It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for new version of "There's something going on"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Recently, I heard what I think is a genius remake of the song "There's something going on" from Frida, on the radio several times.

Just I cannot find the artist anywhere. I checked all radio playlists, nothing. Wikipedia comes up with a lot of versions, that I all checked. I searched for new versions, zero. I thought it is Kim Wilde but no.

The sound quality is very high, singer voice is warm and bright. It is faster than the original, guitar riffs are more rocky than the original. Has anyone come across a new version of this song and happens to know the artist?

Similar to this, jump to 0:48s, but it is not the 2002 Boomfunk MC version, I know this one from my teens. There is no male rap going on in this new track.

Any idea?

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

There's something going on

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Love that song

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Call the radio station and ask?

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

I checked all the radio stations I hear. They have playlists online where one can look but found nothing. One occasion was in the supermarket though.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Here you go, Co.Ro featuring Talessa, "something's going on"

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

OP

guitar riffs are more rocky than the original

If this is it the OP need to know the difference between a guitar and synths.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

It is none of the above, but I appreciate the time everyone took to go present their version/thought what it could be.

It definite is high quality, studio enhanced but e guitar hard riffs and the female singer add's her own parts ("uh jeaaaaaaaaaahhhhh wOooooOh" "uh jeay there's something goin on") and is exactly the reason why I am interested in more songs from her. She's singing it with soul and faster than the original.

I think "something going on" is used in a different context though. In the boomfunk MC version, it is used to describe that something is going on, a break dance battle in that case.

new topics

top topics

join