It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart and other reailers change course on mask policy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Michigan72
Here at Kroger, they're people are required to wear masks to get inside by state law.

...But Kroger doesn't enforce it. They don't even have anyone cleaning grocery karts. I see tons of people walk inside without them.

7-10$ an hour is not worth the future damage to your body by soraying chemicals on carts all day.

Goodbye Covid, hello MRSA epidemic.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

. I've read about three businesses in the past few days that have shut down in my area because of outbreaks in their employees. And, that isnt out of the ordinary. Dont want to wear a mask, fine... but dont start whining when your kids schools end up having to shut down every other week or so.

We have had zero deaths and only a few recovered cases and yet they closed down our restaurants again.
This looks like something very contrived including the numbers.

A Friends Family were told they had to be tested, there was a long line and so they waited hours and decided to leave. They received a paper in the mail that they had all tested positive for COVID! None even too the test. So if the same happened for everyone there those numbers are so off it is a joke!

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   
We all know the Waltons are voting for Trump and he's got there back ok "JOBS".

As soon as they pass legislation that prevents losers from suing because they claim Walmart gave them the plandemic - the whole thing will implode because nont a single buisness wants to go broke playing mommy and daddy to a bunch of mericans - especially in the Texas Walmarts which creates an inconsistent policy which opens the door for lawsuits.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Wear your damn masks and quit whinging about it, and soon you'll be allowed to play with the rest of the world.

Canada: Mommieeeeee! The USA won't wear the masks so they can play with me!
England: Shut up and stop whining! You still have to wear your mask.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I give it 1-2 more weeks before people start junking the masks all together en mass.

Good. All the masks are doing is delaying things that are going to happen anyway. This bug, like all of the ones before, is going to burn itself out. Protect the people who are most at risk and let it run its course.

I've worked as a uniformed security guard at a department store before. I was just there for show. I wasn't allowed to do anything, no matter what I saw. This doesn't surprise me.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Wear your damn masks and quit whinging about it, and soon you'll be allowed to play with the rest of the world.

Canada: Mommieeeeee! The USA won't wear the masks so they can play with me!
England: Shut up and stop whining! You still have to wear your mask.
TheRedneck

Yup, that's us. Clamouring for the border to be re-opened.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Was it a statewide ban on resturants?
If I were to go home at the moment, I would have to quarentine for 14 days, but we probably have the same rate of infection here as my destination. Both quite low rates. But, the dc and virginia beach areas are both hot and New York city just doesnt want to go through the nightmare a second time. So, I have a good excuse not to go visit family at the present time.
Heck, our schools were shut down and store shelves emptied before we had our first confirmed case here.

I am not looking at the number of positive tests as much as the rate of hospitalizations. It's a better gauge of how much trouble an area is in. Of course, by the time that problem surfaces, it's really too late to do anything about it.

But, it's still pretty hard to get tested here. We finally had one drive through testing site in a nearby city, but it was one day only so. What can I say.
We've been having one or two, or more businesses having to shut down every week for awhile. I think the it's reasonable to assume that the outbreak was first found because someone got sick and then they found more from that one through contact tracing and targeted testing.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I'm assuming this now means no shirt or shoes required in stores either.

Walmartians are already sickening fully-clothed. I don't want them removing their crocs to expose their athlete's feet-rdiddled feet and scabies-infested bellies.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Masks really don't do all that much. You breathe, the virus will be airborne. Other people will breathe it. Social distancing won't be effective unless its at a distance of 20 feet or you're outside. Masks do offer SOME protection from sneezing and coughing large droplets from infecting others by you. We're talking minimal safeguards that we're supposed to believe are a magic bullet in stopping this virus. Mostly to stop it do these: Stay home if you're sick. Avoid large crowds. That means no protests, no riots, no sporting events, no big box retailers. Wash you hands.
But its also not very deadly even if it is extremely contagious. Its a new virus we have no resistance to. But its mortality rate among young healthy people is a fraction of 1%. Children are particularly not affected by it. If you have certain health conditions, a weakened immune system, are elderly, then its a very serious virus. Consider it a flu bug. But we're getting herd immunity to it and the death rate and hospitalization rates for it have bottomed out in areas that were once hot spots a few months ago. So many have had it, at least 20 times, maybe 50 times the confirmed cases and it looks even less scary. If a karen yells at somebody for not wearing a mask or doesn't want to wear one and creates a scene, just get a video of it and hope for it to get really heated so you can put it on Youtube.
edit on 29-7-2020 by Dutchowl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
the system has arrows for the public to go in particular direction while keeping appropriate distances

The one way system that some stores have in place does exactly the opposite of what it's supposed to. Rather than spread the people in the store out, it actually herds them all together, as there is no other way to go.

I went into my local One Stop (a chain of convenience stores here in the UK) and they had taken it a step further by blocking off the ends of the aisles, so you physically had to walk up and down all of the aisles in the store in order to reach the checkouts. I only wanted a Coke, which are at the back of the store, in the refrigerated section. Normally, I would have walked straight to the fridges, bypassing all the aisles, grabbed a bottle and gone straight to the checkout. I might have passed one person. Instead I had to walk around the entire store, passing at least 6 other people on the way!

It's like they are actually making it harder to avoid other people.

Anyone would think they were doing it on purpose (sarcasm)
edit on 31-7-2020 by nik1halo because: Temporary insanity

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
my daughter is shocked she doesn't know whats happened to people their

behaviour is disgusting.:

Yeah, people tend to get a bit irriatated when they are constantly asked to do stupidly ridiculous things for no other reason that to make someone else feel better...

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Nyiah
My mask does more to protect you from my germs than it does to protect me from yours.

Thats just it... that is an outright bald faced LIE.

As comparison, think of the virus as sand, and the mask as a chainlink fence. Throw the sand at the fence and what happens? Sure, a few grains may get stopped, but the vast majority go right through. All of those virus particles go right through your mask into the air arround you, as if you weren't even wearing it.

#F*uckMasks
#F*ckYourNewNormal

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join