It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to use stats for dummies ;)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The raw data (not easily if at all available generally)

Lets say there 1 case of whatever i want to fear monger or play down last year.

This year there is 11 cases.

So to big it up I run with the headline 'cases of 'x' are up 1000% on last year alone!!'

If I want to play it down I run with ' why the fuss over 10 more cases of 'x' than last year??'

Both factually correct but with very different spins.

The same for decreasing

Last year 100 cases this year 50.

To big it up i run with only 50 less than last year.

To play it down I run 50% drop on last year.

So although it is rare to get hold of the data, you can generally tell which spin is being applied by whether it is a % or number used, whatever the LSM is bleating on about.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

So although it is rare to get hold of the data, you can generally tell which spin is being applied by whether it is a % or number used, whatever the LSM is bleating on about.

Add logarithmic presentation to this list, too. Makes big numbers look small compared to the small numbers, that now look like they have a huge impact, on charts.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Yup. More people should read this. I will give a s&f

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I knew about this but s + f for posting it. You can see this bs daily with the MSM saying stupid crap like "covid cases are up 400% in the county" oohh sounds scary but if you know that is only 4 times the amount then it doesn't sound bad. They will adjust the numbers to fit their narrative. I cant tell you how many people focus on the big scary number without taking a minute to analyze the data.
Thanks for posting, as someone else mentioned, people need to know this stuff and when they do these bs tactics won't work on people anymore. I cant stress enough to people to educate yourselves because the schools won't

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Updated stats--
COVID Vaccinated Death Stats

6968 Total vaccinated deaths Dec 14, 2020 – Aug 23, 2021 source
160 deaths after 2 jabs Dec 14, 2020 – Apr 30, 2021 source
2063 deaths after 2 jabs May 1, 2021 – Aug 23, 2021 source
4745 deaths after 1 jab Dec 14, 2020 – Aug 23, 2021 Source: Math extrapolation (total deaths minus deaths after 2 jabs)

203 COVID-related deaths in USA as of March 19, 2020--the date the USA shut down source

So 203 deaths was enough to shut down our country and release hundreds of child traffickers out of prison, but 6968 deaths isn’t enough to stop the “vaccinations”?

Numbers always make sense; it is the language of absolutes. So, if the narrative isn't following the numbers, lies are being told.

top topics

join