It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Better Solution for Fear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Whether Christian or Atheist, or somewhere in between, you do not have
to fear a virus. There's no less than a hundred books that have been
written on the latent power that resides within every individual.

Authors such as Thomas Troward, Neville Goddard and Joseph Murphy
have paved the way for man to understand in principle and practice
the power that resides within everyone.

If you're not careful, the media will keep you distracted, and
despondent. I know there is a better solution.

Turn off their trash and peruse positive material that you might
find beneficial.

Great Truths That Set Us Free by Joseph Murphy
(Free material if you use Google)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

In life, there is a perpetual choice between living in fear and living in love, all emotions and reactions stem from this choice.

Most (if not all) of the popular media/politics is designed to keep us in fear, they give us an enemy and a hero which are just reflections of each other, both trying to scare the hell out of us.

You should be cautious of this illness though, out of love for the people around you.
edit on 23-7-2020 by wheresthebody because: clarity

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
if we look into the mirror of life, it gives us the secret to understand what life is about

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Fear shuts down the part of your brain that reasons and thinks.

It puts you in survival mode, like a snowball rolling downhill it feeds off itself. People that are in a state of fear start to see more things that they should be afraid of, whether real or perceived.

That’s a big reason why the talking heads on TV report mainly negative stories. It’s not that there is never anything good in the world happening, scared people are much easier to manipulate and almost always respond with their emotions instead of logical thinking.

Great post!

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Fear ain't all bad, has kept us alive as a species over million of years. Does have a place. Nothing to fear but fear its self? Been a while since it has hit me hard, can crap one up.

Is it real? Just our imagination at times? Don't be silly as this world can hit hard. Is it our daemons keeping us down or an actual threat that will really hurt?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

fear vs caution?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

That’s just dumb
Anyone who has an existing illness should be very concerned of the virus, that’s ludicrous to suggest otherwise

I just thought it was christians who believed stupid tv evangelists deserved to be called out for foolishness, evidently not

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
DP oops
But it’s still dumb to ignore viruses, they kill people every year and always have
Common sense is not common evidently
edit on 23-7-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

fear vs caution?

Tough call. Just how real is the threat? Is it an imaginary bogyman under the bed? Is it a fake death threat in the mail? Is it a real death action with the gunman at the door?

The paranoid do survive in some ways.
edit on 23-7-2020 by kwakakev because: grammer

edit on 23-7-2020 by kwakakev because: spelling

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

There's a balance in there somewhere

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Total paranoia is total awareness

Charles Manson

he also said "Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?"

He of course was crazier than a shi*house rat.

No total fear,chronic fear wears your brain out, synapses keep firing a non existing threats, so much so you can't identify real ones. Especially when daily life isn't in survival mode, your mind can only stand that hyped up "awareness" for so long. The media perpetuates it over and over daily it you even half way listen to that dribble you are going to go crazy.
edit on 23-7-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

find beneficial.

I have a copy of The Prehistory of The Far Side, by Gary Larson in my bathroom.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I think I get your meaning...covid19 is caused by the fear of covid19 and not by a virus.

So no need to wear a mask or wash our hands. Sounds about right...

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is the best thread on ATS today. I wish I could keep the truth of the posts here as my focus instead of the negativity of the media.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

covid19 is caused by the fear of covid19 and not by a virus.

I thought that the message was:
If you read the right self-help book, the virus can't hurt you.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I recently used a power (maybe latent, maybe Flying Spaghetti Monster) to get a message. This is what I got:

What if nothing ...

no

Nothing Tom tells me ...

no ... Okay, must be:

If what Tom tells me is true, then we have nothing to worry about.

Wait!
I just realized that I can read it as a question too:

If nothing Tom tells me is true, then what have we to worry about?

OH NO!
If Tom tells me nothing, then what we have to worry about is true.

Maybe you're Tom?

The last time I talked to a Tom, he told me hyphen-doofinator.
He challenged me to write a story featuring said thing.

Unfortunately, I went with the stereotypical multi-universe(reality) theme in which the hyphen-doofinator existed in only one. That particular universe was top of the list for realities to avoid.

I may just be on the verge of PANIC!

edit on 23-7-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes, it is in there twice for a reason.

Proverbs 27:12 - A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge; but the simple pass on, and suffer for it.

Proverbs 22:3 - A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge; but the simple pass on, and suffer for it.

edit on 23-7-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The media perpetuates it over and over daily it you even half way listen to that dribble you are going to go crazy.

This platform we are on right now (can't name it because criticizing it is against the rules) is media also. I see stuff repeated over and over, no matter how many times it gets de-bunked.

So yes, I do take breaks, sometimes short (2 or 3 months) sometimes long ( a year), but when I return, it's the same old place. Only a couple more friends banned, a couple more on break.

"Well you can leave here
for eight days in space,
but when you return
it's the same old place."

edit on 23-7-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: putnam6

The media perpetuates it over and over daily it you even half way listen to that dribble you are going to go crazy.

This platform we are on right now (can't name it because criticizing it is against the rules) is media also. I see stuff repeated over and over, no matter how many times it gets de-bunked.

So yes, I do take breaks, sometimes short (2 or 3 months) sometimes long ( a year), but when I return, it's the same old place. Only a couple more friends banned, a couple more on break.

"Well you can leave here
for eight days in space,
but when you return
it's the same old place."

Yes its true this too is media but ATS has a broad base persons of varying ideas,thought and intelligence and at least we can see and read opposing views most times and get some what of a balance. Yes you have to wade through the chaffe but there are still some nuggets here, most of the rest including social media is just white noise for me at least.

Man my Dad (RIP) loved Jan(RIP) and Dean listened to a lot of their music, playing pool with him and my brother and sisters in our old dusty basement. Told us the irony of Dead's man curve and the car wreck, we loved their tunes too

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq

Authors such as Thomas Troward, Neville Goddard and Joseph Murphy
have paved the way for man to understand in principle and practice
the power that resides within everyone.

If you're not careful, the media will keep you distracted, and
despondent. I know there is a better solution.

find beneficial.

Great Truths That Set Us Free by Joseph Murphy
(Free material if you use Google)

Well said. We have a CHOICE in how we respond to things we're told, learn or inherently know -- be afraid of it, or not.

I choose to not be afraid. It's of no use to the body, fear just weakens us, literally. Therefore, willingness to look at something from a different, fear-free objective perspective SHOULD be hailed as a sign of the opposite -- a measure of strength (as a personal virtue, not a bragging point)

People keep poo-pooing that, and I can't figure out why. Lambasting that route in favor of fear and overreaction seems....retarded.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join