It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I've gotten to the point where I Cannot dream. Well, I've heard that everyone dreams, the problem is just being able to remember them. Well, I'd like to dream again and remember. I say this because eventually I'd like to try to lucid dream. But there is the problem, I need to be able to dream first, right?!
Also, I do have a dream catcher hanging above my bed. Could this be the ironic reason I cannot remember my dreams? I would love to hear your thoughts ATS. Stay safe out there.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondBlessed

Honestly, if it's legal and obtainable in your area, I'd say give full-spectrum CBD oil a go, not the cheap knock-off stuff though, I'm talking full-spectrum whole-plant extract, containing not only CBD (1200mg works best for me, YMMV), but a full range of minor cannabinoids as well as terpenes and terpenoids.

I use it for insomnia, just three or four drops under the tongue 20 minutes before bed does the trick for me.

I've heard this from others too, but the dreams are insane, and you wake up remembering almost every detail.

Sometimes, like just the other night, I've had dreams within dreams (Inception type stuff).

For example, the other night I was dreaming that I was in a green park, all was normal and I had no idea that I was dreaming. Then, things started to get really surreal, like REALY surreal, at which point I figured out that I was dreaming.

I told myself to snap out of the dream, then bang, I was still in the green park, all was back to 'normal, but I'd forgotten that I was dreaming.

When I woke up, I remembered almost all of it. With a bit of practice it could easily be turned into full-blown lucid dreaming (although I haven't managed this myself in years, but at this point I'm pretty much happy to go along for the ride, unless it's a dark dream [which has never happened with the CBD oil, incidentally], in which case I'm still able to become self-aware and completely pull myself out and fully wake myself up).

This isn't medical advice (disclaimer type thing), just reporting my own experiences, like I say, others I know have had the same experiences.

For reference, the oil I use is Provacan 1200mg full-spectrum, there are other strengths, 1200mg is generally one of the strongest, bar 'special editions'.

Either way, good luck with it

edit on 16/7/2020 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: ETA

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

If you use cannabis or drink alcohol that will deepen your' sleep and stop you recalling dreams.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

If you use cannabis or drink alcohol that will deepen your' sleep and stop you recalling dreams.

In my late teens/early twenties I used to smoke a lot of cannabis. One reason I stopped was because I could no longer recall most of my dreams, not all but most. I can't speak for everybody but that was my experience.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I do know that certain foods, if consumed shortly before bedtime, can trigger more vivid dreams. I have experienced this quite a bit throughout my life. You could always experiment with that.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Regular meditation should help you remember your dreams.

Sal

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

This is universally recognized. Partake in cannabis = not much dream recall. Take a break from it =dang near total recall. Never fails. Not much of a drinker but I imagine it's the same.
edit on 16-7-2020 by SuicideKing33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I listen to old Art Bell and David Hoagland shows when I go to bed. The talking helps me relax. I also listen to a very low frequency audio clip that runs all night long. When I have that LF tone running my dreams are much more vivid and I sleep better. Now if I could find something that would prevent me from waking up at 3am every friggin' night (no matter what I listen to or don't) that would be awesome.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

That depends on the cannabinoid profile, THC will make you forget them (it facilitates the natural function of being able to forget, which is partly what makes high-THC cannbis such an effective treatment for PTSD, but that's another thread in and of itself).

CBD on the other hand, facilitates sleep, as well as reduces anxiety (et al), without making you forget.

Not all cannabis is made equal.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Get a "snooze" alarm clock and eat a lump of cheese before you go to bed.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Thanks for the info.

I was just referring to general usage as in getting high on weed every night or some such.

Regards midicon

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
Not all cannabis is made equal.

And...it"s not what you do to the mind, it's the mind you do it to.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

For the last three nights, I've had a dream that woke me up at 3:00 am... Let's just call them nightmares. Something I haven't had in about 30 years.

Dream 1 (Tue): I'm in a weird place and something happens, I can't remember what it was now, but I look in front of me and I see my 3 year old son and my wife. I take off running toward them so fast that I come out of my shoes and with every push forward, my feet slip. I don't make it to them. I wake up in a panic and it's 3:03 am

Dream 2 (Wed): I'm in my truck with my 3 year old and my wife. We're driving down some road and there are people in the street waiting to get into a Pentecostal church. As a Southern Baptist, I can tell you that the Pentecostal religion is a strange and very strict religion, scary to a degree. So I'm driving slowly through the crowd as they slowly step out of my way, staring me down the entire time. I get through them and off to the right I see a mine. I stop my truck and I get out, I walk into this mine and I follow it about 100 yards and then follow it to the right. I'm walking about another 50 yards and I look up. Staring down at me is a human face drawn on the wall of the mine. It's evil and I can feel its evil trying to get to me. The long flowing hair is orange like Pennywise's hair in the newer movie, and the face is similar but human (I haven't seen the movie since it's release). After I feel the evil, I turn to walk out and right when I get to the end of that hall to turn left, I see the Pentecostal preacher's daughter standing there giving me that same evil look. She goes to grab me but I avoid her and I tell her she's not pinning that evil on me, she grabs my leg and tells me that she's not taking the fall for it so I am, because the preacher can't know it was her. I think the people on the road are involved. The ground below me is now wet red clay and I can't get away but I'm trying with all my might. I wake up at 3:06 am with my t-shirt so twisted around my torso that it's cutting the circulation off to my arms and I've ripped the corner of the fitted sheet on my bed.

Dream 3 (Thur): I'm laying in bed, my 18 year old son is watching television and my 3 year old is in his bed, my wife next to me. I hear banging on my front door but I roll over instead of getting up. The banging gets louder and I wake up to go to the door and I see some man angrily banging on my door. He's about 7' tall with short dark hair and a 5 o'clock shadow. I can't remember what he's wearing, but he then goes to my living room window and begins banging on it and screaming for me to let him in my house. The blinds are closed but I can see his silhouette from the street light shining down towards the window he's at. Just as he's about to bust my window, I wake up. The time is 3:11 am.

I don't know what this means yet, but my dreams have always spoken to me, especially the vivid ones like the three above. I'm telling you this in this thread for two reasons. One, because I'm hoping someone might have some answers, and two, to ask you if you're sure that having dreams is what you really want.
edit on 16-7-2020 by LSU2018 because: 5 o'clock shadow, not mustache.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

This is universally recognized. Partake in cannabis = not much dream recall. Take a break from it =dang near total recall. Never fails. Not much of a drinker but I imagine it's the same.

I've always remembered mine and have never smoked weed, and haven't had a drink of alcohol in 5 years.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Wrong...I use both and I dream quite a bit and remember them very well.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Not dreaming can be a blessing.
Working the shadow can be tedious.
The sense of malicious forces in dreams
have no comparison in this world yet.
Now or in history.
edit on 0000007054875America/Chicago16 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I should hve mentioned that. I currently dont drink and dont smoke anything. I also live in California. is this CBD stuff available to me?

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I live in California. Is this obtainable for me? Where would I buy?

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

Honestly, if it's legal and obtainable in your area, I'd say give full-spectrum CBD oil a go, not the cheap knock-off stuff though, I'm talking full-spectrum whole-plant extract, containing not only CBD (1200mg works best for me, YMMV), but a full range of minor cannabinoids as well as terpenes and terpenoids.

I use it for insomnia, just three or four drops under the tongue 20 minutes before bed does the trick for me.

I've heard this from others too, but the dreams are insane, and you wake up remembering almost every detail.

Sometimes, like just the other night, I've had dreams within dreams (Inception type stuff).

For example, the other night I was dreaming that I was in a green park, all was normal and I had no idea that I was dreaming. Then, things started to get really surreal, like REALY surreal, at which point I figured out that I was dreaming.

I told myself to snap out of the dream, then bang, I was still in the green park, all was back to 'normal, but I'd forgotten that I was dreaming.

When I woke up, I remembered almost all of it. With a bit of practice it could easily be turned into full-blown lucid dreaming (although I haven't managed this myself in years, but at this point I'm pretty much happy to go along for the ride, unless it's a dark dream [which has never happened with the CBD oil, incidentally], in which case I'm still able to become self-aware and completely pull myself out and fully wake myself up).

This isn't medical advice (disclaimer type thing), just reporting my own experiences, like I say, others I know have had the same experiences.

For reference, the oil I use is Provacan 1200mg full-spectrum, there are other strengths, 1200mg is generally one of the strongest, bar 'special editions'.

Either way, good luck with it

top topics

join