It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart and other reailers change course on mask policy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Mandatory mask reversal

I mean just like I thought that this policy is uninforceable. If you think an employee wants to play bouncer you have another thing coming.

I dont thnk any employee wants the voluntary for that new position of getting in conflicts with people.

will still serve customers without mask

also like I said before I could not see police officers wanting to get into confrontations with people about wearing a mask in a store. Especially here in Seattle where they are already getting into confrontations with people ofr entirely different matters.

Maybe all those viral videos backfired on the people who were trying to publicy shame the person who was not wearing a mask.
edit on 27-7-2020 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Of course it's unenforceable, unless you want to seriously damage your business, along with customer good-will...

That should have been obvious. But apparently lessons need to be learned the hard way.

Oh, your second link goes to a lost page screen. FYI.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The wearing of a mask now is the equvillent of shutting the door after the

horse has bolted.....

Now IF it were mandatory 3/4 months ago when the virus was at its height

that would have been another matter.......

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Could’ve told you this weeks ago. It was never enforced in my area. Most would wear it in then take it off from what I’ve seen.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

If you think an employee wants to play bouncer you have another thing coming.

I dont thnk any employee wants the voluntary for that new position of getting in conflicts with people.

Apparently Walmart didn't want to put them in that position either: Walmart won't enforce its rules on wearing masks because it fears staff could be attacked by shoppers angry at being challenged

Good for Walmart. No one should be putting these workers in that position. They are not trained and equipped law enforcement officers, and should not be expected to enforce any law, much less one so controversial and volatile.

Maybe all those viral videos backfired on the people who were trying to publicy shame the person who was not wearing a mask.

I don't think it's possible to shame the Face Mask Stasi. They would have to actually have a conscience in order to shame them.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Probably would of been the best course of action..still, people would of fought it.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It's their business and they get to make the rules.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I understand the decision, but my god how sad must your life be if you were to attack a Walmart employee for asking you to put on a damn mask. Talk about shooting the messenger.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
I understand the decision, but my god how sad must your life be if you were to attack a Walmart employee for asking you to put on a damn mask. Talk about shooting the messenger.

Well, in fairness they do attract the least common denominator as their customer base.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman

My daughter works for a very large company and has been working through out

(although not considered front line) and she calls on Asda which is the UK

equivillent of Walmart. And she has seen the nasty side of the public, the

system has arrows for the public to go in particular direction while keeping

appropriate distances and when they go off track and are reminded by staff

they reply with aggression and swear at them.

There is no need for that kind of behaviour ...... the staff are only doing their

jobs, my daughter is shocked she doesn't know whats happened to people their

behaviour is disgusting.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm honestly glad to hear this as someone that works at Walmart. Policies that we try to implement from home office end up causing an absolute snip-storm of anger. We've literally had to walk back some things that home office wanted implemented because of furious customers. Some of the managers have been assaulted in the past. There is no way in hell that I want to be the one at the door telling people no.

I'm in Alberta, not the US, but the amount of people getting really angry about the Covid policies is pretty crazy.

It sure seems like there is something about Walmart that triggers the worst in humanity.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Gee, maybe the smokers should have been that obstinate. Maybe they wouldnt be out in the cold everywhere, even their own homes.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

The wearing of a mask now is the equvillent of shutting the door after the
horse has bolted.....

That sounds sensible, and would account for the amazing decline in American Covid cases right as we speak. Especially in those places that were opened up early.
Well done, folks!

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I don't think it's possible to shame the Face Mask Stasi. They would have to actually have a conscience in order to shame them.

You know it goes both ways, I have a Friend who lives alone with no one to help out. She can't wear a mask because of lung problem. She gets treated like a murder where ever she goes.

Walmart realized they have no legal right to ask non mask wearers to explain why they can't be wearing it so they could not enforce the rule.

As coronavirus fears mount in the United States, experts warn that face masks won’t help most people avoid the virus — and they may actually increase the risk of getting it.

“The average healthy person does not need to have a mask, and they shouldn’t be wearing masks,” says Dr. Eli Perencevich, a professor of medicine and epidemiology at the University of Iowa’s College of Medicine, according to Forbes.
www.sacbee.com...

edit on 27-7-2020 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Good call, if someone tries to give me (SNIP) about not wearing a mask they are going find themselves counting their teeth in the ground.

But yeah, shame on me.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Excellent news. Enforcing this is NOT a job for the summer break kids, it's NOT a job for the elderly workers, it's NOT A JOB for any retail or service industry employee outside of a sterile Clean Room setting (and in that case, different industry & no customer will ever be allowed to venture in one anyway)

Hell, even my rental company's office said "F this" and has nothing posted about it. You could sit in their reception area and shoot the s# mask-free with the receptionist all day, they do not care at all. They don't discourage protecting yourself if you feel the need, but don't bother protecting them, they don't buy into it to begin with. What you ask of visitors in your home if they have to stop by is your call, but in their office, it's your job to protect you, not them. It's a real breath of fresh air, considering the way the year's gone.
edit on 7/27/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

And, you can get anything from Walmart's without stepping into their store. You can order groceries online and have it brought to your car. You can have non-perishable items sent to you. And, while those of us who have reason to avoid the virus are told to just stay home...
Well, sorry, but dont see any reason why those who have a reason to avoid wearing a mask can just stay home also.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Could’ve told you this weeks ago. It was never enforced in my area. Most would wear it in then take it off from what I’ve seen.

Most places are probably closer to this than everyone wants to admit. They're just playing "wait and see" like I do, meaning they give it a few weeks of observing customers and staff, and go from there.

I give it 1-2 more weeks before people start junking the masks all together en mass.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: SeaWorthy

And, you can get anything from Walmart's without stepping into their store. You can order groceries online and have it brought to your car. You can have non-perishable items sent to you. And, while those of us who have reason to avoid the virus are told to just stay home...
Well, sorry, but dont see any reason why those who have a reason to avoid wearing a mask can just stay home also.

Tough f#ity, cupcake. If you can preach it, you can use it, too. Pick one.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: Boadicea

You know it goes both ways. I have a Friend who lives alone with no one to help out. She can't wear a mask because of lung problem. She gets treated like a murder where ever she goes.

This is exactly the "Face Mask Stasi" I was referring too... as well as the official critters who are instituting these mandates. It's been a big problem for many people.

My sympathies to your friend. I do wish stores would at least establish designated days or hours where people who cannot wear a mask can conduct their business safely and in dignity, much like they established senior and vulnerable times. It is well known that there are myriad health reasons why people cannot wear masks, and lip service is given to "exemptions," but no reasonable accommodations are being made, and it doesn't stop the mini-tyrants bullying anyone without a mask. In fact, it is often egged on by officials promoting face masks.

Walmart realized they have no legal right to ask non mask wearers to explain why they can't be wearing it so they could not enforce the rule.

And no one should be asked personal and confidential health information! More than ever, we need a "Patient's Bill of Rights", like the original Bill of Rights, with our absolute right to privacy at the top of the list.

As coronavirus fears mount in the United States, experts warn that face masks won’t help most people avoid the virus — and they may actually increase the risk of getting it.

The amount of misinformation and disinformation is appalling and infuriating.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join