It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous NyT article is out?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tjocksteffe

Agreed, me and many others were expecting more. Bad article overall

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
And once upon a time the Sunday Observer (a UK National Newspaper) printed this.

All exciting stuff about dead alien bodies recovered from UFOs that crashed in the New Mexico desert.

Full article : Link Here

Buyers beware that many of the same personalities who propagated this are still around today.
edit on 24/7/2020 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Its like reading a modern article. Nothing has changed all these years which is worthy of research in itself. I also see Timothy in there, where ever is that soul

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It is nothing new to people who follow the issue, but it is quite new to those who do not. Published by the NYT, which has made fun of the issue for 70 years, is a bigger deal than a 'nothing burger."

The New York Times has definitely not "made fun of the issue" for 70 years. Perhaps you should read this article (one of many from the early 1960s):

The full image of the article where UFOs are literally called "serious business":

Air Force Order On Saucers Cited

Our collective amnesia on this subject has allowed the same scams and falsehoods to be endlessly recycled.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: coursecatalog

It is nothing new to people who follow the issue, but it is quite new to those who do not. Published by the NYT, which has made fun of the issue for 70 years, is a bigger deal than a 'nothing burger."

The New York Times has definitely not "made fun of the issue" for 70 years. Perhaps you should read this article (one of many from the early 1960s):

The full image of the article where UFOs are literally called "serious business":

Our collective amnesia on this subject has allowed the same scams and falsehoods to be endlessly recycled.

For the most part MSM has made light of the situation. It's mostly "ohh, people saw something in the sky tonight" as a wrap up story that they will never follow up on or look into seriously. Even when there is a "serious" article they never follow up (they kind of do that with everything anyhow, MSM lol) and will easily post the govs "it was a weather balloon" statements with out any critical analysis. Even with these new "bombshell" articles they aren't telling us anything we haven't known for years. As usually the MSM and gov is years behind the public on fessing up to what is known to be true.

The gov knows so much more and they are hiding it and we know it. The videos that the pentagon "released" (I'm an air quote binge I know) also came with a statement that the videos were only as long as what we saw and they have no other videos like that. We know that is a total lie and the MSM has done nothing to questions it. It's so obvious the videos had been going for a bit when they start and the incident is still going when they stop. One person says in a video "there is a fleet of them" and we are supposed to believe there is no more audio/video/radar about that?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
WE DID IT!!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!

If you have any basic reasoning/analytical ability and have followed this story for the past three years (pentagon denials then official confirmation) then you will quickly realize that in the next several months the PENTAGON/DoD will put out an OFFICIAL statement that:

" WE HAVE RECOVERED CRASH UFO MATERIAL"

edit on 24-7-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Please stop your nonsense...you have been repeatedly wrong on this story....over..and over....
My god when will you throw in the towel....!!

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
WE DID IT!!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!

If you have any basic reasoning/analytical ability and have followed this story for the past three years (pentagon denials then official confirmation) then you will quickly realize that in the next several months the PENTAGON/DoD will put out an OFFICIAL statement that:

" WE HAVE RECOVERED CRASH UFO MATERIAL"

I look forward to this but am in no way holding my breath.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And so it begins------------------------>>>

WE HAVE DISCLOSURE

www.popularmechanics.com... utm_campaign=socialflowTWPOP&socialflowTW&__twitter_impression=true

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM
Talk about a nothing burger if this was the article that was touted all month long in other platforms(reddit-twitter etc) from ufologys youngest and finest

article

Eric W. Davis, an astrophysicist who worked as a subcontractor and then a consultant for the Pentagon U.F.O. program since 2007, said that, in some cases, examination of the materials had so far failed to determine their source and led him to conclude, “We couldn’t make it ourselves.” The constraints on discussing classified programs — and the ambiguity of information cited in unclassified slides from the briefings — have put officials who have studied U.F.O.s in the position of stating their views without presenting any hard evidence. Mr. Davis, who now works for Aerospace Corporation, a defense contractor, said he gave a classified briefing to a Defense Department agency as recently as March about retrievals from “off-world vehicles not made on this earth.”

I do not consider this a nothingburger.

You have to understand who the audience is, and the perceived credibility this report will have.

Quite frankly I am curious to what exactly you were expecting.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Also from the article:

Public fascination with the topic of U.F.O.s has drawn in President Trump, who told his son Donald Trump Jr. in a June interview that he knew “very interesting” things about Roswell — a city in New Mexico that is central to speculation about the existence of U.F.O.s. The president demurred when asked if he would declassify any information on Roswell. “I’ll have to think about that one,” he said.
I did not know this.

Um - unless there is more to that interview than I saw - he was not speaking about Roswell when he said he knew some interesting things or about declassification. It was about the UFO phenomenon in general.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Way more with all the advertisement this article got in various platforms. As per joe murgia this would be THE article to end all articles.

Here is a correction too on said article

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

WE HAVE DISCLOSURE

www.popularmechanics.com... utm_campaign=socialflowTWPOP&socialflowTW&__twitter_impression=true

Did I miss something? When did the pentagon say they had crashed vehicles not from this Earth?

I thought it was just Davis and Elizondo making those claims....

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Don't bury the lead though my dude! Here we have in plain sight, someone admitting that the US gov has an alien craft!

Now if only the Brazilians would tell us about the those aliens they scooped up way back when (it was an incident my sibling told me about in Brazil, got witnesses and all!)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

With that clarification we are left with the word of Eric Davis.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shere Khaan

WE HAVE DISCLOSURE

Did I miss something? When did the pentagon say they had crashed vehicles not from this Earth?

I thought it was just Davis and Elizondo making those claims....

You did not miss anything. Many people seem to have a reading comprehension problem.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You did not miss anything. Many people seem to have a reading comprehension problem.
That, plus popular mechanics loves the clicks they get from misleading "clickbait" headlines, but Eric Davis is not a pentagon spokesperson and I wouldn't trust anything Eric Davis or Hal Puthoff says as far as I can throw them. Let's see what the pentagon spokesperson says, though how can we trust anything they say either after they have contradicted themselves in previous statements on this topic? And the pentagon spokesperson seems to have clammed up when asked "isn't the air force the military branch that's supposed to defend US air space and did they confirm any of the Navy's UFO claims just off the coast with their radar systems?" The Air Force did some research into that question, as discovered through FOIA, but the pentagon spokesperson didn't release that research.

I think the only way to get truth is to ignore generalizations with no details, and then examine closely what details we have to see what claims might be supported by those details. Jesse Marcel thought this had alien writing on it and he tried to convince others' it's "not from this Earth" as documented in an air force report on a "flying disk" Marcel recovered. Some people apparently believe Marcel that it's alien, so if he's right, then yes we have recovered material from alien craft that apparently traveled between the stars using something made of thin foil and balsa wood sticks coated in glue held together by scotch tape (from "The Roswell Report, Fact versus Fiction in the New Mexico Desert", USAF, 1995, page 975):

So there's your evidence of material from an alien craft if you believe the man holding it, Jesse Marcel. If there's other evidence, of other alien parts, let's not hastily jump to any conclusions until we see the evidence, since most of us don't think Marcel was right that's "not from this earth" as he said.

edit on 2020724 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Re: Eric Davis

Lying to conceal or deflect from a classified program is not illegal and is in fact encouraged in certain situations.

Let's say Davis really did brief senate staff members about a classfied program unrelated to UFOs. Here he would be using a UFO smokescreen to deflect from the real nature of the briefing. He would not be the first to do this.

Also lying to the New York Times is completely legal.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
WE HAVE VIDEO!!!!! ALIEN CRAFT RECOVERED!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Sounds great, is it mere fragments? Or a bonafide sport model full extra with twin turbos-ashtray and all that?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join