It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God need worship?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You're doing it again, basically always the opposite of what you say is true.
You're the one who thinks he knows everything I called myself searching that implies not-knowing.

Am I getting in the way of you "whoring for S&F"?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

When you say so

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Monkeys with no hair
You hit it
God and His Son and Spirit had a cumunity and wanted to invite mankind into the inner sanctum of that....
They, meaning the one God....One God didnt want robots.

We are not robots....but I'm too wild....better if i had more robot in me....!

If we are made in the image of God, then God must be a monkey by your statement.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

you havnt a clue and are placing your own personal views on it.

Our relationship with god is a personal thing. I am trying to be objective about it. It sounds like undertaking communion is a remembrance thing for you.

As for throwing your pearls before swine, I get it, don't waste your time with idiots.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

It’s a communal thing and a remembrance thing, just like the Kakoda, ANZAC day, it’s a group thing to remember, be grateful for what others have done and still do

Yes our relationship with God is uniquely personal, uniquely individual but we have support in a group. Communion is friends and food, company and relationship based on remembering sacrifice

Every year I go down and do ANZAC day in kendy, with friends who were in the army, beer bbqs and two up, shooting rabbits and other things. It’s a spiritual experience to them and they all tear up over dead parents, lost ones, memories important to them. Me, I understand but don’t really get it.

So yeah, partly a rememberance but also relationship
No eating dead men’s flesh or drinking their blood involved

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You're doing it again, basically always the opposite of what you say is true.
You're the one who thinks he knows everything I called myself searching that implies not-knowing.

Am I getting in the way of you "whoring for S&F"?

Oh, so precious, whoring for stars and flags in a faith dialogue, you can’t be that silly, not for real
Look at the hate, anger and bitterness anyone attracts in the faith forum, you are so self indignant
I understand your ego problem now, clearly

I posed a question in the op, a question
Few replies to my question but plenty of “peeps” like you moaning on and on

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You didn't get the response you were hoping for?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Worship is a giving of your utmost expression of love, gratitude, a coexistence of shared beauty of the deepest part of the soul - with God it is natural, it is the highest form of how we can possibly attempt to tell him how thankful we are for Him. For in Him we are one with him, in the closest way possible. In the end we are part of Him.

Yes, worship is showing Him reverence and adulation, but that goes hand in hand with the purest form of being one with him, which is what I think most non-believers don't get. They think God just wants to proclaim himself as being a God and envision us proclaming that he is great, just because he wants it. It's deeper than that. It's our souls in connection with His and understanding his purity and his Higher Being over all. Well, isn't that what He is? Ha, ha.

Good post Raggedy.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

See my post that I just added. Worship is absolute love.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

It is a metphaor. In those ancient days of Jewish culture they would sacrifice the anima, usually a lamb, l to remove sins. Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice, the "lamb" and when he spoke of eating the bread and drinking the wine he was referring to HIS substitution. It is not literal. The bread and wine have taken on a symbolic meaning is all.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

That's exactly what happened to me in the Yeshua ben Pandera thread and you accused me of the same thing, remember?
Quite funny this is your thoughts on your own action and words

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite

Worship is a giving of your utmost expression of love, gratitude, a coexistence of shared beauty of the deepest part of the soul - with God it is natural, it is the highest form of how we can possibly attempt to tell him how thankful we are for Him. For in Him we are one with him, in the closest way possible. In the end we are part of Him.

Yes, worship is showing Him reverence and adulation, but that goes hand in hand with the purest form of being one with him, which is what I think most non-believers don't get. They think God just wants to proclaim himself as being a God and envision us proclaming that he is great, just because he wants it. It's deeper than that. It's our souls in connection with His and understanding his purity and his Higher Being over all. Well, isn't that what He is? Ha, ha.

Good post Raggedy.

Then why doesn't god worship us?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
"We worship God so we can find our own value within Him."

There are multiple paths to any destination, But personally I think prayer needs to be less focused on our pathetic needs (egotism), and more focused on the needs of the whole (altruism). Which I suspect is echoed in the parable of the pearl. Our value to God should be seen as inconsequential compared to the value of his entire creation.

Loving God is loving his creation. As kwakakev pointed out. It may be one and the same.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You didn't make God. Well, that's to say, it's highly probable you made him in your image, a detestable psycho god.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

You didn't make God. Well, that's to say, it's highly probable you made him in your image, a detestable psycho god.

So worship as a form of love is strictly a one way relationship? And expecting it to be reciprocated is detestable and psychotic?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That's exactly what happened to me in the Yeshua ben Pandera thread and you accused me of the same thing, remember?
Quite funny this is your thoughts on your own action and words

Yes, that was before I NUKED Jerusalem 🙄

So one minute I am flag and star whoring and next, yep, the faith forum isn’t the place to whore. inconsitantly consistant at least

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

So worship as a form of love is strictly a one way relationship? And expecting it to be reciprocated is detestable and psychotic?

No, clearly you havnt put in any thought and just came to troll, it’s not worth explaining to you

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Not according to a christian perspective, we were placed in charge of creation as stewards not subjects
I am guessing you are not offering a Christian perspective

Pagans worship nature as I understand

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Just kicking this around in my head, see if it has any legs
I know it offends many atheists that God requests love from His people and I understand their frustration but

We worship God so we can find our own value within Him.
Once we understand how valuable God is we can understand/learn how valuable we are to Him and then recognise how valuable/important we are to ourselves, our self worth

worship is not about God, worship is a discovery of self worth through Gods eyes

Not just worthless monkeys with no hair

Anyway, probably millions of theologians have considered the same before

No I'm not offended by your first paragraph. However, I question whether or not you have approach any atheists to ask if they would be offended and so conclude, you are projecting your own offense at the idea that there are atheists or some such nonsense.

On to your question? Or rather your opinion.

I look at it like this.

1. God's of all types are manmade (and I use the 'man' deliberately).
2. Therefore they require followers to maintain their existence by love or fear or whatever the 'priesthood' thinks is working.
3. I'm reading an novel on the very subject right now ("The Raven Tower" by the award winning author Ann Leckie) that explores this topic from the point of view of a "GOD". Another more popular source is the "ORI" arc of Stargate SG1.

Worship on the other hand is a practice to benefit the individual and is true in all spiritual traditions.

If it works for you in this context, wonderful. And the benefits you receive from the practice come from your dedication and discipline regardless of the object of veneration.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: TzarChasm

We worship God so we can find our own value within Him...worship is a discovery of self worth through Gods eyes

Worship is about the need for control and validation. And no, there isn't a single cosmic power that gives a rats fuzzy behind what we do or what happens to the rock we call home.

Well shock and horror, you don’t seem to agree TC, what next, where to from here I wonder.

So, God is controlling you and you find validation in that, doesn’t make any sense to me, how do you figure, oh wait, don’t worry.

You are just like a JW door knocker, just have to don’t you. Fundamentalist atheist preaching like your doctrine is the answer to all life’s nihilisms
Thanks for your input but, we still disagree

Attaching others is not conducive to civil discourse or getting your 'message'? across.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join