It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Getting A Gun....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Never heard of a bolt action 12 gauge. Go for a pump, auto’s make me waste bullets bird hunting. AR platform .223/.556 are good for feral hogs. 30-06 is one of the best for big game. .270 or 300 WSM are my other big picks for bigger game.
I have a .270, pump 12&20 gauge, AR 15, and the old 30-30 (rifleman style) for my long arms.
Oh, 410/.22 break over I’ve had since I was about 5 as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Spacespider

It could be argued that the animals are running the MSM and political direction of Australia on behalf of the #in globalists, so old mate OP is right on the money in acquiring a firearms licence, lest Australia become what the globalists have planned for her - Port Arthur was a false flag - #changemymind.

A lot of people question this event en.wikipedia.org... especially the people attending , just another who manages to shoot himself twice in the head

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Wolf are predators in the sense that thy will kill for sport and not for food. Wolfs are not mans friends.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Never heard of a bolt action 12 gauge

Really ?
Nice for hunting .
A buddy of mine will not use anything else.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
this would seem apropos

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

My first fire arm was a 410 over 22 under great little gun, I think my dad traded it for a rugar .22 ten shot with a circular clip which was new at the time. My dad was a gun collector/trader he loved the ornate German drillings.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I grew up with guns. I have mostly guns that I inherited and a shotgun I bought from an old friend of mine about fifty years ago. I have bought some pistols brand new, but only have had one at a time over the years.

It is good that they teach safety and responibility to people who own guns, I have known some people who died from hunting accidents over the year. Make sure that there is nobody behind the deer when you shoot because people are out in the woods around you during hunting season.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Think yourself lucky bud, here in UK we can’t even own an air rifle. We don’t have the issues you currently have with lawlessness and destruction but our threat here is Islam and the left.

I have several bows, crossbows, axes, nail guns, oxyacetylene bottles.

I’m a welder/fabricator/mechanical fitter so I have made hydraulic log cutter that can be adjusted to fire large projectiles, I’ve made shutters for my doors and windows. Under my stairs I have created a steel reinforced Panic room that we use as a food surplus store and keep water/fire extinghuishers etc.

All my kids are trained in use of bows/cross bows and have basic survival skills but my worry is no matter what we have if the time ever comes I.e. democrats regain power, the citizen genociDe will be unstoppable and will be carried out by drones or heavy military.

One thing that does worry me about America right now is the democrats are just one tiny step away from creating the purge. How long will it be until they declare a day of retribution when your blm/Antifa are given permission to enter any home and carry out retribution for what the democrats class as past crimes on humanity.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
Yep, I am booked in to attend the safety test in a fortnights time which is a pre-condition to applying for my long arm license.

Things in my neck of the woods have been in a state of chaos since new years eve. I live in a part of Australia that was heavily affected by the summers bushfires. Before we recovered there was covid lockdowns. Who knows what will be next?

These events have instilled a burning desire in me to become as self reliant as possible and part of this includes becoming a gun owner.

I want to learn to hunt deer, to shoot targets like a pro and know how to load, shoot and service rifles. I find it a hell of a lot of fun shooting targets, loading mags and learning more about them.

In Australia semi-automatic weapons are banned and have been for a long time so I am looking at acquiring a .223, 30-06 And 12 gauge all in straight pull bolt action.

Very excited and keen to start this journey

The 12 gauge makes sense for a number of reasons all by itself.

However, I would question the .223 and 30-06. The biggest game animal in Australia is the water buffalo and personally, I wouldn’t go after one with anything smaller than a .375 H&H. They’re fine shooting rifles—I practiced with one when I thought I was going into Alaskan bear country. However, I wouldn’t buy a .375 on the off chance that I might shoot a buffalo, some day. That being the case, a 30-06 is probably too big for Australian deer. All Australian game the size of a Sambar deer and smaller can easily be taken with a Winchester .270. They are very flat shooting, have no excess recoil and can be downloaded to lower bullet weight for smaller animals. I would start with the 12 gauge and a good .270 and live with that combination for a while. If you really want to take a buffalo, the .270 has been used for that purpose, but you could probably rent a larger caliber for the purpose from an outfitter.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Interesting, thanks for sharing. No water buffalo where I am just sambar, fallow and hog deer. I am not sure but I THINK minimum legal calibre for deer shooting in Victoria is .303 but I may be wrong.

The .223 more so for targets and maybe small pest control ie; rabbits & foxes if I were ever so inclined.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EverythingsWrong

I'm fortunate enough to be in Australia and regional Australia at that - not too much of that stuff to worry about here.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sound advice.

I am currently studying the material for the test and can assure you I plan on being the poster boy for gun safety and correct use of. They deserve a lot of respect in using.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Sound advice.

I am currently studying the material for the test and can assure you I plan on being the poster boy for gun safety and correct use of. They deserve a lot of respect in using.

That's great.

I grew up around guns and had a great father who taught us to respect firearms and made sure we took all the courses and had our hunting license every year since I was 10. Passed it along to my kids as well, my now adult daughter learned too. About two years ago she was alone in her apartment sleeping when some azzhat broke in he stole her purse and iPhone and was about to come into her bedroom when she grabbed her .38 and told him as he was coming in her room. I've got my .38 pointed at the door and I'm about to shoot. He hightailed it out of there, and even though she is decidedly liberal on virtually everything else, when it comes to gun control she is well just like her Dad, now even more so.
edit on 28-7-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Wow, scary stuff but lucky for .38 robber stopper!

I too have a daughter, she is only two and a half but already loves all things outdoors - likes helping me with the firewood, likes camping fishing etc. so when she is a little older if she is interested (which I have no doubt she will be!) I plan on getting her an air rifle.

The way I see guns is another tool of rural areas, akin to knowing how to drive a 4x4, use a chainsaw etc. they just need to be treated a bit more cautiously.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
I was surprised to learn last week that you are allowed semi-autos here in Aus if you're a property owner. I spent the weekend popping away on a mate's cattle farm with a .22 Ruger and a 12 g Benelli. I haven't owned a firearm since John Howard crushed my Valmet Hunter and collection of SKS's but I'm thinking about getting back into it myself.

Yeah you can have full automatic too if you have the right category of license. Didn't know you could have semi-auto's just as a property owner though, what state?

My understanding (atleast in Victoria) is you require a pest controllers license for semi-auto

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
I was surprised to learn last week that you are allowed semi-autos here in Aus if you're a property owner. I spent the weekend popping away on a mate's cattle farm with a .22 Ruger and a 12 g Benelli. I haven't owned a firearm since John Howard crushed my Valmet Hunter and collection of SKS's but I'm thinking about getting back into it myself.

Yeah you can have full automatic too if you have the right category of license. Didn't know you could have semi-auto's just as a property owner though, what state?

My understanding (atleast in Victoria) is you require a pest controllers license for semi-auto

I'm up in Queensland. I'm not sure if it's an acreage thing or if you have to be a primary producer.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Ahhh yep, the primary producer is the part where you can have them for pest control I think. You can't just have an acreage and get one you also need to be a primary producer

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Dad was a policeman,so there were always guns in my house. On my 8th birthday I got a BB gun; on my 12th birthday I got mu own .22. I stuck with that tradition with my own kids, and am now continuing it with grand kids. I'm not necessarily advocating for firearms, but all of my progeny know how to handle a gun safely. I'd rather teach them gun safety myself than have them teach themselves on a street corner when some chowder head hands them a loaded gun. When 5#!t gets real. knowing how to use a firearm is required survival knowledge.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I'm thinking something similar.

Are handguns illegal?

Did you have to buy a locker?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

"Make sure that there is nobody behind the deer when you shoot because people are out in the woods around you during hunting season. "

Well how would you make sure? Yell out to see if anyone's around?.. I can see why people get shot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join