It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.F.O. skeptics are in denial

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I got the feeling it is harvest time .

Again. No, that is impossible. Humans are not plants. It is getting close to round up time.

You must have been watching those David Goldberg videos and project zephr

thetruthersjournal.home.blog...

ps I am 41% banana 85 percent DNA with a mouse and 61 percent with a fruit fly.

edit on 24/7/2020 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)[/editby

science.howstuffworks.com...
edit on 24/7/2020 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

There is overwhelming evidence that something ink own is flaring around, but what it is, we simply do not know. Could be Aliens, but it could also be secret militery projects. Could be alot of things.

But you are right when you say about people dismissing the subject altogether, but you have to understand that people always like to be part of groups, and this subject is no different.

It gets to the point that these groups they are in becomes more important than actually getting to the truth, so it clouds their judgement. This goes for both sides.

But when you look at the subject, look at the evidence without being in one of these groups, then it's obvious something is going on here.

What it is, we do not know. Not us normal folk anyway.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Dr. Kaku was right. The burden of proof has shifted from those who say U.F.O.'s exist to those who say they don't.

It's really not the skeptic, it's the pseudoskeptic. It's okay to question and debate evidence but just blind rejection of common sense arguments isn't right.

Humans have recorded U.F.O.'s in our skies since we could draw on cave walls. I have seen 4 U.F.O.'s and they have done everything from cause Nukes to malfunction to mass sightings.

With Disclosure from the Govt. it takes the obvious arguments for extraterrestrial visitation to a whole new level.

I heard people ask, why would they visit us? Why wouldn't they?

If we could explore space you don't think we would look for planets where there's life? We wouldn't just wander in space. We would look for bio and technosignatures. We're already talking about sending out A.I. probes to look for planets that may harbor life. Why wouldn't an advanced civilization do the same thing?

I will not go over all of the arguments that point to the existence of extraterrestrials and extraterrestrial visitation. There's mountains of evidence that has been laid out on this forum and throughout the internet.

Also, this wouldn't be happening if something big wasn't on the horizon or something they just can't control. We talk about Disclosure but maybe the Govt. realizes that Disclosure isn't up to them.

I'll end with 2 mass sighting cases.

Kids And Professors Encounter UFOs In School's Backyard For 2 Days In A Row | Close Encounters

Zimbabwe School UFO 1994 Compilation

I'm not skeptic while I have no evidence to back that up. Common sense tells me, 'we are not alone' but I have no evidence to back that up either.
The Cash-Landrum incident for instance was an event, totally out of the control of the US Government because it had consequences...long lived and died ones, yet it was most likely a military test of something that went wrong.

No one was ever compensated as yet, while it was not a long ago event, 1980 I think. The military won....so very cruel, but that's what they do.
The UFO experience is peppered with stuff like that...Presidents come and go and have no time for the like of that, because it would have consequences.

Thing is though, there are aliens....for want of a better word, it doesn't alone mean that they are here now, or have been in the past, but rather that science and technology from the twentieth, and twenty first century, and likely earlier centuries opened the window of knowledge further to speculate.

One thing is pretty clear though, an experiment that has gone wrong, is never going to be admitted by governments.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

a reply to: ConfusedBrit

So, the pre-Columbian civilizations should have told Columbus to go away. OK, I can see that. But would he have listened?

Well, I was half-joking, but that's a good question! Context is everything.

In 1492, how could we resist inviting ourselves to that particular "New World"?

And no, Columbus would not have listened and instead insisted, "Take Me To Your Leader".

edit on 24-7-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Damn skippy Unidentified Flying Objects are real .
Until they are identified .
Nothing fantastical , magical , or mystical
Just unidentified objects.
Nothing to do with aliens .

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

a reply to: ConfusedBrit

So, the pre-Columbian civilizations should have told Columbus to go away. OK, I can see that. But would he have listened?

Good question! Context is everything.

In 1492, how could we resist inviting ourselves to that particular "New World".

And no, Columbus would not have listened.

Pretty sure if the aliens show themselves we will just be doing what every they say lol.

I love how even Michal Shermer of Skeptic Magazine is like, yea UFOs are probably real looking at the video. And he definitely falls into super skeptic/pseudo-skeptic a lot dismissing everything that doesn't come with bible length proof.

When those guys take your side. UFOs are real!

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

For the record. I do believe in aliens. I just have not seen any credible evidence of such.

Virtually everybody believes in alien life, even the most hard-nosed sceptics and scientists.

Whether such life has bothered, wants to, or is even able to cross the vastness of Space to visit our strange, mad little planet, is another question altogether. It's certainly possible, but is it probable? We have at least a handful of classic cases that still compel, but sadly no firm evidence.... yet.

At this present moment in time, I'd recommend they STAY AWAY.

Many humans hardly deal gracefully with people crossing countries' borders... let alone GALAXIES!

"Sayyyyy!!! You're not from around these parts, space-boyyyyy!"

Right.
Once upon a time , a portion of the US State of Georgia were all up in arms and ready to defend this country .
They had heard on the news Russia was attacking Georgia.
Peace to you.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Again. No, I got this information from watching westerns. Lets go head the aliens off at the pass.

edit on 7 24 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Funny, that video evidence has beed debunked.

Science!

I may disagree with you a little bit here, these are Trained observers, military pilot's, it does NOT fly like a duck and the ideas that the debunker in the video is positing would have already been run over by far more qualified and intelligent people than himself.

Now that said he could be right, the fact is these are unidentified so his explanation is as good as anyone else but for them to be what he say's a check on date and time, region were these images were approximately taken and migration routes for birds at that time could be used to construct a stronger case for his argument IF the birds were migrating at that time, in that hemisphere and region of the world.

Personally I am going to go with the opinion of the people that released these images, if they were possibly birds they would have said they were bird's and not bothered to release them unless it was part of a cover story to enhance the UFO mythos since they do test secret air craft projects and it is nice to keep everyone a little bit confused BUT in this case I do not believe they had that motive.

Next thing this guy narrating this video would be trying to tell me the one I saw was a bloody bird, it flew low over west Lancashire and as I looked up were I have in the past seen plenty of RAF Tornado's on there way to do low level training in north Wales often breaking the sound barrier and flying very low on occasion I can definitely say it was flying at least as fast as one of those, no sound over the gale force wind and flying in the opposite direction to that wind, reflective metallic underside no light's but reflecting the street light's below and it was circular or spherical dipping in and out of the cloud layer, I felt something (fight or flight response I sensed danger for lack of a better word) and looked up directly at it and watched it shoot over head toward Pilkington laboratory's and believe me it was NO bloody bird, Not Swamp Gas and a definite Unknown that would happily fit into either the Disc or Sphere UFO category I can not say which as from my angle it was just a fast moving reflective circle in and out of the low cloud (which was illuminated bright orange by the old sodium street light's and light scatter from all the light pollution we used to have, I would say it was quite big, not one of those ridiculously big thing's but at least as big as one of those Tornado Swing Wing's though definitely the wrong shape - it was not self illuminated.

Now we do have a number of sites up here related to air craft project's such as RAF Warton which was within spitting distance as far as a pilot would be concerned but quite a way's by road.

SO I argue that Unknown probably mechanical unidentified object's DO exist, some of them are probably secret projects but other's like these - and possibly what I saw - do not fit into the known criteria for even the most outlandish aircraft that our government's acknowledge possession of.

edit on 24-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I feel like no matter how much proof you show people that deny extraterrestrial/interdimensional visitation to this planet, if they dont want to believe, they wont.

Pictures... photoshopped
Videos... Doctored.. or.. its bird.. etc.
Audio... could be anything..
Witnesses... unreliable
Physical Objects... Our own secret military tech

They have debunked everything before its even brought to them...

If an alien came down and shook their hand... they would be trying to rip their face off thinking its a mask, or searching for a zipper in the back of the costume.

If the abundance of unexplained (not universally debunked) footage doesnt do it, AND eyewitness testimonies from multiple observers even trained observers, AND the analysis of leading physicists and aerospace engineers....

I really dont have a clue what it will take.

My guess is that if the gov does disclose it, these people wont trust it and they will say "Its a Psyop!" and "Its all a distraction!"

I really want to know from someone who continues to deny the evidence as valid evidence of visitation, what it will take to get them to believe and agree. Im serious.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
When you see UFO skeptic, just ask yourself, what is the last book on UFOs they have read? It is very likely that these UFO skeptic "experts" have NEVER read anything comprehensve on UFOs. They are ignorant of the field.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

That is absolutely correct, there are good sceptic's and then there are bad one's, good one's seek the truth but bad one's seek only to disprove and often come up with claims that are every bit as wild as those of the witness to the event's such as the infamous swamp gas claim long now disproven but still used tongue in cheek often by believers in the subject.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You are saying that the debunked videos were not intentionally released to confuse the issue or just for publicity?

I am not disputing anything you personally saw because you have not provided video evidence to analyze in ordere to find out what you saw. The debunked videos on the other hand were not properly gone over before being declared they show a UFO. If you are looking for a UFO, than there is no way you can identify it for it is then no longer Unidentified.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The books cannot say anything definitive about UFOs or they could not sell any more books. The more books they try to sell you, the more unlikely they are to have anything in them useful.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

NO! I am saying that they are NOT Debunked just some half wit is claiming that they are by styling himself as an expert twitcher whom can see from the blurred image that these are duck's.
To be perfectly honest with you I suspect he had one too many lagers and perhaps ate too much Crispy Peking duck the night he made these insulting videos acting which are filled with tomfoolery, veiled insults to the intelligence of men whom are far more qualified and intelligent than himself and complete with duck sound's.
To be frank he come's across as a right and utter twerp.

HOWEVER, I do believe that his argument has a thin veneer of value, they are unknown so his answer is as good as anyone else but it is not proof of what they are and he can in no way prove his assertion and so they are not debunked.

Basically he is just blowing smoke and claiming case solved when he is patently no sherlock.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Thank you for that 1st video re-enactment...

Kids And Professors Encounter UFOs In School's Backyard For 2 Days In A Row | Close Encounters

I have never seen a UFO but that incident really nailed it for me. Thanks for a great thread

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

He is a nuclear physicist and has shown the evidence of his calculations. You are saying math lies?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Actually a nuclear physicist is more a particle physicist than an ornithologist, his math is neither here nor there and he could be a renaissance man for all it matters.

He is no expert in the field he is passing judgement upon, his qualifications in a laboratory or before a black board (or white board hate those markers - great fun to swap them out for permanent one's though forcing the application of some acetone to get rid of the fun) or these day's more likely in front of a workstation for his work - if he works in the field in which he is qualified.

I live not far from Martyn Mere, there are plenty of people that have no qualifications that could run circles around your friend when it comes' to ornithology.

Therefore I posit to you he is a Layman on this subject, his judgement is NOT equal to a pilot's or a person that is a skilled aviation observer or even an amateur ornithologist.

Bandying around his physics degree does not make him correct he is still a buffoon making fun of other people and pushing his claim to have solved a case completely out of the scope of his expertise.

One of his observation was interesting the temperature but did he even take into account Ambient temperature, altitude, wind chill among other factor's I seriously doubt it so even his bandying around of such claim's is also wrong, despite the low resolution of the instrument given that argument a bird's wing's are thinner, cooler and should have been less distinct in that case, a duck's body in particular has excellent thermal insulation so how hot would it appear, what variance on that would be notable due to any atmospheric heat from the sun etc, sorry I just don't buy it his explanation is pant's.

(one caveat, I am assuming HE is not an amateur ornithologist, which he may well be?).

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
curiosity brings our alien friends to us. They probably want to see what a primitive culture is up to, and if we can get ourselves out of the planetary messes we have put ourselves into. They are into checking our weaponry over the past many decades.

I think the earth is a run away bio weapon. We are quarantined. And aliens stay the hell away.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join