It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Exectutive Orders issued by President Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's the problem, these things have been worked out in private and the American people get hosed while swamp creatures line their pockets.

I'll take this change of pace 10 times out of 10.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

That's the problem, these things have been worked out in private and the American people get hosed while swamp creatures line their pockets.

I’m not buying that as an excuse for Trump.

Spinning this as being good for Trump isn’t gonna fly.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

So, they're willing to lower prices BUT "blah blah". Who cares what they oppose. They are a little too accustomed to their pet politicians doing what they're told.
Then they have the audacity to imply this meeting on drug prices would somehow be taking up the valuable time of their vaccine team. Pure BS excuse.

Summit like that to be sure...er, 'years of research' is the usual expression.
However COVID-19 doesn't fit that bill, if this/these lauded vaccine's are something to go by.

In edit, have a read here,
www.ft.com...

And here,
generic drugs,
www.marketwatch.com...

It's like a disco, FFS.

edit on 27-7-2020 by smurfy because: Links.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

So you'd rather these things continue to be done in secret?

We need to pass the bill to find out what's in it?

Stop being stupid.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

In his live announcement last week (not covered by CNN/MSNBC. Only FoxNews), the President put the Pharmaceutical industry on notice. Saying that he has Executive Order #4 ready to implement, if they do not work with him. Gave a deadline of August 20th (i believe). "You don't want me to implement Executive Order #4", President Trump warned big Pharma.

Four days ago,
edition.cnn.com...

You tell porkies.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Stop being stupid.

I can’t twist this as pro Trump

He got publicly shut down.

edit on 27-7-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

It would be shocking if he ever did the pre-work.

“Drugmakers refuse to attend White House meeting after Trump issues executive orders on costs.”

www.google.com...

What is pre-work? The work before you work?

This quote from the article is telling.

A PhRMA spokesperson painted the White House talks as a distraction. "The president’s plan to import policies from socialized health care systems abroad is disrupting our work [on Covid-19 therapies] and diverting our focus away from those life-saving efforts," the spokesperson said. "We remain willing to discuss ways to lower costs for patients at the pharmacy counter. However, we remain steadfastly opposed to policies that would allow foreign governments to set prices for medicines in the United States."

So, they're willing to lower prices BUT "blah blah". Who cares what they oppose. They are a little too accustomed to their pet politicians doing what they're told.

Then they have the audacity to imply this meeting on drug prices would somehow be taking up the valuable time of their vaccine team. Pure BS excuse.

I’m not taking sides.

Other than — this stuff is usually hashed out privately.

It doesn’t make the Pharma look bad IMO. It makes Trump look like he tried to bully them — and they said NO.

I wasn't trying to assign any blame to you. I was just responding to the article. I honestly don't know what you meant by pre-work though.

Too much has been handled too privately for too long and it's time for that to stop. We have politicians getting wealthy in office and they need to be more transparent.

As far as I'm concerned this probably isn't Trump bullying them. This is probably the culmination of many different excuses and many different rejections over time. The EO calls their bluff on wanting to really change. Like everything else in politics it seems everybody benefiting from the largess of the American public is very willing to talk about change but unwilling to actually do it.

How long do we wait for congress to act or big pharma to act or anybody else when it's our money on the line?

If they can create a first of its kind vaccine in a couple months I'm sure they're more than capable of coming up with a plan for lower drug prices, they just don't want to.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Stop being stupid.

He got shut down.

That's not relevant.

It benefits the American people.

Who cares if you think it's pro Trump or not? Pull your head out of your partisan ass.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Three said the drug-pricing discussion was canceled because the major drug lobbies, reeling from Friday’s cluster of executive orders on the topic, refused to send any members.

Did them have hurt feewings ?
Poor babies.

Nail em , Don.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Stop being stupid.

He got shut down.

That's not relevant.

It benefits the American people.

Who cares if you think it's pro Trump or not? Pull your head out of your partisan ass.

“Twist & Shout”

Move the goal posts.

And do not speak to me that way. It makes you look childish.

How is this a win for Trump?

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I hope that the house does not fight this bill. Being it is close to the election, I doubt if the Democrats will try to reverse this unless Trump loses the election. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The article does not say which party gets the most campaign contributions in that article though.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

OK — it’s not personal. My focus is logic.

Trump can’t do his “Big Dog & Pony Show” to fire up his base.

He blew it with Covid.

Secret military police attacking citizens — not going well.

And now Pharma publicly shuts him down.

1 without the others — “slide”. But, accumulation?

How Trumpers can call this a win is like believing in Unicorns.

So, then it gets shifted to: “Its for the people”.

I’m probably not going to say more. I don’t normally do in-depth posts.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

The pharma companies snubbing him means nothing to me. It's evidence that they feel secure enough in their positions to ignore the POTUS. I'm sure they've paid good money to many members of congress for that feeling of security, but it's going to be hard to spin this as Trump being the bad guy for pushing lower drug costs. I can't wait to see what hypocrite liberal AG sues him over the EO.

The other two are unconnected.

As for putting on a show for his base. Do you really think anybody in his base is changing their mind? I don't.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

Sorry....this is a distraction. Big Pharma holds more power and control over our POTUS

Nothing will change.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

1. Trump didn't blow Covid. Who is he, Dear Leader? What can he do that he didn't do without violating his legal limitations of authority?

2. Secret military police? They don't seem so secret when we all know where, how, and why they are operating, and we know the agency. Frankly, somebody needed to nut up and do something to protect the peaceful citizens being victimized out there.

3. Thor's may or may not turn out to be a win, but leave it to a leftist to slam Trump for actually doing something that y'all have been wanting. Who didn't actually do it? Leftist politicians.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I am against Trump on this.
The market should decide pricing.
Not the Govt.
A "captive audience" doesn't really support that in this case. You can charge a dying persons loving family every last coin they have, breaking them, while delivering a therapy, or cure to the their loved one...competition isn't really the "driver" in this case. Particularly with lobbying politicians providing a limited pool of providers until the EO in the OP.

I cant stand the idea of EOs for the most part, but here it was needed to actually create an open marketplace.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Most often it is very difficult for me to applaud Trumps actions so today I would like to thank Big Pharma for offering me an opportunity to give him kudos.

I hate the pharmaceutical industry so much, you have no idea, Terry. Absolute psychopaths who don't give a damn who they injure and kill, as long as they get rich. I'm glad Eisenhower warned us about the military-industrial complex, but I wish someone would have warned us of these bastards as well.
edit on 28-7-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

Sorry....this is a distraction. Big Pharma holds more power and control over our POTUS

Nothing will change.

As do other corporations, they are the reason he is POTUS, he's their mule.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: BlueJacket
I'm old enough to remember when health insurance was not that common, a doctors visit was less than 50 bucks now with insurance they get 100 bucks a visit cause the insurance will cover it.

You got it good. It's $225 for a 20 minute visit where I live which is actually 5 minutes with a nurse and 5 minutes with a doctor. Blood lab work costs about the same. So like $450 per visit. I went off insurance for a little bit and was stuck with the bill. I did have some Obama care but it was like a 2 hour drive to get any kind of care. Not affordable for a simple doctors visit.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Unt Shtar Unt Flagg forr you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join