It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DP-2147 and the conspiracy of the dead astronomers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Did you see this?

Dimensional Aliens

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

I havent seen this forum post before but ive definitely read those FL blog posts

certainly eye raising

what i find compelling is that object DP 2147 exists as it was published in the google document I linked astronomical observations by that german astronomer

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Topics like these are the reason I come to ATS.

This is off topic to the OP but, I use an AI based system to write my articles. I submitted to the AI the following: Astronomers Study Object Dp-2147

The AI did it's job and gave me exactly 3 sources to cite one of which is this tread but nothing regarding deceased astronomers.

[0]: www.sciencedaily.com...

[1]: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[2]: news.yale.edu...

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There is a Reddit Group that goes by the description:
notes from General Dynamics Advanced Sciences business unit (project: Aquarium Unicode)

Pretty random cryptic posts that's probably disinfo or random musing from a defense contractor that has its hands in space, communications and quantum projects.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
This is entirely speculation based on forgotten languages website
Unless you've got more than that site, and the links it gives, there's not much to discuss about DP-2147, this is the only thing I found in a search for DP-2147 besides your thread and the site you linked to:

STM dp-2147-01 Jacket for Sony Tablets

I tried following some of the links in their bibliography like this one, it has no mention of DP-2147 that I could find:

The search for extraterrestrial artifacts (SETA).

While I was checking out the FL site I decided to try watching one of the videos. It played some music and graphics for a while. Then I saw one that had an interesting title about checkpoints. It played for 1 second, then I got an error which I have never had happen to me in playing thousands of youtube videos, I guess I'm not authorized to know any more than 1 second of the secrets of the universe yet:

I have no idea what that site is about. I had a random thought pop into my head though, have you ever heard of number stations? In the UK it's illegal to listen to them and they just have streams of numbers read over the radio. Now that there's internet, they seem a bit obsolete, so I would suspect there are better alternatives to use the internet. That site is probably not the modern replacement for a numbers station, but the thought popped into my head, what if it was? It's in plain sight, like the numbers stations, and it doesn't make any sense to us in the public, like the numbers stations, but beyond that, I have no idea.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Perhaps all these astronomers who died in traffic accidents should have been looking at the road instead?

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Tagging for further study

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
Why is it illegal to listen to number stations? Never heard of them.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

I just checked out that forum you posted and i must say i read with a skeptical mind but damn it'll take a bit to digest and read the whole thing starting from page 1. I've been on many websites with vast conspiracies and that one is one of the more interesting ones i've seen lately.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Zero evidence bad site, supposed mystery. All the hallmarks of a larp

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlecHolland
I don't think it is illegal in most places, I said it was illegal in the UK, that's the only place I know of where it's illegal but even there I don't see how they can stop people from listening to short wave radios. I don't know any more about why it's illegal than this pdf explains, which will fill you in on them if you're curious:

Conet Project Booklet PDF.

A journalist working on a story for a famous magazine telephoned the DTI (the British Department of Trade and Industry, the FCC of the UK) to ask them for information on Numbers Stations. Two things came out of this inquiry. The DTI representative said the following, (verbatim) These people shouldnt have any interest in Numbers Stations because they shouldnt be listening to them because they are illegal to listen to. The second shocker that came out of this was that after having been exposed for the first time to Numbers Stations in sound and theory, the only question that this journalist could ask was; The DTI say its illegal to listen to Numbers Stations under the provisions of the Wireless and Telegraphy Act; what do you have to say in response?

Incredible: the only thing this person thought was important was that the DTI said it is illegal to listen to shortwave radio! In the face of a 30 year mystery, which has lasted to this very day, that is a world wide phenomenon, that remains unreported, that involves the secret agencies of the most powerful governments ever seen on the face of the earth, and with all the implications of that involvement, in the face of what these stations sound like, the only concern is what do you think of the Wireless and Telegraphy Act. He didnt think that the DTI statement was hilarious or absurd. He took it seriously. Is this a bad dream? Reality check; is not the following the correct action: the journalist would simply ignore the impudent bleating of a civil servant, and concentrate on the true significance of Numbers Stations. Right? What are these people on?

After reading the pdf you might be able to make your own guesses about why it's illegal in the UK, but I doubt that stops anybody who wants to listen from listening, I never heard of anybody getting arrested for listening to numbers stations.

I think there are modern replacements for numbers stations in some cases but they carry risks. If you're using certain encryption with computers in some places that can be either illegal or raise lots of questions and get you investigated as a possible spy, but listening to short wave radio is less incriminating than using an encrypted computer, so that's probably why numbers stations are apparently still used to some extent.

Don't take my comment about the possibility of the FL site having a similar purpose too seriously, it's kind of a long shot idea, but the site is weird and doesn't seem to have a clear purpose that I could determine, which for decades was about the same conclusion people came to about numbers stations, people didn't know what they were for for a long time. Now that the information in that pdf is out, I think the UK admitted they are for communicating with spies, and not for us in the general population to listen to.

edit on 2020729 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PHDIKOULAS
zero evidence , the article on FL talks about object DP2147 and this was then found in a astronomical observations journal from the 1800s

the object they are discussing is clearly very real

that is evidence at least , the thing they are discussing pertains to a real astronomical object

what is even more odd as there arent any other astronomical observations of DP2147 mentioned in any other journals that I can find at least apart from that one in the 1800's

either its disappeared from space or no one looks for it since the 1800's

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Like i said, a big larp. Sure the object is real. The rest is fake. No astronomers vanished or died

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PHDIKOULAS

all four of the astronomers I mentioned died in accidents

3 in motor accidents and one with the dome when the ladder hit a hatch and killed him.

try again

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PHDIKOULAS

Like i said, a big larp. Sure the object is real. The rest is fake. No astronomers vanished or died

Pretty complicated for RPG, learning those languages and everything that goes with it. I remember trying to make-up a secret language with my friends as a teenager. It lasted about two days of arguing, confusion and big headaches.

I'm not going for it being a LARP, I think something much more complicated is afoot.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlecHolland

All I know of numbers stations, I learned from a fictional 2013 movie: The Numbers Station (imdb)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
Did you see this?

Dimensional Aliens

FL is 100% BS

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UltimaRatio1

FL maybe BS

but what about DP 2147 , its mentioned in the astronomical observations I linked from 1827 - 1830
but cant be found in any other astronomical database

and of course the 4 astronomers all died in accidents

dont you think that's at least a little weird

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It's impossible to have a "DENIED" part of the observable sky because there's literally millions of telescopes able to image the area at various levels which are not controlled by any government or institution..

Silly.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: UltimaRatio1

FL maybe BS

but what about DP 2147 , its mentioned in the astronomical observations I linked from 1827 - 1830
but cant be found in any other astronomical database

and of course the 4 astronomers all died in accidents

dont you think that's at least a little weird
You don't need an astronomer, you can look yourself. The Sloan Digital Sky Survey and other efforts have photographed the sky.

DP-2147 was Von Struve's designation, he published his own catalog in 1827 called Catalogus novus stellarum duplicium

So I looked for 2147 in his catalog and it's listed, but it and many other entries are crossed out, I don't know why they are crossed out. Sometimes if you scroll past the table entry pages they are followed by handwritten notes about the stars but I didn't find another entry for 2147. So, this is the (crossed out) entry for 2147 from the link above, about 3/4 of the way down, a lot of scrolling:

Even though 2147 is crossed out, the location is still visible. The next two columns after the name (which is blank for that star which didn't have a name), are the coordinates called declination and Right Ascension,-10.4 and 29.6

So you can go to the NASA page called Can you help me find a star?, which explains how to enter the coordinates in skyview, but read carefully because the entry must be Right Ascension, Declination, so I entered 29.600,-10.400, since their example shows three digits after the decimal, but you can see Von Strove's catalog wasn't that accurate, so I don't see any way to know the coordinates of 2147 any more accurately than von Strove provided his catalog information.

Then you need to select what type of sky image you want, and I selected the Optical: DSS, Digitized Sky Survey, but there are plenty of other options.

So, that image is centered on the coordinates von Struve gave for 2147 in his catalog, and there is a star at the center of the image. But due to the fact von Struve only had one number after the decimal and more accuracy is needed to be sure it's the same, I don't think we can be really sure due to the low accuracy of von Struve's coordinates. But if it's not that one, it might be one of the nearby stars and there are others in that image, so there you have it, you can see it without an astronomer. Now that you've seen it, you will probably die someday, of course you would probably die someday even if you hadn't seen it, LOL. I also predict that other astronomers will die someday, whether they've seen it or not.

originally posted by: ziplock9000

It's impossible to have a "DENIED" part of the observable sky because there's literally millions of telescopes able to image the area at various levels which are not controlled by any government or institution..
And the imagery is on-line. But there's a lot of competition for observing time on some major telescopes, and people are denied observing time for their pet projects on those. Someone has to set the priorities for Hubble for example, it can't look at everything everyone wants. But the FL would need to be specific about who did the denying if that was the case and it's not, so the FL site seems pretty useless to me.

edit on 2020729 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join