It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this Mermaid video ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yeah it's a made up tv show, they did another about a place called Helltown, entertaining but total fiction, it's not a deliberate hoax, just tv sensationalism, but some people grt so bent out of shape by being fooled, i googled it back when i watched it and it was all there, cast, production etc, that was a couple of years ago
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...
"Last year's two-hour special on Discovery, called "Megalodon: The Monster Shark Lives," convinced 70% of viewers that the giant prehistoric shark still existed even as outraged scientists insisted that the show was ludicrous and almost entirely fictional. It didn't help that Discovery made coy comments about the documentary being a legitimate contribution to scientific debate."

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I was at another site and someone posted this video.

Have you seen this and if so what do you think ? It would be some kinda neat if real...

Mermaid/man or or some unknown creature.

youtu.be...

Seen it before, one of the most interesting vids on the topic. Could be proof, could be a fake, who knows nowadays. There have been so many legends about mermaids throughout history it's hard to believe they're not real.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

There are no mermaids, werewolves or Japanese sea ghosts. It's all hoaxes baiting for viewers. There's a lot of other unexplained things in the world that one can investigate.

edit on 2020-8-16 by Chazam because: Spellcheck

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
yes it was deliberately put at the VERY end after all the credits so many many people missed it......here is the thing about mermaids if they were real they would not look like that...in the deep cold waters they would have to have lots of blubber like seals sea lions walruses,

originally posted by: Lilroanie
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, because I haven't followed anything regarding this show except watching it, but... I watched the Mermaid shows and I'm pretty sure at the end just like the Megalodon one was a disclaimer that it wasn't real. I remember watching it knowing it was "fake", just a fun to watch "what if?" show like the Meg one.. Did they actually try to pass it off as real?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
No one has told the origin story of the mermaids yet?

Ok then, gather around and listen to this tale of women with fish tails.

Back in the middle ages, when witches were burned at the stake or drowned for knowing how to cure something or get the bugs out of your house, there were these fishing villages all along the coasts of most countries. They fished then ate the fish. This repeated daily and they got tired of fish. Fish, fish, fish.

Sometimes a woman that was forced by some reason to fend for herself would gather the sea life not in the deep water but in the shallows. She would get the mollusks, crabs, muscles, seaweed, and the like to feed herself. The villagers would find them out and trade their fish for other food that was not fish because all they had was fish most of the time.

This worked because the women’s body fat is different than men's. They are able to deal with cold water for short periods better than men can. They were successful producers and traders in a time when a woman was not allowed to own anything on their own.

Now comes the interesting part. You see some traveler hears of this woman actually running a small business on her own, or he sees one gathering along the shore. Someone tells their cousins friend and then someone from the church hears the tale. The little fishing village has a visit from a priest that is just asking some questions about a woman he has heard about that might be a witch.

The villagers, not being stupid enough to tell all and go back to eating fish for most of the year, they did trade for nearby farmers produce at times of plenty, they told the priest a tale. It was a whale of a tail or tale. That was not a woman they heard someone tell of gathering things on the seashore, that was a mermaid. Yes, a mermaid. Half fish and half woman.

Usually by this time one of the villagers would slip off to warn the mermaid to hide away for a while. When the priest went away happy that the local villagers were just seeing things or spinning tails... um tales, and the traveler was just spreading those stories.

And they all lived happily ever after.

I learned this many years ago when I was involved in mermaid communities on the internet. Any links I had are out of date but if you ask nicely I might dig up a few.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
yeah but they put that disclaimer in small print at the VERY end after all the credits..purposefully so most people would miss it

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: 727Sky

It was a made for TV movie .. There was a disclaimer....but folks still think it's real.

As is evidenced on this site daily, people believe anything.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Ref for below pic.... www.skeptic.com...

It was a Mockumentary 🧜‍♀️

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Here is where the actor Dave Evans of Mermaids.....plays Dr. Mark Hoyt in the 30 min film titled The Goblin Man of Norway.....it to is done as a Mockumentary about a possible alien artifact found 🛸It’s watchable and in English shot in Norway

m.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join