It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Rogan Experience #1511 - Oliver Stone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

This is a really great interview with Oliver Stone. It covers his time in Vietnam and of course the JFK assignation and some surprises as well from one of the most honest film makers of our time. In my opinion it is well worth the time involved to view it.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Cool
What does he say about Epstein?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Let me just say that the topic does come up.a reply to: Granby

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Let me just say that the topic does come up.a reply to: Granby

I know
That is why I asked

According to Stone

"There is nothing there"

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Granby

I thought he said he wasn't going to touch it. Which, if my memory serves me correctly is a vastly different message.

Edit: Here's the clip.

Stone does say he's staying away from it. But he also asked Joe if he thought Epstein was killed. While Joe was saying yes, Stone says "seems like it"... Which I extrapolate as Stone agreeing it looks like he was killed. Though if I'm playing devils advocate, it could be likely he was saying it seems like Joe thinks Epstein was killed. Though I doubt that given the context. Conversations aren't always black and white as they are fluid and real time, So while I don't think that was the case, it may have been.

edit on 23-7-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I did like Joes comment that the story of Epstein's island was " A conspiracy theorists wet dream". a reply to: Granby

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

My favorite take away from this was when Stone revealed he had dosed his dad with acid one night after he had returned home from war.

I found that deeply insightful to who Stone is. And I'll start with the caveat he said his dad was fine and almost seemed to enjoy himself... But I understand many would find that very wrong, and for the most part I'd agree. I appreciated that he shared it so much because it shows that rebellious side of Stone. And the reason I said for the most part I'd agree is because he said him and his dad were fighting about the war itself. His dad was justifying it, and so from Stone's perspective, his father was willing to say with our exceptionalism we're never wrong, we just have the opportunity for learning on future wars. Stone had just come back from that war, so to hear that I'm sure was a slap in the face someone so loved was willing to impose something on him in such a deep manner. I think he did that as a way to impose something on him.

I'm not going to say it's OK, because that's not. But I certainly understand and appreciate Stone, and more importantly his work after having that insight.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I watched this yesterday and I can't say for sure obviously but Stone came off as disingenuous to me at times. I felt like he was heavily embelishing the story of his own past much like he did with the story in his JFK movie. Also, his reaction to the Epstein question was weird as well. Did he know him?
edit on 23-7-2020 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

What parts did you feel he embellished?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Stone's "Untold History of the United States" is one of my favorite documentary series. Very eye-opening. I can't wait to listen to this podcast.
Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

After watching the interview I'm keen to watch "Untold History".

I really enjoyed the interview, I would have liked to hear more on his theories about Dulles and the assassination, lots of stuff I would have liked Joe to ask.

Most of all it really made me want to watch Platoon again. Such an incredibly good film.

new topics

top topics

join