It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A LARPER meets reality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=25324875]

The one crappy image certainly looks like it's pointed at the ground.

It looks like it is coming around the rear of the car towards the driver with a rifle low ready so she can clear the tailight and rear quarter - sneak up on my car that was just forced to stop by rioters with a rifle, I wont stop shooting until the problem goes away.

Any laywer can make an easy case that this was an attempted ambush.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
*shrugs* IF I am carrying and I get blocked by a crowd and some dude runs up with an SKS, you bet I am going to start shooting. Considering the number of protests that went to riot in a hurry, I am surprised this hasent happened more often.

Doesnt matter if the gun is intially pointed at the ground or not, just how hard is it with minimal training to go from ready carry to putting shots on target... not hard in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This will end up being self defence, mob a car, bad sh%t gonna happen.

Unfortunate ending to this dude.

Im not sure what the OP is going on about regarding the dude having a black girlfriend though.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
In the video I hear two sets of shots. Not an expert but some sound like rifle shots.

5 shots then pause and 3 more shots.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports

originally posted by: [post=25324875]

It looks like it is coming around the rear of the car towards the driver with a rifle low ready so she can clear the tailight and rear quarter - sneak up on my car that was just forced to stop by rioters with a rifle, I wont stop shooting until the problem goes away.

Any laywer can make an easy case that this was an attempted ambush.

It was the he behind her, and obvious the car has passed him,he had no reason to filled threatened except he was an uneducated undisciplined moron. Hell I been around guns since I was 8. If pointed a loaded weapon at someone in that situation my dad would have beat my azz silly. There was no threat, Id pretty much bet the victim walks and for the azzhat, I seriously doubt there will be a march or anything else.
edit on 26-7-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

And yes with his video interview earlier, he was a douche nozzle how anybody can back that? It's obvious he was over his head
edit on 26-7-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The deceased is Garrett Foster

www.fox7austin.com...

In an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America," Sheila Foster identified the man who was shot as her son, Garrett Foster. She said he had been a regular at the protests with his fiancee. "They've been participating in these protests almost every day for the past 50 days," she said.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
In the video I hear two sets of shots. Not an expert but some sound like rifle shots.

The first five are rifle shots; the second three, handgun.
edit on 26-7-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thats interesting since wife just had a meme come across her feed that claimed he was pushing his wife in her wheel chair and just got randomly gunned down.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And he is still moving towards the car in the picture and all it would take would be for the muzzle to rise up a few inches to be pointed... There has been witnesses that said he pointed at some point.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
There has been witnesses that said he pointed at some point.

And there are other witnesses that said the driver pointed his gun first.

Being that eyewitness reports are often notoriously poor I'll wait until they release the forensic evidence.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Being that eyewitness reports are often notoriously poor I'll wait until they release the forensic evidence.

What forensic evidence, three bullets in his chest? He was definitely the aggressor in this case as his posture even in that one picture is one of prepared aggressiveness. Was he going to unload on the guy most likely not, but if an angry crowd came at me I would also have my gun out and ready, and to see one of them with an AK coming at me fast any movement of that muzzle and I would pull the trigger first. Its not a who shoots first is wrong thing, especially in Texas.

On a side note he got close enough to where the guy in the car could shoot him cleanly as dozens were right around him, so I'm thinking he got right up into the car guy's face before the car guy pulled the trigger. He sure wasn't trying to warn him, he truly felt the need to kill the guy and he did.

edit on 26-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

He was definitely the aggressor in this case as his posture even in that one picture is one of prepared aggressiveness. Was he going to unload on the guy most likely not...

You must be some sort of super sleuth to be able to deduce that from just the one photo where you can't even see the driver. I even like how you were able to deduce intent with so much certainty as well. If they defund the police you should volunteer your talents for free.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: SaneThinking

Hopefully someone will. I haven't seen them yet either. I do have a few questions though.

I have seen many posts from members gleefully saying they cannot wait until someone approaches their vehicle so they can shoot them on various posts here. Does the same apply if this vehicle as is said to have purposely tried to hit this man who was apparently pushing a wheel chair. IF he was almost purposely hit, does he have the right to point the weapon in defense IF he did?

Also, why is he considered a LARPER? Open carry is legal. He was carrying. Men in camouflage carrying weapons in the I want a haircut protests are considered Patriots.

I'm not arguing the point or saying one is right, the other wrong. I was just curious about those two issues.

Leftists call those people LARPers as well.

Both sides call the other side LARPers.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You must be some sort of super sleuth to be able to deduce that from just the one photo where you can't even see the driver. I even like how you were able to deduce intent with so much certainty as well. If they defund the police you should volunteer your talents for free.

So you are sitting in your car and I come at you very quickly with an AK positioned in the ready aim configuration and I look totally pissed are you going to shoot me if that muzzle move up at all?

That ready aim position is an aggressive one since it is the quickest way to aim and fire in like a millisecond. If he had it strapped on his back are was holding it across his chest then no...But with the butt just off the top shoulder trigger finger ready you are in a very aggressive stance.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

So you are sitting in your car and I come at you very quickly with an AK positioned in the ready aim configuration and I look totally pissed are you going to shoot me if that muzzle move up at all?

Is that what happened? You have video that shows this? You can see the guys face in that video? You can judge his intent in that video? You can see the driver and his actions in that video?

I know I can't.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: Grimpachi

The first five are rifle shots; the second three, handgun.

That is what some are claiming but there is no comfirmation. The shots sound different on the video but the person recording had moved to a different area when the last three shots were fired. The difference in sound can be because he was behind a wall and catching the echo from the area.

I will wait till there is confirmation.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What would you have done in that situation??

I can honestly say, that if I'd been caught up in something of this nature, a crowd rushing my car, someone in that crowd has a rifle--not sure I wouldn't have shot, either...

...and shooting to kill? In that situation?? Damn right, I'm shooting to end what I perceive to be the most immediate threat.

Of course, I wouldn't have stopped my cars in the first place...

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Is that what happened? You have video that shows this? You can see the guys face in that video? You can judge his intent in that video? You can see the driver and his actions in that video?

I know I can't.

Look at the one crappy phote...lol geez.

He is moving towards the car, and gets much closer than where he is in the picture since he hasn't been shot yet. As he holds the gun it is in a very aggressive ready aim position as in all he would need to do is move the gun a few inches to fire. Look at his face and tell me if he isn't angry as the rest of the mob?

I said nothing whatsoever about intent... I even said that most likely he would not unload on the guy, but if a angry mob came at me sitting in my car and one of them was like this guy it wouldn't take much for me to fire. Hell, the guy with the AK might have saw the gun at some point and raised his AK as if in some form of defense.

Since the guy had an AK he should of stayed back and not got right into the car guys face. As the old saying goes don't pull a gun out if you are not going to fire the the position the AK guy was in he basically had the gun pulled out ready to fire.

In the end I don't think that will matter as the AK guy was the aggressor in the first place. Its like people arguing that Arbery was the aggressor and not the father and son...

edit on 26-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
What would you have done in that situation??

Here's the thing, I don't know what the situation was, we have just the hyperbolic embellishment of the Original Post and a few contradicting eye witnesses.

What was the drivers behavior prior to the shooting? Was he erratic? Was he behaving dangerously? Did he take out his weapon first? I don't know and neither does anyone else on this forum.

It may have very well been justified for the driver to shoot that guy. It may also have been a criminal act. I like facts and right now we don't have too many.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

He is moving towards the car, and gets much closer than where he is in the picture since he hasn't been shot yet. As he holds the gun it is in a very aggressive ready aim position...

The 'very aggressive ready aim' position is not illegal. Oregon's open carry law permits you to carry a long gun as long as it's not pointed at someone. The ground isn't a someone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join