and parties.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Curious what you invested in... I put mine in the bank, as it isn't big money I didn't think twice on it.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Not how you use an iPhone.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So many potential jokes there...

I don't know what the attraction is to Apple equipment. I have been a techie since the Commodore days and despise Apple and their products. None of my money will ever go to purchase one, or any of their services. They aren't even allowed in my house.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Curious what you invested in... I put mine in the bank, as it isn't big money I didn't think twice on it.

I got put options on the airlines before the drop. Cashed out a little before the bottom... Waited a bit and rode oil up before the OPEC+ meeting a few months back... Switched to Nikola trucks which I loved, but now that I hear the founder talk more it sounds like a scam. Now I've switched to boring ETF's and a bit in Nikola's competitor Hyliion as they IPO via a reverse merger with an SPAC.

I'm working on exiting some of those positions and putting a good chunk towards real estate in case we see some nasty inflation and market turmoil. I just have this feeling that after the election either way, the Fed is going to have to be more hands off and let the market hash itself out... But that's just an intuition on my part, and I wouldn't advise anyone based off of that feeling, especially since I can't back it and am not a professional.

Edit: Bit of caveat, aside from the ETF's, I've been doing extremely high risk plays since I'm young. If someone was looking to go long on something, I wouldn't do the risky stuff. I'd try and find blue chips that still haven't fully recovered. Also, I'm not letting too much cash sit in bank accounts right now. My brokerage offers decent interest on my money if I let it sit in my account their. Precious metals might not see huge returns, but I think it's a smart play if you're worried about instability coming forward.
edit on 29-7-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Only Fans begs to differ.

Sad times we live in.

top topics

join