It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I See a Meteor or Space Junk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Approximately 1 and a half hours ago my Husband and I were sitting outside on our deck in central Texas and saw a falling star that was white then all of a sudden it exploded with a green and yellow glow. It left a little cloud/smoke ball that we could see because of the glow of the moon. This was much too high to be fireworks. Do any of you have any idea what that might have been? Meteor or space junk?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

It probably was a meteor as there is a meteor shower going on now. It peeks on the 30th, but it has already started. I saw a couple myself last night. They are coming from the SE sky more or less and called Southern delta Aquariids. Plus the alpha Capricornids and the Perseids are also active right now

Link for more Information

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Thank you so much; that link is awesome.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   
There actually was space junk visible in Texas skies recently. Or an intercepted enemy missile, could go either way.
Russian space junk seen over texas sky

Author: Anthony Franze, Nathan Santo Domingo
Published: 2:15 PM CDT July 18, 2020
Updated: 10:32 PM CDT July 20, 2020

MIDLAND, Texas — West Texas skies lit up shortly after 2 a.m. as a strange object streaked across the sky.

Initially, it appeared to be a meteor breaking up in the earth's atmosphere. But this object was moving too slow and didn't behave like a typical meteor.

Upon further investigation, this object was not a space rock, but rather something built by humans.

Dr. Marco Langbroek, a Dutch archaeologist who researches asteroids and satellite behaviors, tweeted that this was not a meteor, but a Russian rocket booster that was launched in 2019.

This was also confirmed by Jonathan McDowell, an astronomer at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.

The rocket entered the earth's atmosphere over Mexico and began to break up over New Mexico and Texas.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Copper burns with yellow-green color characteristic, could be meteor.
I seen a green meteor myself once in my life, if you google "green meteor captured" I am sure you will see something similar to your experience.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Here's a pic of the Neowise comet, orbits once every 6,800 years.

It's in the sky, but possibly not what you saw.

Awesome though!

www.gizmodo.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Interesting, thank ya for the info

top topics

join