It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart and other reailers change course on mask policy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

My mask does more to protect you from my germs than it does to protect me from yours. I suppose there will be ton of kids suddenly having lung problems when schools open also. But, you will want those teachers in the classrooms.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yep their policy has exemptions like if you're eating or have any medical condition or have any difficulty breathing idk4s
edit on 27-7-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

It's definitely hard to enforce those rules without causing a scene and making things worse, but I kind of wish they could.

Before the mandatory mask policies I think maybe 60%, from what I could tell, wore them anyway. Now that the policy is in effect in some businesses, most people seem to be wearing them. At Lowes, I think I saw one person not wearing one; at Kroger, I think I saw three not wearing them. Hell, there was even a guy in a Trump visor who had one on. At Tractor Supply, I was the only customer wearing one (but there were only like four total customers), but the three people entering when I was leaving had them on, and even the employee who helped me on the floor didn't have one, but the cashier did.

As an aside, I never wore one in public until the stores instituted that policy.

edit on 27-7-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
seems to me that Americans might have too much freedom and believe they have a right to be uncivilized savages, maybe Americans don't deserve freedom anymore since they cant seem to control themselves anymore, dictating what a business can do through fear, thanks to such savages i see many just shutting down because people refusing to work out of fear of the virus or the savage mobs that are plaguing America.

i fear Democratic rule is failing America and will destroy our country if we don't cast it aside, many forget our system was just meant to be a temporary thing until we became free of European control, just a measure of rebellion that doesn't push too far and piss off European powers. the creators of our country wanted a proper empire like rome and set up a structure to make it possible without making it too obvious, we just need to set things in motion by casting aside democracy and establish the imperial republic we were meant to be from the start.

before i was all about freedom but 2020 has proven how undeserving we are of freedom and how destructive it is in the hands of uncivilized savages and children, it just creates entitlement and people start thinking they can do whatever they want without any consequences, it also creates overly docile cowards that refuse to stop such entitled fools, cowed because they think democracy would be threatened if they demanded order.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Well, sorry, but dont see any reason why those who have a reason to avoid wearing a mask can just stay home also.

Just because you don't see something does not make it so.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Walmart employee here. WE won't enforce it, but we have hired a private security company who will. It has not damaged business in the slightest. Record comp sales every day.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

My mask does more to protect you from my germs than it does to protect me from yours. I suppose there will be ton of kids suddenly having lung problems when schools open also. But, you will want those teachers in the classrooms.

Why does it not bother you that you have been told that people with no symptoms have been shown NOT to spread the virus.
also

The World Health Organization has not changed its position, which says marks are not needed in public for those who don’t already have coronavirus.

Yes, schools are closed, but the evidence still shows kids are unlikely to catch or spread coronavirus

medicalxpress.com...
Now if they changed this because they had previously wanted to keep the masks for hospitals, they still lied their eyes out and now you still trust them.
edit on 27-7-2020 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I suppose that means there is also no need for handi-cap accessibility or animals in the store as well, right?

You literally just dont have to breathe in their breath or get their spit in your eye IF they happened to be sick.

People might want to look at the expansion of health definition over the years to support late term abortion.

You can't discriminate based on disability. You cant ask for proof of their disability. You can't tell someone wearing a mask doesn't cause mental anguish, because it doesn't to others.

"I have anxiety and I can wear a mask, so can you"- everybody

So then, since there are women who have struggled financially and made it, that means others can't use it for their late term abortion. Does that sound right to you?

Have people already forgotten the reason we shut down at all was over grossly false projections due to a "computer glitch", yet we still keep inching towards further infringement?

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
a reply to: American-philosopher

The wearing of a mask now is the equvillent of shutting the door after the

horse has bolted.....

Now IF it were mandatory 3/4 months ago when the virus was at its height

that would have been another matter.......

Uh the virus is at its hight right now.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Now IF it were mandatory 3/4 months ago when the virus was at its height

that would have been another matter.......

Do you think it would have made a difference? lol

It seems people want to Monday morning quarterback all this...Well if you.... 4 months ago...xyz...WELL NO SH!T!

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Both sides have laid out so many lies that last few decades, I got sick of wading through the muck!!
What was said about this virus at the beginning just might not be right, first the virus mutated and now is spread more easily and second.. they learned more about it.
My understanding is that it we all wore masks, it would reduce the spread by close to 50%.
And, I have not read anywhere where non-symptomatic people cant spread the disease. I am reading the opposite.
So, since I am in a high risk group, I stay home, waiting not so patiently for this country to get their crap together and at least get their charts looking more like those from most every other country in the world. I've read about three businesses in the past few days that have shut down in my area because of outbreaks in their employees. And, that isnt out of the ordinary. Dont want to wear a mask, fine... but dont start whining when your kids schools end up having to shut down every other week or so.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Gee, maybe the smokers should have been that obstinate. Maybe they wouldnt be out in the cold everywhere, even their own homes.

Funny, as a smoker, (much reduced now) I had the same kind of thought, even funnier, considering this virus, nicotine...and smoke have antiseptic qualities it seems, however smoke is bad for you otherwise, nicotine though is being looked at as a barricade against the virus.
We'll see.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

It's their business and they get to make the rules.
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

you are trying to gas light me arent you? haha.

there should be a rule on ATS about gas lighting.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

No, I don't care what a private business does in regards masks. Mask. No mask. Their call.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: American-philosopher

No, I don't care what a private business does in regards masks. Mask. No mask. Their call.

ATS should require masks.

That'd really piss off a lot of members.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

And. You cant ask a whole mess of people, diabetics, asthmatics, people with heart problems, cancer patients, elderly, and whoever else falls into their high risk group to just stay within the walls of their home for the rest of their lives because you dont want to do what is needed to make it safer for them to be out and about, in the classroom teaching, in the stores checking you out, in the restaurants and bars serving you.. for the money they need to be able to live!
I live in one of those places where they are supposed to be wearing mask out in public. I've asked each of my sons, they all say the same thing... it's being ignored by alot of people, way more than there would be people with a medical reason not to wear them. If you cant bring yourself to even wear a mask to protect another, you have no standing to gripe st teachers to risk their lives in a classroom!

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

And. There had probably been more people died from covid and the complications it produced than have died from second hand smoke in the same timeframe.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I give it 1-2 more weeks before people start junking the masks all together en mass.

I dont know I think the indoctorination is pretty dep about the mask. Peole are posting selfies with the mask. walking down the street alone with a mask on . I dont know.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It's definitely hard to enforce those rules without causing a scene and making things worse, but I kind of wish they could.
a reply to: Liquesence

its impossible to enforce a policy that is made for children on adults?

Now if there was some incentive system or a smarter way to go about the policy then just using force. maybe it could work

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Walmart employee here. WE won't enforce it, but we have hired a private security company who will. It has not damaged business in the slightest. Record comp sales every day.
a reply to: LordAhriman

at all walmarts? there is going to be private security at all walmarts?/

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join