It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus conspiracy theories and misinformation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I found this John Oliver clip on YouTube. In it, he discusses conspiracy theories with the coronavirus, and how dangerous some of these conspiracy theories are. There is quite a bit of misinformation out there, what with 5G, people stating the virus was created in a lab in China, the virus was created by pharmaceutical companies in the U.S., the virus is a hoax, etc.

I like his take on this, as he’s a pretty smart guy, and damn funny to boot. He doesn’t pull any punches in this video, so if you are easily offended, you probably shouldn’t watch it. I think you’ll find this very informative, and fun to watch. We all need to do our part to not spread bad information around. There is so much at stake.

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

C.O.V.I.D. Confirmation Of Vaccination I.D.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

C.O.V.I.D. Confirmation Of Vaccination I.D.

What does this mean? I don’t get it.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD
An unproven conspiracy speculation is that Covid-19 kills more Democrats than Republicans.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
He seems a bit biased against Conservatives and conspiracy theorists.

Not digging his vibe.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
In any given situation the official story is mostly halve truth, lies or assumption.
Unfortunately, The truth lies some where in the bad information.
Should definitely engage conspiracy theory as a matter of principle.
It should not necessarily become an ad hominem affair.
edit on 0000007072077America/Chicago20 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345
What is the official story? It keeps a changin.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
He seems a bit biased against Conservatives and conspiracy theorists.

Not digging his vibe.

I don’t think he’s against conspiracy theorists. He even mentioned that he believes in some conspiracy theories. I believe in a few conspiracy theories too. I believe UFO’s exist, that John F. Kennedy was murdered by our government, and that Marilyn Monroe was murdered because of all the secrets she had from powerful men.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

That’s great, but just because you don’t believe in something doesn’t make it untrue. I keep an open mind about conspiracy theories and my curiosity is what brought me to ATS in the first place.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Seems to be about a virus, which I think is true.
I am sure there is a ton of other stuff that is not included.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Some conspiracy theorists were burned alive for saying the world is round!

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345

The official "virus" story is real. It's the severity of it, and how bad it is nationally, that's being blown out of proportion.

The hysteria will mysteriously vanish on November 5th. The day after election day in the U.S..

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
Hi everyone,

I found this John Oliver clip on YouTube. In it, he discusses conspiracy theories with the coronavirus, and how dangerous some of these conspiracy theories are. There is quite a bit of misinformation out there, what with 5G, people stating the virus was created in a lab in China, the virus was created by pharmaceutical companies in the U.S., the virus is a hoax, etc.

I like his take on this, as he’s a pretty smart guy, and damn funny to boot. He doesn’t pull any punches in this video, so if you are easily offended, you probably shouldn’t watch it. I think you’ll find this very informative, and fun to watch. We all need to do our part to not spread bad information around. There is so much at stake.

youtu.be...

I could've sworn that a segment of your post above, verbatim, was taken from an MSM news article (AP? CNN?) I happened to read about Google censoring (by withholding entrance to their advertising network) quote-unquote conspiracy websites that permit non-approved "theories" of COVID-19 to be discussed.

Was it here[/ur l]?

Or [url=https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/17/google-to-ban-ads-on-coronavirus-conspiracy-stories.html]here
maybe?

IDK all of the "good information", "trusted" news organizations sound almost exactly the same, to the point that their Politburo-approved, propaganda missives sound nearly identical; as if the narrative all originated from the same source.

Honestly, I don't really give a flying flip WHAT a website posts about the origins of COVID. Freedom of the speech is, well.....about freedom of expression. It's not about /quality/ of expression, or /accuracy/ of expression; if that were the case the National Inquirer would've been shut down long ago. ABC would be forced off the air for showing US Army stock footage of range testing whilst reporting on "fighting in Syria". Every single large media outlet I'm aware of, in the past 6-12 months, has been guilty of surreptitiously and lazily combining video/audio footage, out of context and from years in the past, with a /contemporary/ story.

The "authoritative journalists" lost all credibility in my eyes, when they completely failed to warn the public about the impending arrival of COVID in the West. I read about the virus' impact on China, about theories of its origin, about the very real human rights abuses from the CCP in response to COVID, right here, on this very site, in Feb-March.

This information was completely omitted, entirely blacklisted, from the MSM media, during the same time period.

What short memories people have. What else of alleged MUCH more significance was contemporaneous to the virus' initial spread during early '20?

That's right...

'PEACH-MINT!

The Chinese public was grappling with the horrors of COVID, the American public was entirely unaware of what was coming down the pike, whilst our journalist heroes were blathering on and on about 'peachmint.

So I don't really give a crap about "dangerous" or "harmful" misinformation on non-approved media outlets by TPTB. The modern MSM has no license to cast stones in this conversation, as they live in the biggest, most fragile glass house in the history of human civilization.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Hi everyone,

It doesn't work for the UK members. Pity,
Even the Chinese don't believe the virus started in a 'wet' market in Wuhan...that is the real false story.
Anyone can then consider what the alternative/s are.

You could start here,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Americans, Swiss, and others were working on a coronovirus involving Horsehoe bats in 2015/16, and in Wuhan. The bats came from a distant district in China hundreds of kms away.

The blog linked there is from yet another person called Mark Oliver, who also reports for, The Guardian US.

Everybody read it, and don't come back to me for some time, and I mean some time!
( Zhengli-Li Shi), mentioned in the links, is a Chinese military scientific person.

edit on 20-7-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There is most certainly covert political maneuvering using the situation as a smoke screen.
If you can't figure out the intention, one could consider the outcome to be the intent.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
SO Woke
Noah, Oliver, Stewart,
Daily Show Shills
The Lot of'em

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
- starts a thread on a conspiracy theory website denouncing Covid theories.

-uses a corporate media stooge comedian to convey his point

Question. Have you seen ANY comedian or celebrity discussing the evidence that supports this virus being a hoax?

No. And you won't. It's their JOB to perpetuate the media's lies while using their social influence.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345

The official "virus" story is real. It's the severity of it, and how bad it is nationally, that's being blown out of proportion.

The hysteria will mysteriously vanish on November 5th. The day after election day in the U.S..

Nobody actually believes in a COVID-19 hoax, quite the opposite, while the, 'official story' is not true.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

Hi everyone,

youtu.be...

The "authoritative journalists" lost all credibility in my eyes, when they completely failed to warn the public about the impending arrival of COVID in the West. I read about the virus' impact on China, about theories of its origin, about the very real human rights abuses from the CCP in response to COVID, right here, on this very site, in Feb-March.

This information was completely omitted, entirely blacklisted, from the MSM media, during the same time period.

It was by design...as several Government Investigations have shown, the Mainstream Media conspires with the Democratic Party all the time. In this case they conspired to enable Covid-19 to get a good foothold in America, before beginning screams of hysteria, which lead to economic destruction and 130,000 lives lost.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: spoonbender
SO Woke
Noah, Oliver, Stewart,
Daily Show Shills
The Lot of'em

Jon Oliver, yes, I had to look him up a few days ago, along with Colbert, because these two
globalist assclowns were instrumental in consolidating the continental gun grab in Oz
just minutes after the false flag frame job of the aspie (Martin Bryant) transpired....wherein
a black clad marksman splatted 50 heads with as many shots, shooting from the hip, left handed, on
the dead run...according to a survivor. I tend to forget who they are, so it is good to keep their names close lest
memories of their perfidy should lapse. Colbert, bless his huckleberry hound shaped head, has been recently clearing the (unelected) vaccine and economic Czar Gates....stands to reason that Frick will follow Frack.

I believe it was Oliver and perhaps Colbert seen shooting on an Oz beach asking revelers if they
‘missed having assault weapons around?’ (hilarity ensued) in the aftermath of the frame up/false flag
that neutered a continent. These guys were all. over. it.

The usual suspects. Elitist proponents of a world government, yawn,
doing what they do, and no one does it better. Smart guys. But not a word about RC diseases,
tightly controlled, computer generated power valve (heavy lifting arm of skynet) @ 60,000 Hz (cuz as Tesla showed it doesn’t need to be through wires at this high cycling now add computerized parameters get it)
and intimately quantified, digital feedback (electron) streams which can monitor, and control do you get it everything within it’s grid (your grid), your brain, your CNS, your health and ill being, with a mere phone connect, lol, no way these things could be related....and trust me, y’all
do not have any interest in what I have realized. Not wasting my time except to say that
This crap, their schtick, is so transparent that it is boring.

Sure. Oliver. Colbert, smug faced cleaners and pavers for technofascism.
If these guys are on it,
then it is a conspiracy, period.

# 1136
edit on 20-7-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: Come on down. Straight to hell
edit on 20-7-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: what are these fkrs doing in my space see av
extra DIV

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join