It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible has been on earth for quite some time now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The Bible, a set of books and letters has been among us for some time now.

A book to control people according to some, a book to find freedom when you read it for others, a book to find a god.

It's the book most sold so far if I'm not mistaken.

It's a book from God and a book to deceive to you.
It's full of lies about the past and it's the story of history.

Humanity can't seem to agree on what it exactly is.

As far as some consider it's simply a part of evolution with no meaning leaving us with the idea we're simply offspring of apes in the twilight zone.

Wisdom is man made, just like the Bible.

We are lords as well as slaves of evolution and we want to control, hence why The Bible was written by some of the best, or is it the worst, stardust.

The Bible is a crutch for the ones simply not fit for the survival of the fittest.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Depends on how you are wired.

Predisposition to religion has a innate element. For whatever reason some can't even fake having it.

The underlying appeal are the psychodramatic benefits of "faith". You can reference a footprints poster for that one.

You mention survival of the fittest. Adverse situations and the benefit of prayer to an individual is the tell.

It the snake pit most facing a proverbial dead-end will find comfort in believing Deus Ex Machina will come and lift them from harm. And all they need do is believe.

It is faith, magic, secrets, gnosticism, psychdrama, Step 1, whatever you want to call it, the peace that the power of your _____ can be answered.

So while it is a "crutch", it's a silly beneficial one that only does harm bombing abortion clinics. And most people find value in it, the faith might be bombing.

And lucky them. They literally can feel more protected in the toughest of times, and no matter how much of delusion people call it, it still will hold benefit.

However, there also an increasing number of People, millenials especially, that can't use the [insert godform here]. In that same pit first they'd try look for the way out, then descend through a list of things they can do or get done WITHOUT relying on an (a)causal third party agent.

Only the real, visceral things hold value. To them the abstractions (ideas) most people can move on are null and void.

I somewhat envy the religiously wired.

A great example is AA. The ability to believe in something that exists as a matter of faith to overcome yourself. Consider a person in rehab.

Mindset 1: I believe that by believing in god, and this program, I can overcome my extreme drug addiction through the power of...

Mindset 2: I believe that by locking myself up with a bunch of other people trying to do the same thing as me I can occupy my mind enough and remove the stimulus to...

Different wiring, but as long as they stop breaking into my car or trying to sell me the things they stole from Wal-Mart, what's the harm?
edit on 24-7-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Wax poetic? bit of a fail there 69, should have put in a bit more effort

Anyway, whatever it is to any individual a book of history it can’t be denied. Though unlike any historical book it doesn’t pretend, put up curtains and cushions, daub cheap trinkets in fact it clouds history in a serious dark, bleak and at times so unnervingly ugly narrative, it’s hard to read.
Unlike our hero’s of Greece, Rome, the gods and kings of Egypt, never falling, never failing conquering all before them, Israel, what a mess of humanity, what a bucket of bizarre, airing not just their failures but their deep and depressing personal failings, greed and crimes.

It’s not a book of pretends, it’s raw and it’s a real look at true ancient history

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. A book of history, prophecy, wisdom, all inspired by the Spirit Jehovah.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Yes scripture now the Bible.

Is in a league by itself.

None of the other literary Works include prophecies especially prophecies that have a good track record.

It has mathematically impossible odds the circumstances.

Chuck Missler in his mathematical buddies in military buddies and science friends say that scripture proves that we're in a digital stimulation in this life.

How you like your scripture now .... the Quran has no prophecies that looks about as thick as a comic book compared to the literary work called in the Bible so that knocks that one out

edit on 24-7-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Of course the Bible has the answer to any problem you might run into in this world in it.

No other literary work has that or even close.

For instance the Bible says that if someone takes something of yours do not try to go get it back

a reply to: GBP/JPY

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I wonder why Trump pitched first pitch to an empty stadium?

What does baseball have to do with 2012 Opening Olympic CEREMONY?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Religion was a powerful template for society to use when we were starting, later government became a better template, both are now effectively useless on the cutting edge of humanity, so we hope that the next template will be better than the last.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

What does this have to do with the bible?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The Bible has no ability to control people.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It controls their emotions which is something not of themselves emotions are different than the thought.

Emotions come from somewhere else

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

The Bible has no ability to control people.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

originally posted by: Flesh699

What does this have to do with the bible?

You tell me.
Have a fantastic day!

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

So far I like Degradation33's answer the most.

The official canon of scriptures (Roman, and Roman derived) has been with us for 1700 years or so. In all that time, dozens of people have read it.

Bibles are like guns.

They are mass produced for sale.
Some buy them because they've been told they need one.
Some to add to a collection.
Some to practice eye/hand coordination, such as precision target shooting.
Some to get food.
Some to threaten other people.
Some to brag to peers about relative size.
Some to fit in with their peer group.
Some even kill people.

Now, alluding to wheresthebody's post:

Neither Bibles nor Guns seem to have brought us to an end all, be all state.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Predisposition to religion has a innate element. For whatever reason some can't even fake having it.
Only the real, visceral things hold value. To them the abstractions (ideas) most people can move on are null and void.

It took me a while to find this commercial because I couldn't remember what was being advertised. After watching TV long enough for it to play again:

(disclaimer: I'm not advertising any product or service, just showing animals)

ETA
Further disclaimer: I do not imply that people with the predisposition are somehow higher on the food chain than those without.
edit on 24-7-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Those who fear the darkness have not seen the might of the light...bright.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   

The Bible is a crutch for the ones simply not fit for the survival of the fittest.

How old are you? And what inspired you to make a thread about
a book you obviously haven't even read? Am I defending here?
Nope the Bible and scripture needs no one to defend it. Time
and time again empires and tyrants have tried wipe it from
existence. And yet it remains. I'm just curious what gives you
the gall with your minimal knowledge of both the word and survival.
With all your extensive time on this planet. What gives you the idea
you can make some bombastic bull# judgement? And don't even
get me started on the audacity of this worthless failure.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Twilight zone ape human theory.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yes, and reality is stranger than fiction.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Somewhere between 65-68AD, a man wrote a prophecy, which you can find in the Bible:

2 Peter 3: 3-7 NIV

Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

Is your post prophecy fulfilled? Yes, but you're not the first or the last that will scoff at God's word, not by a long shot. You might say, "Well that's just a given. An ambiguous prophecy that could apply to any person at any point in time." Yes, but it doesn't change the fact that it is truth. You did scoff, did you not?

We are in the last days. That fact will become apparent shortly, if it hasn't already. God is literally holding back destruction, to save as many as possible.

The Bible is chock full of fulfilled prophecies that line up with history. The beasts of Revelation are about to fulfill some more prophecy. Keep your eyes peeled, things are going to get ugly.

edit on 25-7-2020 by Freth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join