It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numbers Don't Lie

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have always wondered what the death rates are relative to the population of host countries for COVID so after reading on my town's local FB all the hysteria as it relates to COVID and decided to do some math (I tried sharing the truth in there and let me tell you was not worth it, the level of brainwashing by the media is total and complete, they are convinced we are all doomed from COVID... it's kind of sad). So here are the real numbers from this site per country, it's an entire scattergraph of data, so it's good stuff and is recent as of July 24, 2020... so let's do a little math problem and see who really had COVID the worse relative to their populations...

ourwor ldindata.org

USA: 144,000 deaths / 331,000,000 population = 0.0004%
Mexico: 41,908 deaths / 128,930,000 population = 0.0003%
UK: 45,554 deaths / 67,890,000 population = 0.0006%
Spain: 28,429 deaths / 46,750,000 population = 0.0006%
Italy: 35,092 / 60,460,000 population = 0.0005%

So as we can see in all of the world's hardest hit countries by COVID they all have a relative equal death rate, somewhere between 0.0003% to 0.0006%. We shut down economies over that, we killed even more people than the virus itself over these percentages... our media relentlessly attacks the President of the US as if he has done something much worse than any other country, when relatively speaking we have lower death rates than these smaller countries with more than less, half our population... some of them are only a quarter of our population. This just goes to show how powerful the media has become that a virus with a 0.0004% (that's thousandths) has caused the mass hysteria, panic, and chaos we have seen. The numbers do not lie: COVID IS NOT DANGEROUS TO THE AVERAGE PERSON!

There I said it and feel better. We have had the wool pulled over our eyes this time, TPTB got us good and we need to keep sharing this with everyone we know until the masses realize what has been done to us. I am double, tripling, quadrupling down, COVID-19 is a scam and it is not that dangerous to the general population.... it's all b.s. after running the numbers 5-6 months down the line in the "pandemic" I think its safe to say it's time to come out of our jail cells now (our homes) and take off our gags (masks).
edit on 24-7-2020 by av8r007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: av8r007

I'm lazy, I'll wait for someone to check your math, or to explain why some other metric is more important. But till then, nice thread.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The Democrats and MSM were hoping more died to attempt to pin more on Trump.
As it is, they basically say it’s all his fault anyway.
The Great Awakening is coming and it’s not going to be anything spiritual.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I'm lazy, I'll wait for someone to check your math, or to explain why some other metric is more important. But till then, nice thread.

So many have been saying this but its been drowned out by the frightened little mice. Let them leave thier masks on it makes thier squealing less loud and they are easier to identify.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Lies , Damn lies and statistics.
They may not matter to you but each one of those 144,000 deaths matter to the people who have lost anyone in that number , their percentage of the population makes no difference.

No doubt if there was a Democrat in the big chair those 144,000 deaths would be a bigger deal.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Not for nothin', but how many of those deaths are actually caused by Covid? Skip the "Covid can't kill on its own" crap, how many of those were because the person was infected which caused something to actually kill them and not just because they had it?

Until we know that, especially with all of the false results of testing, we can't assume the numbers are that high.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Do not derail the thread please with that emotional perspective. It's not about the 144,000 not mattering, but do not the other 330,856,000 people's lives matter too? Who have had their lives completely changed and disrupted by the hysteria, panic, and fear of covid? You think people's dreams don't matter? Their aspirations and hopes for their futures? Their jobs don't matter? The children going to school and socializing, growing, and learning doesn't matter? Nobody said the 144,000 didn't matter, but we are the living and life moves on. We have to move on and forward it is way of the world and humanity. Lost, but not forgotten, we move forward!

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

They may not matter to you but each one of those 144,000 deaths matter to the people who have lost anyone in that number , their percentage of the population makes no difference.

No doubt if there was a Democrat in the big chair those 144,000 deaths would be a bigger deal.

I agree that each of those lives mattered. But who's fault is the virus?
It's nature. People are going to die. Some from disease, some from accidents, and some from being old. I think what's lost here is looking at the number of deaths that would have occurred without covid, then see if THAT number warrants the reaction we gave it. Maybe it does, maybe not. This is all new territory.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: av8r007

There I said it and feel better. We have had the wool pulled over our eyes this time, TPTB got us good and we need to keep sharing this with everyone we know until the masses realize what has been done to us. I am double, tripling, quadrupling down, COVID-19 is a scam and it is not that dangerous to the general population.... it's all b.s. after running the numbers 5-6 months down the line in the "pandemic" I think its safe to say it's time to come out of our jail cells now (our homes) and take off our gags (masks).

I agree, but it's too late. The narrative and fear has been sown, economies destroyed, and views such as yours labelled as either insane, malicious or unpatriotic.

A very odd but fascinating feeling, isn't it? For the first time in a minority of people's relatively sane, well-behaved life-times so far, we suddenly find ourselves pitted 'against world opinion'.

Shall we move to Sweden, then?

TPTB didn't "get us good", though. There was no carefully organised plan set in motion. All this came about through a combination of sheer governmental incompetence, bozos bullied by a howling, demented media acting as despicably as we expected them to, leading to panicked government knee-jerking rather than common-sense or careful insight.

Welcome to the New Abnormal. Not a pre-planned New World Order, then, rather a scatter-brained, unfocused New World Disorder.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
here is this link www.dailymail.co.uk...

so the deaths are going back up but not as bad as was in april.......question is will they keep going up......and is one reason it is not as high......a lot of the most vunerable were already killed off in the first wave.

also saw some babies are getting it and dying....it is a small percentage but seemed new.

another question what kind of flu season will we have...seems like many people have ongoing problems from having covid 19 if they catch the flu wlll they have it worse than they normally would have before catching the covid 19

a reply to: ConfusedBrit

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Looks like on average, about 55K people a week died in the US in 2019.
www.cdc.gov...
That was before covid.

this post isn't political in nature, it's purely factual. If it's wrong, please post the source and correct info.
edit on 24-7-2020 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I know you like feelings over stats. But I thought I'd share.

Leading causes of Death Annually in US:

Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
Covid: 144,000
Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173
edit on 24-7-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Also, yes, the deaths are a bigger deal to the Dems. Not because they care about human health. They care about crafting a narative to benefit them and make them look virtuous. it's been happening for decades. They get the black communities vote, then do nothing.

How do you not see this?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have a new campaign slogan for trump to assure he wins the WH once again.

"Hey, it wasn't that bad"
edit on 24-7-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

The Democrats and MSM were hoping more died to attempt to pin more on Trump.
As it is, they basically say it’s all his fault anyway.
The Great Awakening is coming and it’s not going to be anything spiritual.

I'm wondering if the draconian lockdown measures were actually an attempt to increase the death toll, since Sweden's no-lockdown approach is yielding practically the same numbers as the rest.

Swedish epidemiology boss says questioned COVID-19 strategy seems to be working

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

They don’t matter to me at all . People die from the flu all the time . Can you stop that you supporter of globalism ?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision
I know you like feelings over stats. But I thought I'd share.

Leading causes of Death Annually in US:

Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
Covid: 144,000
Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

I'm not griping at you. This is interesting. 144,000 deaths w/Covid. That seems to be the metric these days. I've got to ask "How many of those 144,000 actually died from one of the others on your list, but, are part of the 144,000 because they had either a positive test or it was attributed to Covid?" I've heard about the guy killed in a motorcycle crash that was listed as having tested positive. How many of those people might have died in this time frame if we didn't have Covid. We'll find out a few years down the road. Another statistic that isn't being counted is how many people died because they were afraid to seek medical attention during the shutdown? My Brother in Law was diagnosed with Cancer the end of February and couldn't start chemo because of the shut down. When he had a chance to start, the scan showed that the Cancer had grown. It was touch and go there for a bit, but, it looks like the chemo is starting to take hold.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

Can you stop that you supporter of globalism ?

No I can't stop that nor am I a supporter of globalism but these deaths were largely preventable and could have been lessened if appropriate action had been taken.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Great questions. Maybe a better question is: Can we really trust the data from the CDC? How accurate are the numbers plus or minus? Is it possible to really know? I guess it gives us a 'general' idea of where things stand. We will prolly never know the real numbers as testing respiratory conditions is shotty at best at this point in time. Sorry about your brother. Sending him good vibes.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Thenail

Can you stop that you supporter of globalism ?

No I can't stop that nor am I a supporter of globalism but these deaths were largely preventable and could have been lessened if appropriate action had been taken.

Trump shuts down the border = racist

Trump keeps border open = incompetent

Which one is it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join