It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals get jobs at Nuclear Power Plant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
"Illegal aliens using false Social Security numbers were able to enter and work as contract painters at a power plant in Florida, including work near one nuclear reactor.
Officials at Progress Energy, which runs the Crystal River Energy Complex in Citrus County, say they followed federal regulations and that the contractor should have better vetted its employees.
Now a congresswoman is calling for hearings on how the lapse could have happened and calling for the Senate to pass a bill cracking down on illegal aliens' ability to obtain government identification. "

"We certainly don't want to have one illegal alien at a nuclear power plant, let alone several," said Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite, Florida Republican. "According to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Progress Energy did absolutely nothing wrong. They followed the guidelines. But in today's world, the terrorists are just itching to get at us. We need to have more assurances than just pass to the contractor that's been hired."
She said the incident illustrated the need for the Senate to pass the REAL ID act, which passed the House in February and sets national standards for the use of driver's licenses in federal facilities -- an incentive for states to make sure applicants are in the country legally.
Progress Energy said at least two workers used identification with false Social Security numbers to enter the facility as part of their contract job, and officials at the Florida Gulf Coast Building and Construction Trades Council said the number could be as high as seven.
The individuals worked for Brock Specialty Services, a Texas-based company that was hired to do maintenance at the facility."

www.washingtontimes.com...

Here is a fine example of how the next big terror attack is going to happen. Already there are reports that Islamic terrorist are going to Brazil and changing their names to "mexican" sounding names. Then going to mexico to get the "how-to" illegaly enter the US as "poor migrant workers". For those who live in or near major US cities, you will wake up some morning to a firey mushroom cloud and you can blame it all on lack of border control.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Wow, now that's scary.

But, God forbid we try to identify people! They might get offended or get their feelings hurt, boo-hoo. I'm sure the ACLU is already on this one. So far I think they've opposed virtually every measure Homeland Security has brought forward.

Great post
It's an eye opener.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Who are you going to blame for such a terrorist incident? Osama? Or maybe the guy who's making it possible for illegals to freely work in the US?

Where are all the unemployed Americans willing to take this type of job? American's are the "Gods" and Mexicans are the "Todds"?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Who are you going to blame for such a terrorist incident? Osama? Or maybe the guy who's making it possible for illegals to freely work in the US?

Where are all the unemployed Americans willing to take this type of job? American's are the "Gods" and Mexicans are the "Todds"?

If you look past the "surface" you will find the problem with the flood of Illegals is the fault of the 9th circuit court. Anyone "caught" as an illegal is given a court date, released and told to return on 60 days or up to 6 months. Gee guest what happens, they never show up. With the Mexican Gov providing instuctions and guidlines of how the illegally enter the US, it is kind hard to stop these crimminals without the use of deadly force.

As far as "unemployed" americans..........these jobs were once done by teenagers. Illegals are taking jobs...............

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Yeah, thats the way to think just put .50 cal robotic sniper rifles to kill men, women and children.
Great strategy for winning the "hearts and minds" of the people...

BTW just wondering how does one blow up a nuclear power plant?
Stop the coolant?
Destroy the control rods?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Yeah, thats the way to think just put .50 cal robotic sniper rifles to kill men, women and children.
Great strategy for winning the "hearts and minds" of the people...

BTW just wondering how does one blow up a nuclear power plant?
Stop the coolant?
Destroy the control rods?

Based on the redundancy of the design standards of modern nuke plants is actually very hard to do.........

And I have decided on 50 cal mini guns.....much more effective. Screw winning the "hearts and minds". Just stay on your side of the freggin line!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Based on the redundancy of the design standards of modern nuke plants is actually very hard to do.........

Thats what I am getting at.
Its REALLY hard to destroy.

And I have decided on 50 cal mini guns.....much more effective. Screw winning the "hearts and minds". Just stay on your side of the freggin line!

Ok then....if you dont mind I think I'll decline thinking of you as a man with morals....

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Thats what I am getting at.
Its REALLY hard to destroy.

Ok then....if you dont mind I think I'll decline thinking of you as a man with morals....

OK if you were staring down the barrels of a minigun.....would you cross the line?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
DrHo is at it again, Hey Ho shouldnt you be stearing down the barrel of a minigun since your ancestors raped,murdered and inslaved the Native peoples of your country and Mexico to spread your disease in an illegal war so you can live here illegally.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
DrHo is at it again, Hey Ho shouldnt you be stearing down the barrel of a minigun since your ancestors raped,murdered and inslaved the Native peoples of your country and Mexico to spread your disease in an illegal war so you can live here illegally.

Went to public school did you............................

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Whats wrong with public school? and why must you always be the biggest A$$hole on this board?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Whats wrong with public school? and why must you always be the biggest A$$hole on this board?

Your PC statement about how my ancestors "invaded" the poor native american lands.......................Typical public school propoganda and not REAL historical fact.

As far as being the "biggest" a-hole on the board..........thanks didn't know you cared. [smooch]

My "ancestors" lived and worked with the indians in what is both Massachusetts and Texas today.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Your PC statement about how my ancestors "invaded" the poor native american lands.......................Typical public school propoganda and not REAL historical fact.

As far as being the "biggest" a-hole on the board..........thanks didn't know you cared. [smooch]

Wait, I thought I was the biggest A-Hole on the board.

Here is a fine example of how the next big terror attack is going to happen. Already there are reports that Islamic terrorist are going to Brazil and changing their names to "mexican" sounding names. Then going to mexico to get the "how-to" illegaly enter the US as "poor migrant workers". For those who live in or near major US cities, you will wake up some morning to a firey mushroom cloud and you can blame it all on lack of border control.

I agree Doc, this is something that absolutely needs to be addressed. When, not so much as if, but when something happens, bleeding hearts, and know it alls will be coming out from under the rocks with conspiracy theories, and the "why didn't we do something when we all know the government saw it coming." comments.
This is a very real concern - remember Chernobyl? God forbid that something like that could be orchestrated intentionally

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by superdude

Wait, I thought I was the biggest A-Hole on the board.

Now dude as my "understudy" you have to wait you turn to become the biggest.

The real point here is how many "illegals" are still there. Based on the recent "9th circus" ruling you can't ask anymore.

There may be several more that are actually "mohamed" and not "roberto".

Case in point, several terrorist have changed there names to "mexican" sounding "legally" in south american countries then become "migrant" workers.............

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Now dude as my "understudy" you have to wait you turn to become the biggest.

I guess if I have to wait I will................ But I'm working on it!

The real point here is how many "illegals" are still there. Based on the recent "9th circus" ruling you can't ask anymore.

There may be several more that are actually "mohamed" and not "roberto".

Case in point, several terrorist have changed there names to "mexican" sounding "legally" in south american countries then become "migrant" workers.............

Yep, this is a very real problem. Most know how big the influx of illegals is in this country. I've worked in landscaping, as well as the restaraunt business, and I can tell you first hand that the amount of illegals in these professions is astounding. Most can't even speak english, yet know their rights verbatim. The fact that some of these educated middle easterners with intentions to committ horrendous acts are able to pull this kind of thing off is scary at best. I mean we are talking about NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS here. How can anyone without a thorough, and I mean THOROUGH background check even be permitted in the boundaries of the perimeters of these facilities, let alone inside the facility itself?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

My "ancestors" lived and worked with the indians in what is both Massachusetts and Texas today.

What is real historical fact that the poor white man from Europe wanted to escape oppression so he set sail for the new world to opress the natives of the new found land and vertually exterminate them.You say your ancestors lived and worked with the Indians and didnt murder,rape and inslave them then I would like to know what happend to the Native Americans where are they now what happened to there culture?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

What is real historical fact that the poor white man from Europe wanted to escape oppression so he set sail for the new world to opress the natives of the new found land and vertually exterminate them.You say your ancestors lived and worked with the Indians and didnt murder,rape and inslave them then I would like to know what happend to the Native Americans where are they now what happened to there culture?

Many, many american indians "melted" into the populace.

Do some actual research and 'Murder, rape, and enslavement" was how the indian treated each other. Funny thing though don't remember "freeing" the 'RED" slaves. Didn't know there were any.

The 'Indian" culture is rather strong, check the origin of the names of many US states and town.........there all indian.

I don't use "native" american because there is no such thing. Anyone "born" here is a native. The indians you refer to also immigrated to the "america's". There is also evidence that the Chinese came here in vast numbers along the west coast all the way down to central america. That accounts for the oriental faces on the pyramids.........

So who's "native"?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
They are not Indian because they are not from India and they were the original habitants of the Lands we call North and South America so there for they are Native Americans.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

OK if you were staring down the barrels of a minigun.....would you cross the line?

If I was desperate, I might try.
If my family/friends was in danger, I might try.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Sry double post...

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join