It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neither Rain Nor Snow.....The USPS and the 2020 Election

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Maybe I'm an outlier but I don't really have any issues with USPS, they have been pretty fast for me. I routinely get letters and packages from halfway across the country in two days, and that's with both priority mail and first class.

That doesn't discredit the risk of mail-in voting though, maybe they should look at online voting instead.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

Another stop? In my zip code?
For five days?
They kept scanning it, ya know?
My street and is pretty unique...

And according to the source, 21% of envelopes one one test run never arrived
Where did they go?
edit on Sun Jul 26 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
With all the people shopping online due to the pandemic, you'd think they would use this golden opportunity to ramp up efficiency, and create new customers, but nope.

The largest mail sorting facility in the country, the BMC (Bulk Mail Center), in Jersey City still uses machines built in the 1960's.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

As in our trucks make stops at multiple offices. It's possible it got dropped at one of those. If it doesnt get a stop scan at your office it fails. Delivered scan is a final stop scan. Yeah I wouldnt be happy in your situation either. I had a package the other day where the sender covered the to address with a sticker. I tried ripping it off and address was gone. In that case I'll ask my supervisor to run the tracking, but some will send it back because it's the senders responsibility to get it right.

On too of everything we're getting triple the package volume we'd normally get during this time of year due to covid. No excuses here, but as razor said they run ccas to death. Which are city carrier assistants. Mistakes are made when you work someone 7 days a week 10 to 12 a day. They'd normally at least get Sunday, but a lot of offices run amazon sunday.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

Thanks for your input!

And, FWIW, I've heard stories about UPS and FEDEX.

It's just that they don't handle voters mail.

BTW, check your PMs.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Which may explain my package sitting in New Jersey in May LOL

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Which may explain my package sitting in New Jersey in May LOL

You'd be horrified if you saw the inside of that place. Just crap every where including huge rolling bins filled with chewed up packages from the antique machinery.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join