It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 hits North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The city of Kaesong has been placed on lockdown, after a person suspected to be infected with the coronavirus “illegally crossed” the border, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un announced at an emergency anti-epidemic meeting.

Source

Well, this will be interesting. Not that we can trust anything coming out of North Korea, but they by no means push the official narratives. I'm really curious to see how this develops and what's reported on it.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

If its true they probably already "eliminated" the threat and disposed of the waste in a furnace.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The headline of the article:

Kim Jong-un declares emergency & puts Kaesong City on total lockdown after 1st reported Covid-19 case in North Korea

If this Is truly the “1st case” then that just goes to show us how very isolated NK is. It makes me sad to think of the horrors and isolation that the citizens have endured.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

theres just no way really

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: akiros

theres just no way really

Agreed that cannot possibly be the first case in NK unless they are really a hermit kingdom.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, sounds like NK is about to have zero cases.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

If this Is truly the “1st case” then that just goes to show us how very isolated NK is. It makes me sad to think of the horrors and isolation that the citizens have endured.

So much so they have an immunity to the psychological stresses of pandemics.

www.amnesty.org...

As North Korea has been suffering under incessant epidemics, people have built ‘mental immunity’ against them, and are able to deal with them without major fear. This is the same for COVID-19,” Lee said.

“Not that they are immune biologically, but the continuous years of epidemics have made them insensitive.”

She cites outbreaks of scabies and measles in 1989, and the recurrence of cholera, typhoid, paratyphoid and typhus since 1994. After 2000, SARS, Ebola, avian influenza and MERS also threatened North Korea.

Limited to the myopic view the state allows them. As People's Hospital District 14 has best healthcare in world!

Amazing how you can copy/paste the mindset to the middle Soviet Union.

They are not people anymore, they are engineered worker bees. So programmed they see themselves as advantaged, and those who question go to a reeducation center or to the firing squad.

They are surely not gulags, AT ALL!

The reeducation camps for criminals are run by the Ministry of People's Security. There is a fluent passage between common crimes and political crimes.

Makes me appreciative I am where I am, and that there are no reeducation camps near me, well, unless you count "The Museum of Tolerance".
edit on 25-7-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Everyone pushes official narratives when they can be used to their benefit. He goes all out to protect his citizens, he will assassinate potential carriers, or the whole block if necessary. I'm sure some in our country salivate over his authority.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

If its true they probably already "eliminated" the threat and disposed of the waste in a furnace.

Well according to the left, that's how Trump was supposed to stop it here in the US, otherwise he is totally inept.
edit on 25-7-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

(post by smurfy removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

there was a case of a ship of 35 people that tested negative before it left, and when they arrived at their destination the whole crew tested positive.... says facebook unbelievable facts

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
They probably do have a low virus footprint. Who in their right mind would go to that country willingly. I'd rather go to Belfast with a Catholic shirt on the Prodestant side of town.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
North Korea knows how to deal with this virus created by the Imperialists...

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What the heck man! That was disturbing!

originally posted by: DaRAGE
North Korea knows how to deal with this virus created by the Imperialists...

:

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE
Wut da F did I just watch..who made that? SK?

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The videos I have seen on NK show that the people do not have the right to travel. So an outbreak in area is unlikely to spread to another easily. If it did spread that country will be hammered because the populace is malnurished and many who escape are found to have tape worms.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
They must've just gotten a big influx of money from Bill Gates.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Movie scene from World War Z.

No teeth means they can't eat anyone when they become zombies.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: Brotherman

Well according to the left, that's how Trump was supposed to stop it here in the US, otherwise he is totally inept.

I don’t know bro I didn’t know we were talking about America or Trump

top topics

join