It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC Drops F-Bomb On House Floor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
One of the points I wanted to make is that the quoting of the F-word by AOC happened on the Congress floor, when she could have used a shortened version of it. What happened to the class and decorum in one of the highest institution of the country? IMO foul language has no place in such a respectable venue.

And I already made the other point that in my opinion the Congressman should apologize for that kind of language towards a female colleague. As I said I'm no fan of AOC and she needs to be confronted head on about her destructive policies without name calling.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: miri2019
She puts the ass in classy.
Her family must be so proud.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I think it's worse what Bill Clinton did in the Oval Office.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I guess I'm confused. Is she saying that bad mouthing another in government is wrong? If so, will we stop hearing them talk ugly about Trump, or is that different?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

You mean, AOC formally quotes the F Bomb and B Word that Sen Yoho called her in the Capital steps" on the House floor.

It;s one thing to have name calling on the steps it another thing to do it on the floor.
I would imagine there has been all kinds of name calling on the outside of of the building in the past.
She could be censured for doing it on the floor, but I doubt that Nancy has the guts to do it.
edit on 23-7-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is kinda what it's come to. You have a president, who is no leader, no leading by example, none. He has talked plenty of sh#t, it emboldens everyone one below, because..sh#t flows downhill. No, he does not swear, but pretty bombastic at times.

The bar has been set, and it's low.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Was it aired unedited? Does she owe some serious FCC fines now? Suspend her from the House until she’s all paid up...

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: miri2019
IMO foul language has no place in such a respectable venue.

The venue of Congress is not respectable and hasn't been for decades. Sorry, but Congress is one of the largest conglomerations of untried criminals, liars, philanderers, race baiters, manipulators, thieves, and whores you can find anywhere in this nation... all in one place... all on the floor of Congress. It's no more "respectable" than the tiles underneath a dive bar's urinal.
edit on 23-7-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

So you're saying AOC can't control herself but it isn't her fault?

Sorry... your whataboutism deflection here is confusing me.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

You mean, AOC formally quotes the F Bomb and B Word that Sen Yoho called her in the Capital steps" on the House floor.

It;s one thing to have name calling on the steps it another thing to do it on the floor.

Really? You think Congress is too genteel to hear the actual words that were levied at AOC?

The thing is, they're complaining about systemic sexism in government, and using this exchange is an example of that. While it may be true that there is systemic sexism in government, I'd be willing bet that just as many men in government are being called "#ing dicks" or "#ing cocks" just as often, if not more often than women are being called "#ing bitches".

Meh

edit on 23-7-2020 by Sookiechacha because: sexism..not racism

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What else would you expect from a bartender?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: vonclod

So you're saying AOC can't control herself but it isn't her fault?

Sorry... your whataboutism deflection here is confusing me.

No, she owns it, same as Yoho(whatever his name is) It just is what it is. As you said, the place is a den of snakes anyway..with or without Trump. But Trump has introduced some pretty unpresidential speech towards others(he gets some back as well), so any semblance of mutual respect, is, and has been going out the window further.
Everybody own's their own actions, I will agree.

Just my opinion the bar has been set lower than previous.
edit on 23-7-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Trump says # all the time and you #ing gumps love it

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
AOC: "Hi Ted!"
Ted Yoho: "Yo, Ho!"
AOC:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: miri2019
What happened to the class and decorum in one of the highest institution of the country?

Bwuahahahahaha

Do you really not know?

what a joke

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Jesus, you wake kneed bass turds would not make one day in the effing military.

link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Really? You think Congress is too genteel to hear the actual words that were levied at AOC?

The thing is, they're complaining about systemic sexism in government, and using this exchange is an example of that. While it may be true that there is systemic racism in government, I'd be willing bet that just as many men in government are being called "#ing dicks" or "#ing cocks" just as often, if not more often than women are being called "#ing bitches".

Meh

There are no rules outside of the building there are rules on the floor of congress. I would expect any congress person to be censured for breaking the rules regardless of party. Without rules we would have fist fights on the floor, would you really want that?

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
AOC: "Hi Ted!"
Ted Yoho: "Yo, Ho!"
AOC:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep
Off topic, but I have to ask..Hows your eyes?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I don't believe that AOC broke any rules by quoting the Congressman's exact wording into the official record.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join