It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Mural Gets Removed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well, I guess a real estate agent over in California came up with a solid argument for being able to create a MAGA 2020 mural on the street. So, instead of approving or denying the request they decided to erase the BLM mural and make a statement that road graffiti is dangerous.

Dailywire link
edit on 2372020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
Well, I guess a real estate agent over in California came up with a solid argument for being able to create a MAGA 2020 mural on the street. So, instead of approving or denying the request they decided to erase the BLM mural and make a statement that road graffiti is dangerous.

Dailywire link

Love it! TDS is strong on the left coast.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

It should be moved to a museum.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Typical juvenile lefties. All's fair until successfully challenged, then it's time to change the rules. What pathetic POS's.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Was it TDS though, or just racism on part of the BLM people?
From the OP's link;

He told The Washington Post, “I’m not upset the piece is being taken down because it’s just words on the street. It doesn’t represent real change. What is upsetting and frustrating is someone who disagrees with the thought of Black Lives Matter has the audacity to come out with … a comparable counter punch to Black Lives Matter. That to me is disgusting.

The bolded part is what got me. It wasn't that the message was removed, but rather that somebody had a counter punch to the BLM that is the issue? Really...
From the same source as above;

Based on a single complaint by a white woman, the City Council unilaterally decided to remove the mural and did so despite receiving numerous requests from the community to keep it.

How is getting permission to make a differing political opinion a complaint? Again this seems to be an issue that has racisms at it's core more than it does TDS. A friend of mine calls it "Negrocalypse"( He was a member of black army for justice, or something like that back in the 60s and 70s). He defines it as activists pretending to be working it favor of the Black Community, but in reality are destroying it through their ideology of "good intentions". He likes it when we go for drives and I stop the car so he can yell at white people holding up BLM signs at street corners.
edit on 23-7-2020 by Guyfriday because: It posted for no reason before I was doen.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Remember back when people where writing on the side walk with chalk as a form of protest and then the cops pepper sprayed them?

let me see;

oh wow AZ did it last month

Have your face lookin' Spicy!

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

What's your point?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

It should be moved to a museum.

Naw chunks are making thier way to ebay just like the Berlin wall

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

What's your point?

I think Lysergic's point was that he likes pepper spray on his eggs.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Maybe they want to eat chalk again without being demonized once again.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The MAGA 2020 should still go up...lol

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Not that I'm agreeing with Lysergic whatever his point is, but back in the Navy we used to spray a little bit of OC spray on our hotdogs.

It's actually not that bad lmao.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think Lysergic's point was that he likes pepper spray on his eggs.

The smell of napalm in the morning is so much better...just saying...

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

How is MAGA 2020 a counter to Black Lives Matter?

They don’t really relate. Unless MAGA 2020 stands for white supremacy.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The point is all political speech is protected and must be afforded equal representation on public property.

Which is why I am putting up a Baphomet statue in the park around the corner from me.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The thing is that the whole thing is BS. The BLM murals have been protected as free speech, but anyone else's attempts at free speech were squelched. Even the people who brought up the point that it can be a hazard and that covering up road markings could lead to confusion and accidents were accused of being racist.

But now that some real estate lady made a sound reason for putting down a MAGA 2020 mural, they decided instead of trying to come up with some BS reason why she couldn't do so to just remove the BLM mural and say no more. It has nothing to do with the black voice being silenced by the white voice.

It's the government's inability to be impartial and do their job to ensure that the right to express one's self. Why can't someone put MAGA 2020 on the streets? That doesn't suppress BLM. If you get offended by something and feel triggered that's a personal problem.

This is some school grade childishness. It's remarkably similar to when children can't get along during art time and the teacher just removes everything, and says "This is why we can't have nice things."

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The point is all political speech is protected and must be afforded equal representation on public property.

Which is why I am putting up a Baphomet statue in the park around the corner from me.

Well, me being atheist — go Baphomet!

Yes, but is BLM really political? Seems to me it’s much more than that. Anyway, just an observation that BLM & MAGA are not opponents — unless MAGA is about whites.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Well, I think this goes without saying, but there are many people who think that MAGA and anything related to that platform is symbolic of white supremacy.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Yes, but is BLM really political?

It's 100% about free speech. They frequently cite political aims as part of their overall platform so if they are allowed to paint slogans on the street you 100% have to permit the neo-Nazi group, if they want, to spray paint 'white power' as well.

Don't like the latter? Then don't permit the former.

edit on 23-7-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Hell, we may as well take graffiti back to it's roots and start putting political messages on any and all surfaces like back in the ancient Italian days.

Why stop someone from putting up a message or another from responding?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join