It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half life Alyx... a new level of reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
When the first half life came out years ago, it was a huge leap in graphical games...

Then Half life 2 emerged, and again... the game was the standard for realism in gaming!

Now Half life Alyx is here... but now we have Virtual Reality thats actually worth buying

And they did it again!! Half Life Alyx is the new standard for AAA VR games!

It is crazy how realistic the environments are... almost like looking into a window of a whole other world

I've played a lot of VR games, but this one surprised me... so unbelievably detailed it will blow your mind!

Look into it if you get the chance

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

This dude is annoying as hell, but it looks great.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Alright... at 1:07 he hit where i had to stop... no spoilers for me

but ya... mind blowing realism!

This game is above all other games ever made....

To be continued........

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Im all in on VR...

but.. Im waiting for 1 more generation of headsets...

All of them are right on the cusp..

If they can create a headset that has all he positives of the Occulus Quest, and all the positives of the HTC Vive Pro, with none of the negatives of either. Ill put down the $600 instantly.

Occulus has the experience down pat, HTC has the quality down pat...

The next round should be awesome!

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I only really appreciated the stature of a Vortigaunt when I stood next to one , Half life Alyx allowed me to do that , it's also one of the most frightening games I've played.

I think Half life Alyx is hands down the best VR game on the market , the attention to detail in the game world is stunning , I hope its reminded Valve who they are and why they're where they are and we finally see HL3.

edit on 22-7-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Im all in on VR...

but.. Im waiting for 1 more generation of headsets...

All of them are right on the cusp..

If they can create a headset that has all he positives of the Occulus Quest, and all the positives of the HTC Vive Pro, with none of the negatives of either. Ill put down the $600 instantly.

Occulus has the experience down pat, HTC has the quality down pat...

The next round should be awesome!

Why wait? Seriously... this game is a testament to how good VR is now. And its only getting better...

The Quest S will be coming out soon... but the fact is you will never see the quality of tethered VR on wireless

There is already a lot of great headsets out there... unfortunately VR isn't cheap, but IF you can afford it jump in

The Rift S is very affordable, and is an excellent quality headset... and don't get me wrong the quest is awesome... its amazing being wireless, but its just not as good as tethered.. and i highly doubt it ever will be

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Alyx is awesome. I dont pay for many games but i had to buy that on day 1, finished it by the next evening. Just breathtaking

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What system?

I do not like I would need a new PC and the VR and the game! Looks good though!

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

PCVR only... for good reason

sorry

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

PCVR only... for good reason

sorry

What do you have to drop for a complete good system?

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

IF you build it yourself which isn't hard, you could get away with spending a grand IF you find some nice used parts on the net... You'll need a vid card with at least 6g of Vram, more is better obviously

i'd recommend an i7 cpu as well...

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
What system?

I do not like I would need a new PC and the VR and the game! Looks good though!

Me either, but star wars squadrons (release 2 october) and MS flight simulator 2020 (release date august 18 but not vr) is tempting me. So without fully commiting I have upgraded my old pc (i7-3770) with a new gtx 1660 graphics card for under USD$200 that should run most games at slightly reduced settings. Might wait to see the specs of next occulus quest (leaked release date September 15) before making any further commiments.

new topics

top topics

join