It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon refuses to comment on new UAP leak

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Rancidmilk2go

Someone told me that the lights are flares suspended by little parachutes which is why they fall so slowly. Toward the end of the video you can see they are approaching the tops of the mountains. Also the "missile" that "hits" the flares is actually an A10 that flew by and chafed the flares.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
A video from 2011 of slowly drifting flares with attendant dripping magnesium, approached but not hit by a plane that is also dropping flares.

Here is an example of similar but more spectacular flare drops (without the sexy night-vision effect) during an airshow in 2015...

And I'll repeat IMSAM's request:

Where is a reliable SOURCE for the Pentagon's comments?

Or do we have to wait a week for the answer? (Apologies, I'm in a hot and irritable mood today.)

edit on 17-7-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Apologies, I'm in a hot and irritable mood today.

Is that because you listened to Richard Dolan and Mr / Dr X. How many hours again was it.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rancidmilk2go
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

The missile also changed trajectory

True.

That's why I initially thought it was a plane and not a missile. But there's no point in me speculating on what I don't understand.

Look at the GIF at the top of page 2 of this.

Those UFOs don't get touched.
Mark them on your monitor before the hit and then look where they are after.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That was a plane dropping chaff, not a missile boucingnoff anything a reply to: Rancidmilk2go

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: Flesh699
The balloons wouldn't be hot so they are invisible.

Maybe it's helium balloons getting hit and then explode and become visible?

I'm grasping at straws.

Helium is not flammable nor does it explode...

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
WTH that rocket flew right through it and turned on a dime to hit and go through the other one. O-o

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: Flesh699
The balloons wouldn't be hot so they are invisible.

Maybe it's helium balloons getting hit and then explode and become visible?

I'm grasping at straws.

Helium is not flammable nor does it explode...

Thank you, I could try and pretend I meant hydrogen but that's probably wrong too.

All that I'm 100% confident of is that the 2 flares/UFOs we see in the video don't get hit.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Stinger makes since as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
And my original statement of it being a plane is still holding up so that's nice.

Here are the countermeasures available in the A-10's armament:

SUU-42A/A Flares/Infrared decoys and chaff dispenser pod

or

AN/ALQ-131 or AN/ALQ-184 ECM pods

or

Lockheed Martin Sniper XR or LITENING targeting pods (A-10C)

or

2× 600 US gal (2,300 L) Sargent Fletcher drop tanks for increased range/loitering time.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
FFS.
It's always Cudda, Shudda, Wudda, Balloon, Secret Tech, Lanterns.

If you've never seen the unbelievable you will never believe.
When you do... Life changes and everything becomes believable.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

Whatever bro. I've seen some unexplainable #, and you all want to water it down by claiming everything unexplainable.

These are #ing flares. The video is stupid. The only thing creepy about it is the stupid ass music. Take that music away and it will be what it is. A video without context.

Ohhh it's sooooo creepy and unexplainable.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Its also not a very good idea to fly your aircraft straight into a flare, especially an A-10 that has those nice big FOD grabbers sitting up high in the back. Theyre tough but you do not deliberately do that with a multi-million dollar combat aircraft.

Now a warthog could have deployed the flares easily but I very much doubt thats what you see flying into them. That looks like a short range heatseeker, they fly similar to a bottle rocket without the stick just guided. Something else that popped into my head is that missile might be from an enemy shooting at the A-10, I didnt think we deployed that many surface to air assets in that theatre. One of those old MANPADs we sold to the Mujahadeen to fight the Russians with, maybe why it didnt detonate.

Not trying to drag my ass across someones carpet here, just keeping it real until the really weird footage gets shown. I cant explain a large black triangle coming up out of the ocean but hopefully that ones will turn up again one day.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
To me, it doesnt look like the missile or whatever impacts them at all. If you slow down from 1:53 to 1:57, few things that seemed weird to me is on the first object, the trail of whatever the black cloud is, is in a line higher than the circular object. Then when it goes to “impact” the second object the missile thing starts releasing a black cloud before it impacts it. It looks weird to me. Perhaps its all normal. I dont know much about these things. Just seems odd

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Rancidmilk2go

i would guess a weapons test and the balloons have flairs on them.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thats no missile , its either a drone or a piloted jet .

It's some sort of training exercise.

And the Pentagon being " unwilling to comment " is just a classic diversion of mis-information , in other words making people think it is something its not . Because why not ? Its just flares or some sort of heated arial target but to the untrained eye its "UFO's"

It keeps people guessing.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
FLARES DO NOT HOLD AN ALTITUDE!

Nor are they impervious to sidewinder missiles or the air displacement such a missile produces

The intense heat of the flare would make it an appetizing target for the sidewinder, hence the reason most combat jets carry flares to divert incoming "heat seeking" munitions from their bright hot exhaust
edit on 7/18/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
FLARES DO NOT HOLD AN ALTITUDE!

Nor are they impervious to sidewinder missiles or the air displacement such a missile produces

The intense heat of the flare would make it an appetizing target for the sidewinder, hence the reason most combat jets carry flares to divert incoming "heat seeking" munitions from their bright hot exhaust

Jets use flares that are extremely hot, dont last long and are designed to work at jet fighter speeds - flares for illumination whether for ground or targeting last longer, burn cooler and can be carried by a strong updraft like I dunno the mountains of agstan.

That garbage IR footage from a 1940's security cam is supposed to count as a leak? bruh. I saw a number of cobras lights out over Palomar the other night flying flir, a mobile version of the larger and more capable ground unit shown in that video and they were able to maintain 500 feet even with extreme updrafts from Ocotillo - that looks like some 1960's protoype gameboy graphics. It could be any number of things, weather balloon with burn gell, you never know what bored Army guys will do.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kreeate

a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

Because they would rather just call them flares without watching the end where they fly away

Could you please give a timestamp when the objects fly off sideways?

Watch the whole video and stop moving the goalposts
you see it at the end. That last 2 min

From about 4:20 to 4:35 an object appears, which looks similar to what could be flares, and clearly fly's left and up, quite quickly. Pretty hard to tell what it would be. But I doubt it was a flare.
edit on thppmSat, 18 Jul 2020 20:47:42 -0500k2007America/Chicago1847 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
From about 4:20 to 4:35 an object appears, which looks similar to what could be flares, and clearly fly's left and up, quite quickly. Pretty hard to tell what it would be. But I doubt it was a flare.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join