It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Community Calls On NYPD To Bring Back Anti-Crime Unit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

"I think that a total elimination is something we need to reevaluate," said Adams. "Right now, bad guys are saying if you don't see a blue and white you can do whatever you want."

Community activist Tony Herbert agrees.

"The guns keep going off and now we have a 1-year-old and the blood is on the hands of the mayor and the state Legislature," said Herbert.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

Seems like many black Americans, even those in deep blue cities, are beginning to re-evaluate their past practices of allowing exceedingly white liberals speak for them. The liberals decide their policy, their platform, and expect their votes. They speak for their entire community. And in return, they get decades of failed policy and now the bodies are piling up.

Blood on the left's hands, as usual. From AOC to De Blasio to every BLM marxist. They all share in this stain.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

"I think that a total elimination is something we need to reevaluate," said Adams.

In this particular case, I think this is more a matter of those White liberal voices drowning out thoughtful and reasonable Black voices. Adams is a former police captain, and has long called for police reform. He's certainly not a cop hater, but understands there is room for improvement. And a need for improvement. And with his training and experience, he can offer practical and effective solutions for real problems.

This is the type of person that can not only help police do a better job, but can make it a better job to have.

These are not only the people we need to hear from, they are also the people we're not allowed to hear from, so that the corrupt critters and extremists can monopolize the narrative.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Black community is sick of being pawns and abused, just so their liberal politicians can score political points by appeasing radicals.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Liberal politicians in all major cities across the US have been absolute failures from top to bottom, and pretty much have been for decades.
I personally don’t understand how they keep getting voted in when they have failed these communities so many times.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Agree with this entire post

I saw he was retired LE, seems like a good man and actually has to live with the policies the mobs are pushing

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I stand with my Black Bothers and Sisters in opposition to the White Supremacy of the Left.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Absolutely! A few white liberals want to feel good and virtue signal so they start prompting "changes" they'll never ever have to live with. Heck, Nancy Pelosi, Schumer, Biden and AOC can afford to support "defunding police" because not a one of them have to worry about criminals/gangs attacking their neighborhoods.

It won't be their friends, families, neighbors who have to carry the heart breaking weight of their disasterous policy choices

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I'm an old white guy and I stand with you on that too Butterfinger

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

It is a real shame Razor, they stay in power by convincing voters that Republicans are somehow the problem (no matter how local that problem is) and manage to gloss over their shining failures election cycle after election cycle

They've conned so many people into believing that their vote is making a statement, vs. simply doing their civic duty to participate in our system of government with good intentions and reasoned decisions

They see voting democrat the same as wearing a PETA lapel pin. They see voting democrat the same as wearing a pink hat, a BLM t-shirt or any other left wing virtue signalling thing out there.

Bad part is, it means nothing to them. They don't care about the causes they advance, the positions they dig in on or what policies they espouse. It is merely a means to end to signal their virtuous virtues to the rest of us and feel superior

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

White liberal privilege. It's the only real "white privilege". They point their fingers at you and tell you that you don't speak for minorities, then they turn around and act like they know what's best for minorities. That's how we ended up with the Washington redskins removing their name, etc.

I've been wondering how long black people would continue letting white liberals hold that boot down on their necks.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I stand with my Black Bothers and Sisters in opposition to the White Supremacy of the Left.

White guy here.
+2

I've known legitimate racists, and they don't hold a candle to the # I'm seeing pushed as Social Justice. They at least had enough decency to keep their opinions private.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Seems like many black Americans, even those in deep blue cities, are beginning to re-evaluate their past practices of allowing exceedingly white liberals speak for them. The liberals decide their policy, their platform, and expect their votes. They speak for their entire community. And in return, they get decades of failed policy and now the bodies are piling up.

Edit: NOT directed at you, OP, just had a minor light bulb moment.

You know what this actually sounds like from the "outside" looking "inside" here?

New Age slave & master crap. Don't speak for yourself, let the white woke college kiddies do it for you, THEY know what's best for you.

Because black folk can't possibly be equipped with enough between the ears do that themselves. My god, if I were black right now, I'd be so goddamn offended at the insinuation that I NEEEEED the SJWs to take over to do anything that I'd HAVE to gang up with Aug to throat punch the white knighters just to ram home the offensiveness point.
edit on 7/16/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Amen to that!

It hurts because the public schools and teachers unions have been totally complicit on the false narrative. They have gaslighted many Black and Hispanic Americans into believing the Republicans are the historical/modern racists, when we have always promoted individual success and created an economy where ANYONE from any background can be successful and thrive

Democrats intentionally keep people in poverty, forcing them to rely on government handouts which keeps them in power

Angry white liberal privilege is a real problem!

"You don't speak for minorities, because we do!" - The Democrats
"How about let people speak for themselves?" - Republicans

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Bingo!

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Great post Nyiah!

New Age slave & master crap. Don't speak for yourself, let the white woke college kiddies do it for you, THEY know what's best for you.

This is my impression exactly! Can't stand to see this crap, democrats have shown time and time again they are only interested in free speech for their elite ivy-league "influencers" and controlling the rest of us. Nevermind the fact these very democrats have never lived day to day in violent crime areas, had their sons/daughters brothers/sisters killed at the hands of those same criminals or god forbid lost their child to it

Because black folk can't possibly be equipped with enough between the ears do that themselves. My god, if I were black right now, I'd be so goddamn offended at the insinuation that I NEEEEED the SJWs to take over to do anything that I'd HAVE to gang up with Aug to throat punch the white knighters just to ram home the offensiveness point.

White Knighters LOL

Bravo, ma'am

I'm with you there, the insinuation that I needed an "ally" to speak up and vote for my interests I might have to join you on that throat punching

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

If the doj were to investigate these liberal leaders, they would find corruption and other crimes associated with most of them.

Hopefully after President Trump is re-elected, those investigations will begin.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
I've been wondering how long black people would continue letting white liberals hold that boot down on their necks.

Exactly my thoughts on this, and I'm not even a Republican.

Why on earth anyone thinks that those people rioting and making insane demands represent the Black community is beyond me.

I'd substitute progressives for liberals though. Old school liberals are not in on this either.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I have no doubt carewemust, and this is my hope as well

These people are dirty - up to their eyeballs in corruption, crime and severely unethical governance

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

You are correct sir

I mistakenly tie liberals into this often, when it is absolutely the "progressives"

Why on earth anyone thinks that those people rioting and making insane demands represent the Black community is beyond me.

I had this thought for a split second when it all started, but all I kept seeing was young white face after young white face. Even in their "CHAZ" someone set up a live web cam feed, and it was 99% white folks running around causing problems

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Black Community Calls On NYPD To Bring Back Anti-Crime Unit

Isn't that like inviting the cannibal to the cookout?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join