It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this Mermaid video ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I was at another site and someone posted this video.

Have you seen this and if so what do you think ? It would be some kinda neat if real...

Mermaid/man or or some unknown creature.

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Hoax

Sunday’s “documentary” Mermaids: The New Evidence delivered 3.6 million viewers, shattering the network’s ratings record. Yup, even bigger than the Puppy Bowl. The program is not only a hoax, but a sequel to a hoax — to last year’s rather effortlessly debunked Mermaids: The Body Found, which fooled more viewers than you’d think.

ETA: I can't remember how the first one came across my radar, but I got just a few minutes in and stopped watching.
edit on 7/19/20 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Why would the gray alien looking mermaid creature do an intimidation drive by like that?

Why would a humanoid creature evolve in the ocean, still having a human-like skull with eyesockets and creepy, big black eyes typical of paranormal and alien conspiracy culture? It was perfectly spooky for the audience, scary like a fake special effect moment in a ghost hunters episode.

Something seems fake as can be about it. The guy with the beard smiles and chuckles, looks at the bald guy as a reaction of guilt and humor because he knows it's silly.

That's my opinion.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   

This is a widely known fake, fooled my brother in law though

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Honestly? With the budget and professionals that Animal Planet hires for their talent I expect them to be able to come up with better hoax material.

The acting is poor, the interview doesn't feel genuine.

Why would one of the expedition crewmembers say he really wants to see what's on the second camera? He was there. In a real world situation they would have reviewed the video way before they got to a studio for an interview.

Nothing about it comes across as authentic. The CGI is at a similar talent level as what is present in other Animal Planet programs.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Total hoax. I have been active in several mermaid sites in the past. I have made some tails for myself and friends. Have made some home movies in pools.

The cgi swimming of the mermaids in that video is so badly done that it gives me a headache to watch. It is not possible to move in the water in the ways they portray. You cannot hold a spear up and down in the water and swim parallel to the surface. Any spear always points parallel to the swimmer when swimming except when being used to attack something. The logic of the mermaids moves is totally lacking and unrealistic.

Live action mermaids, costumed humans, are much better in the water than portrayed in that show. This is what a professional mermaid moves like.

You could add monster makeup to that and make a better show.
edit on 7 19 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I wonder how they taste?

"Gimme a mermaid and chips please squire"

Lovely

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I'm going to piggyback off of ya here. That mermaid as fabulous as she may be looks way more realistic than the CGI in AP's Mermaid project.

I understand that they were going for what a mermaid would look like in real life, but hell they could have done up a deep end of a pool in pitch black external lighting and set up a fake submersible and had something animatronic or do something at just the right distance swim by that would have been more realistic. A person with the wrong jointage in creature effects would have come across as more realistic. The whole underwater creature puts hand on glass trope is something they ALWAYS do in every video project. Like it's supposed to relay some sense that the two observers are just out of reach, separated by just a pane of glass.

Overall I think it was just something fun they wanted to do
edit on 1972020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I entirely agree with you on the way it should have been made.

I think the show was almost complete before Animal Planet became involved. They just bought it and put their stamp on it to make some money.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
When this was hyped up a few years ago my sis asked me if it were true.

I said "Sis, I am sure more than one drunken sailor has fallen upon a fish at some point."

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I guess animal planet is turning into the same sillyness as the history channel

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Very disappointing. I thought mermaids were so hot that they can seduce seamen and then eat them. Not financially like a gold digger.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It was a made for TV movie .. There was a disclaimer....but folks still think it's real.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, because I haven't followed anything regarding this show except watching it, but... I watched the Mermaid shows and I'm pretty sure at the end just like the Megalodon one was a disclaimer that it wasn't real. I remember watching it knowing it was "fake", just a fun to watch "what if?" show like the Meg one.. Did they actually try to pass it off as real?

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well, cougars did not exist in the UP till a few years ago when evidence from trail cams forced the DNR to admit it. The DNR insinuated that anyone seeing them was mistaken and not an expert even though there is evidence they knew they existed here. Why did the DNR deny their existance? To protect them of course, people would have shot them if they knew they were really here, especially since so many of them now have been verified since the DNR actually admitted they do exist.

They could want people to believe this mermaid is a hoax, that is what I would do if I were in charge of protecting endangered species. People would be out there trying to get one to stuff and hang above their fireplace.

I do not automatically believe things like this are hoaxes, I doubt if these creatures are like us if they exist though, they will not be destroying the environment with toxic chemicals and build weapons of mass destruction like humans do. I agree that everyone should think this is a hoax but I am not sure it really is just because some people here parrot what those who want to protect them would want us to believe.

It is very possible that there could be some sort of new mutated sea mammal that could look like that. Now there was another video after that first clip I think. www.youtube.com...

Is the video a hoax, It may be, but I think it is possible that a creature that looks part human could exist in the ocean.

edit on 19-7-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They also made a similar farcical effort based on a team capturing a bigfoot, it escaped the cage in the end, pretty rubbish to be honest.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

I wonder how they taste?

"Gimme a mermaid and chips please squire"

Lovely

Probably like they smell, fishy

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Is this old? If not I'm sure they've done this "Mermaid" show before, pretty sure there were ATS threads.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
yeah but they put that disclaimer in small print at the VERY end after all the credits..purposefully so most people would miss it

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

It was a made for TV movie .. There was a disclaimer....but folks still think it's real.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
some one have that chick fish phone number ?
Why is it they are so hot any way ? o i do call fake on the fish chick as wear do you buy a swim top under the sea under the sea .
Honstly I go for the green alien chicks more .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join