It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC says to open schools.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'll take Option 2.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

I'll take Option 2.

The majority of parents with school-aged children want schools to open also.

www.fatherly.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'd agree if this was a conversation about the Australian CDC's determination about whether or not Australian schools should be open or closed but it's not.

If you want to start a thread about the Australian CDC, Australian schools, and Australia in general go create a thread about it.

You're claim is that young people are safe from this virus, that claim is incorrect.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   

cant see anything in your link showing stats for "majority" as you claim, perhaps you posted wrong link? or perhaps fake news?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Option 1: Schools closed; Online Only - Single Mom/Dad and child/children end up in a homeless shelter, since parent must stay home, and Pandemic unemployment benefits are being slashed next week.

Option 2: Open Schools: Parent gets to work. Kids can catch Covid-19, but will live. So will parents. Keep the house or apartment.

Are those the only 2 options? Either everyone ends up in a homeless shelter or pretend that nothing is happening and throw our kids out in to the schools and hope that no one gets too sick?

Maybe both if they get sick and have normal health insurance in America, or none at all?

What about the grandparents?

What if the teachers get sick?

Surely there are other options.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Up to age 45, death rate is almost 0. From 45 to 65 its at flu levels. It increases above 65. Average death age is over 80. Right now you have a better chance of dying from medical malpractice. At risk population should certainly take precautions if they feel the need to. The other 85% needs to get on with it.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
And if Skippy the Costco checkout guy has been working since March, why can't the teachers? Skippy has kids and grandparents...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: AutomateThis1

What we are seeing now is young people who are going to die. There is no doubt about it," she said.
"And these are people who are 30s, 40s, 50s, who have no past history."

There's more and more young people getting sick, it's concerning.
source

But , In the US , it is very light to no symptoms.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks

No the CDC didn't say that. The WH did.

You did not read the linked article from CNN , did you ?
It WAS the CDC

Denying ignorance
Why ?
Why do folks not read the facts BEFORE posting.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

It WAS the CDC

Denying ignorance
Why ?

Do you always use CNN as a qualifier to what you consider truth.?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Jfc. How about you put the whole dictionary in my mouth?

I shared a message from the CDC that said it's better to open up schools with precautions because it is important that children can resume education.

I didn't say that children are safe from the virus. The CDC said that children aren't as at risk to this virus.

So, if you want to argue with someone about how children aren't safe from this virus feel free to call 800-CDC-INFO and let them know you think they are wrong.

If you don't feel like waiting you can out fill out this form:
wwwn.cdc.gov...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   

It WAS the CDC

Denying ignorance
Why ?

I guess you ignored the two CDC links as well?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Uhuh, so instead of exchanging ideas or thoughts you want to discuss what you read and disect what the authors think.

Sorry that's not why I'm here, if and when however you're ready to discuss your ideas count me in.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   

It WAS the CDC

Denying ignorance
Why ?

I guess you ignored the two CDC links as well?

Really ?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I guess it is a matter of trusting the CDC, that despite all the unknowns about this novel virus and all the conflicting information and backtracking on recommendations, we should believe the CDC now has the answers?

The thing is, no government is telling us what they really know, and they know plenty about this chimeric gain of function novel virus that they had been toying with since at least 2003.

So yeah, let's all trust the CDC and whatever other government or non-government entity tells us. It all spinning the truth and telling lies. What has happened in regards to this virus is so inept, so irresponsible and outright against domestic and international laws/treaties that those involved have to keep the truth obscured or face the consequences.

Early reports suggest the number of COVID-19 cases among children may vary by age and other factors. Adolescents aged 10-17 may be more likely to become infected with SARS-CoV-2 than children younger than age 10, [7], [8] but adolescents do not appear to be at higher risk of developing severe illness.

That some really solid facts based on "early reports" (not the latest ones) that they are sure about isn't it? Words like "suggest", "may be more likely" and "do not appear" is very reassuring and I'm sure is information based on scientific facts (not).

George Herbert Walker Bush: ‘Sarah, if the American people ever find out what we have done, they would chase us down the street and lynch us.’
1992 quote about the Iraq-gate and Iran/contra affairs. Bush was also big on preparing for a pandemic back then, but his program petered out after he left office.

ETA: The citations used in the quoted CDC statement are from the first 11 or 12 reports based on statistics from the earliest studies of the COVID-19 outbreak.
edit on 25-7-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join